Sign in to follow this  
WWPDSteven

Intensify Forward Firepower XVII: (Why Dano Loves Ozzel)

Linky: http://www.wwpd.net/2016/02/intensify-forward-firepower-episode.html

Intensify Forward Firepower Episode 17: "Thirteen Secret Reasons Dan Loves Ozzel That Scientists Don't Want You to Know" brings the original crew back together! Easy, Steve, DT and Dano, fresh from Store Championships in New York and Virginia set the listening table with reviews of the events and their takeaways before bringing some Wave 2 commander chat to the conference room. Listen up because the Flesh Star Destroyer is glistening after all the recent action! 

Thanks for the Shout Out.  I'm Really happy to be able to do be doing commissions, and given an actual official framework for it - makes it easy and convenient for people :D

Here's a (very) small selection of pictures from that Specific Commission, and it shows what I do...

DT_02_G_S.jpg

DT_02_G_R.jpg

There is a link in my Signature - Its all still being built at the moment, but I'm always ready to be Messaged or Emailed with Questions about what I can do for you :D

Of course his name is Adam. Like Dan said, starts with a C. Canadian Cletus is happily/sadly(?) going to stick, I'm afraid, if we ever meet again in a tourney.

As for Dras' pics, I'll try to put some more up. His photography doesn't do it justice - really tough to get the details on "film" at this scale!

Felt like with all the "issues" I was juggling during the show I didn't spit this out:

The ISD is fine.

However, like Reinholt said, if you deploy it in such a way that your opponent can avoid it (and inspiring them to do so is not your goal) then it is poorly deployed. In two of my games, outside of grabbing objective tokens, the corner-deployed ISD just made the opponent move away from it laterally and provided next to nothing else. That's terrible. A raider could've done that. 160 points just left floating - fighting with 240 points of my list. Boo this man!

In the list I played I viewed my ISD and Demolisher as distractions that were on the board to soften up targets for my firesprays.

I never lost the ISD and I don't think I actually killed any ships with either of those ships. Pretty much all my kills were by squadrons.

I mean, I had a turn 1 double-arc with my engine tech demo but I don't think it got more than 2 rounds of fire in any game, I had very few front and some side arcs with my ISD (most of my shots with the ISD were anti-squad).

And I don't think you guys "get" Ozzel.

Funny you mention going off the board.

I had a guy fly off the board during an X Wing tournament (casual). The confusion was in that they taped off a 3x3 space just in case the ran out of mats. I ended up letting him keep the ship in play because, well I understood his confusion between the tape and the mat (the mats can be slightly under sized). And up until that point I was beating him handily.

Turns out he pulled out a modified win. I still placed 2nd overall. But the shitstorm it caused from a few other gamers there... Ultimately the TO took the one guy outside and told him that it's casual, but also asked him how many times he's lost due to TO interface/rulings. Both parties involved agreed to the oversight.

I think Armada is very different since you can have the tool right in your hand. And if it was a competitive event, I'd probably react differently.