Sign in to follow this  
hereticdave

Imp List or Scum List

We've a store championship coming up in a month and I'm torn between two lists. A high risk, high reward imperial list at 99 points:

Darth Vader (35)
TIE Advanced (29), TIE/x1 (0), Veteran Instincts (1), Engine Upgrade (4), Advanced Targeting Computer (5)

Maarek Stele (29)
TIE Advanced (27), TIE/x1 (0), Veteran Instincts (1), Advanced Targeting Computer (5)

Soontir Fel (35)
TIE Interceptor (27), Royal Guard TIE (0), Push the Limit (3), Stealth Device (3), Autothrusters (2)

Or a list of my favourite ships at 100 points (plus a Z-95):

Kavil (32)
Y-Wing (24), Autoblaster Turret (2), Unhinged Astromech (1), Veteran Instincts (1), Engine Upgrade (4)

N'Dru Suhlak (26)
Z-95 Headhunter (17), Homing Missiles (5), Push the Limit (3)

Boba Fett (42)
Firespray-31 (39), Push the Limit (3), Inertial Dampeners (1)

I've run the imperial list a few times and been able to out fly some opponents, in one game I finished without loosing any shields or hull, but I've played other games where a mistake or two (or a couple of bad rolls) has led to it's complete and utter destruction. The scum list I've flown only a couple of times. I like the idea of Kavil with EU, VI and the autoblaster turret, but his shooting can be lacking if I use the engine boost for better positioning. Does any one have any tips on flying the Imperial list? Or suggest improvements to either list to get the most out of them? I'm torn between the two and need more practice, just not sure which list to concentrate on more....

I fly Mr.Stele with Crackshot instead of VI, it helps trigger his abbility when you want instead of hoping for bad green rolls.

My league squad features him with your Soontir loadout and 3 AP instead of Vader. It makes the squad more versatile imo as blocking works against any ship but I totally understand Vader's allure so go with what u like. Bring Soontir in the fight earlier than usual and hang back with Mr.Stele, he should pick a TL and receive few shots. He shines on the second round of fire where Ties and aggresive Soontir confirm no shields are up on the defender.

So far 2-0 vs Dash + Stresshog + PS2 Z with CM and Biggs + Ten + B + Z.

It's not a tier 1/1.5 list but winning ain't the only measure of success ;)