timbolton

LOTR: The Card Game - upcoming products list

@timbolton thanks for keeping this thread up to date, it’s a very useful resource.

Please can anyone recommend good (UK) shops for getting the expansions.  I see Games Lore mentioned a few times.  I really want to get the whole Shadows of Mirkwood cycle before branching out to a deluxe set and I am struggling to get the expansions at a reasonable price.  Or maybe I should just get what I can?  I’ve never had a game where so much is out of stock!

6 minutes ago, Sasajak said:

@timbolton thanks for keeping this thread up to date, it’s a very useful resource.

Please can anyone recommend good (UK) shops for getting the expansions.  I see Games Lore mentioned a few times.  I really want to get the whole Shadows of Mirkwood cycle before branching out to a deluxe set and I am struggling to get the expansions at a reasonable price.  Or maybe I should just get what I can?  I’ve never had a game where so much is out of stock!

GamesLore are good. I've also bought LoTR LCG stuff from Magic Madhouse. 

Stuff is coming. Another 2 or so cycles (including Khazad Dum) plus a bunch of sagas will hit UK shops in the next week or so, depending upon shipping times etc. 

I see more reprints (though not Dwarrowdelf yet) are still coming into the UK. One of the interesting ones is Journey along the Anduin nightmare deck, which is a good one and I would recommend to all reasonably experienced players who want an enhanced challenge. It's not one for new players with a small card pool!

3 hours ago, mttrchrds said:

Anybody seen any Dwarrowdelf reprints for sale in the UK yet?

No. I have no idea whether any are actually coming, as they were being shipped some weeks ago, and none have actually arrived. I did read a thread on the Reddit LoTR board where a UK retailer wrote that the restock amounts arriving were less than expected. That's just rumour, but it's extremely sad (and annoying for new players) if true. 

2 hours ago, JonG said:

No. I have no idea whether any are actually coming, as they were being shipped some weeks ago, and none have actually arrived. I did read a thread on the Reddit LoTR board where a UK retailer wrote that the restock amounts arriving were less than expected. That's just rumour, but it's extremely sad (and annoying for new players) if true. 

There may be some truth to this.  Certainly the deluxe and sagas seem mostly out of stock again.  I did order two sagas and still awaiting delivery as one of them was damaged and they are getting another one.  Now worried there won’t be a replacement and I’ll end up with one.  😔

13 hours ago, JonG said:

I feared this might be the case. Oh well, back to being ripped off on ebay then! :(

Apologies! I hadn't realised I was logged out of here, so missed posts.

In terms of shops - I use Gameslore to get the new stuff. You could try contacting places like Orc's Nest in London, see if they have it. You have Fanboy 3 in Manchester which is where I picked up the Collector's box that was near on impossible to get hold of (last time I went they still had one copy left, but that was a while ago). Certain Forbidden Planets also stock the game.

and updated OP to current info.

I've tried emailing my contact at Asmodee, but not heard anything back sadly. We are far behind in terms of the Gen Con packs now.

Edited by timbolton

@Sasajak This store was mentioned by Encounter Roleplay, as a sponsor of their feed for their Adventures in Middle=earth campaign  - https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/30-lord-of-the-rings-card-game

Never ordered from them personally, so no experience of the customer service. Got them mixed up with Birmingham's Waylands Forge (http://www.waylandsforge.co.uk/) for a second there, which I have visited and bought from.

Edited by timbolton

29 minutes ago, alexbobspoons said:

Attack on dol guldur has existed ages without being UK available. Then there's the two newer pod packs too.

Can't even get Attack on Dol Guldur in Canada because it doesn't appear in Asmodee Canada's product catalogue. So after nearly a year of waiting, a retailer finally ordered a few copies directly from FFG... probably at a loss to the retailer, given the low price at which they sold them. That said, going the extra mile did score loyalty points with this customer. 

Someone seems to be asleep at the switch somewhere in the Asmodee distribution network if products are failing to make it into catalogues/distribution. Normally, Canadian and American release dates are the same for FFG products, so the delays with PoD products have been baffling.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:08 PM, alexbobspoons said:

Attack on dol guldur has existed ages without being UK available. Then there's the two newer pod packs too.

We are definitely falling behind in terms of these. I'll try a general email to Asmodee, it's possible my contact has moved on.

According to Asmodee's release this for this coming week, both Wizard's Quest and The Woodland Realm are going to be out!

PDF link - https://www.asmodee.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/1918-__-29-04-2019-__-WEB.pdf

No idea what is going on with Attack on Dol Guldur then, a year overdue (darn those Wizards and their timings!) 

Update: 5/5/19

Wizard's Quest and Woodland Realm are definitely out, I got them from Gameslore.

Asmodee were great regarding Attack on Dol Guldur - turns out it was released quietly in January 2019 and I totally missed it. One of the Asmodee contacts said they'll try to reorder it but my main contact found a UK shop selling it for me. So now I have it!
It looks like the shop has more copies available, I can message you the web address if need be.

There is still one copy of the special collectors edition of the game in Fanboy 3 in Manchester, if anyone is wanting it. It's that or via the store with a silly amount of shipping.

I've updated the OP now to reflect all the changes from this update :)

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, alexbobspoons said:

I got all the recent pod packs yay.

Dunno if the collectors edition is worth it. I did message Dave for a price but he didn't get back so I think busy. I'd only want it for the two new starter quests. 

Want me to check the price the next time I'm there?

I've been trying to get an answer out of FFG about the poor EU support from the last print runs, but all they say is to check the upcoming page. I kindly replied saying I did that, but no stock was ever sent to the EU let alone UK, and no FLGS was even able to order the dwarrowdelf reprint, seems like it only ever went to the USA - FFG just dodge this question, I did state that now the UK enforces the import tax, then it would be great to see some actual stock support for the EU.

I am not hopeful we will ever see a restock in the EU from FFG/Asmodee going forwards, from what I can tell their distribution arm is a mess and really hard to deal with. 

Still IF anyone finds dwarrowdelf anywhere then let the community know lol.