Sign in to follow this  
DonnieDarkside

Rebel lists for store champs tomorrow

First tournament and haven't had a lot of time to fly anything. Need help with what to take

Poe

R5-P9

Autothrusters

Chewbacca

C-3PO

Predator

Millennium Falcon

Prototype Pilot

Chardaan Refit

Next build

Poe

VI

AT

R5-P9

Miranda Doni

TLT

tactician

Gold Squad Pilot

TLT

R3-A2

BTL-A title

Between the two, you're probably better off with the second list. That being said, consider: Anything with a native boost and/or barrel roll will stand a good chance of ripping your stresshog apart. I am not confident that a stresshog in a three ship list will have the fire support it will need to avoid being decimated by range 1 out of arc attacks from such ships (especially the TIE Interceptor). Also there is, in our circuit at least, a growing popularity of Latts Razzi lists. These lists make Poe rather pitiful (sucks to have only one agility) and thoroughly enjoy 1 agility ships. Additionally the stresshog will not phase Latts Razzi as the standard load-out is weapons engineer and k4 security droid (green maneuver = acquisition of 2 free target locks and is not an action).

With all that negativity here's why build one is worse: One of your ships, the Prototype Pilot, can be widely ignored as its threat level is minimal. If you accidentally, or foolishly, get it into range before anything else it can be squashed by focused fire pretty quickly. Poe, without the advantage of VI, may be forced to spend his focus token to avoid damage in the mid-to-late game before he gets the chance to use his ability on his attack, thereby taking some oomph out of his punch (for example: Your opponent rolls {boom}, {boom}, {kaboom} with Soontir Fel. You, with only one shield on Poe, have just rolled {eyeball}, {eyeball}. If you don't spend the token you take a face-up damage card, thus you spend the token.). Fat Falcons are counter-able, most competitive builds are now capable of dealing with them and thus deflating your entire strategy. Even my TIE Swarm, that went 2-2 at Store Championships this year, obliterated a Fat Lando in 3 turns of combat without the loss of a single ship (two chronically damaged, but not dead yet!).

Not assuming you'll do something wrong, just saying this because it has become an increasingly common error: Tactician works at Range 2 inside you forward firing arc only. Though Miranda Doni may fire her primary weapon in 360 degrees she may not stress people outside of that primary firing arc printed on her base.

Between the two, you're probably better off with the second list. That being said, consider: Anything with a native boost and/or barrel roll will stand a good chance of ripping your stresshog apart. I am not confident that a stresshog in a three ship list will have the fire support it will need to avoid being decimated by range 1 out of arc attacks from such ships (especially the TIE Interceptor). Also there is, in our circuit at least, a growing popularity of Latts Razzi lists. These lists make Poe rather pitiful (sucks to have only one agility) and thoroughly enjoy 1 agility ships. Additionally the stresshog will not phase Latts Razzi as the standard load-out is weapons engineer and k4 security droid (green maneuver = acquisition of 2 free target locks and is not an action).

With all that negativity here's why build one is worse: One of your ships, the Prototype Pilot, can be widely ignored as its threat level is minimal. If you accidentally, or foolishly, get it into range before anything else it can be squashed by focused fire pretty quickly. Poe, without the advantage of VI, may be forced to spend his focus token to avoid damage in the mid-to-late game before he gets the chance to use his ability on his attack, thereby taking some oomph out of his punch (for example: Your opponent rolls {boom}, {boom}, {kaboom} with Soontir Fel. You, with only one shield on Poe, have just rolled {eyeball}, {eyeball}. If you don't spend the token you take a face-up damage card, thus you spend the token.). Fat Falcons are counter-able, most competitive builds are now capable of dealing with them and thus deflating your entire strategy. Even my TIE Swarm, that went 2-2 at Store Championships this year, obliterated a Fat Lando in 3 turns of combat without the loss of a single ship (two chronically damaged, but not dead yet!).

Not assuming you'll do something wrong, just saying this because it has become an increasingly common error: Tactician works at Range 2 inside you forward firing arc only. Though Miranda Doni may fire her primary weapon in 360 degrees she may not stress people outside of that primary firing arc printed on her base.

So should I take the Title off the Y and swap out droids, or should I just scrap the builds and go back to the drawing board?

Build 2 is good, I'd be wary of it. Make good use of SLAM with Miranda and slow-roll all three ships in formation. 2 regenerating ships with 2 tlts is consistent and reliable. The Hog will go down easily no matter what you do, so just make sure you pile enough stress on your opponent's key ship first!

Search for Paul Beaver's worlds matches on YouTube and watch what he does. Basically you'll want to put Hog and Miranda out in front and Poe behind, on a flank. Then slow roll to control your initial engagement.

I played something very similar to your second list. My first game was pretty much that. It didn't do too well, tactician fired off once (against double decimated) so I changed it a bit and came up with this list which I found to be better (and hated by everyone at my store Mwa ha ha ha ha >:) .)

Poe Cameron,

- Veteran Instincts

- R5-P9

- Shield Upgrade

Miranda Doni

- Twin Laser Turret

Gold Squaddie

- BTL-A4

- Twin Laser Turret

- R3-A2

Tactician is useful in a handful of situations, but it's easy to avoid being at range 2 if you know what you're doing. My own experience has been that it rarely triggers against good opponents.

Edited by McQuirk

I pretty much played list 2 in the first round of my local store champs last weekend. Poe and Miranda took out my Corran between them in the first round of shooting but the Y-wing did not get a shot off until the final round before time was up. Between Jake and the GSP the Y-wing just couldn't get them in arc and Miranda never got to use tactician either...

That said without Corran I killed nothing and lost 70-0

I'm planning on running something similar and was wondering everyone's opinion: would I get more mileage out of Jan Ors (crew) or Tactician on Miranda with a TLT?

I'm planning on running something similar and was wondering everyone's opinion: would I get more mileage out of Jan Ors (crew) or Tactician on Miranda with a TLT?

I ran Poe with 2 Wardens today and went 2-3. Keep in mind I had less than a handful of games under my belt going into today and had never flown a K wing