timbolton

LOTR: The Card Game - upcoming products list

It seems peculiar that some UK retailers, but not all, have restocked on Dwarrowdelf. I'm a bit suspicious after also being sent Spanish language packs recently. It seems a bit too good to be true...

For UK buyers, I think there is no risk to buying from the reputable online retailers such as Boardgame Extras, Games Lore, etc. The only time I received a Spanish pack was from Book Depository. Apparently there is a line in the product description that shows it as a Spanish copy, so you do need to be careful when ordering from there.

I saw that Dwarrowdelf is back in stock with Boardgame Extras. I use them to get all my APs and POD packs for LotR and AH, so I would be very surprised if it is an error as they've always been completely reliable. If you are concerned then you could always email them and ask.

40 minutes ago, Mr_Underhill said:

...The only time I received a Spanish pack was from Book Depository. Apparently there is a line in the product description that shows it as a Spanish copy, so you do need to be careful when ordering from there.

exactly where I got mine from! haha!

My Spanish copy of the Redhorn Gate came from Amazon (UK) first party about a month ago, so it's not just Book Depository.

But anyway, we seem to have had a Dwarrowdelf restock even though the FFG upcoming page hasn't updated!

Add me to the list of Amazon customers who were sent a Senor de los Anillos Khazad Dum.

The Dwarrowdelf cycle is pretty playable without Khazad Dum, just add some random filler from other sets. Then when you eventually get it they'll seem like brand new quests again.

My Dwarrowdelf packs that I pre-ordered here in the Netherlands have just been sent my way, so looks like stocks of that cycle are spreading fast even though the 'upcoming' pages still show 'on the boat'.

I just got witw, redhorn, and rtr from shop4world.comy and they have been despatched today :)

They have a 10% off everything offer on now if anyone is missing anything 

Hi guys, sorry, I somehow missed people posting in here.
I've updated the first post with the most up-to-date info I have. We are still looking at the Nightmare Pack for "The Treason of Saruman" being not available in the UK, months after it shipped to shops in the US. I fear you may have to order that one through FFG's online shop, but shipping outside the US on that is atrocious.
I'm using UK-based shop "Games Lore" for checking availability, so if you do see it in a UK store, please let me know.

We may see the Land of Shadow nightmare deck this week.

Edited by timbolton

1 hour ago, timbolton said:

Hi guys, sorry, I somehow missed people posting in here.
I've updated the first post with the most up-to-date info I have. We are still looking at the Nightmare Pack for "The Treason of Saruman" being not available in the UK, months after it shipped to shops in the US. I fear you may have to order that one through FFG's online shop, but shipping outside the US on that is atrocious.
I'm using UK-based shop "Games Lore" for checking availability, so if you do see it in a UK store, please let me know.

We may see the Land of Shadow nightmare deck this week.

after looking a lot I agree with your conclusion here, which is frankly ridiculous considering Land of Shadow stocks on Monday so a set DESIGNED for campaign play cannot be played as a campaign.

Not happy

Edited by alexbobspoons

10 minutes ago, Mr_Underhill said:

I had to get my Treason of Saruman nightmare deck from the USA. I think the release was overlooked by Esdevium.

I think at the time I emailed Esdevium and they had said something about delays, will check my email and FB accounts, see what was said.

I asked one of the online stores who then went to the distributors (presumably Esdevium) to be told there are no plans to distribute that pack in the near future.... WTF! After pumping hundreds of pounds into this product line there will be a product not shipped to the UK. How much of a kick in the spuds to a loyal customer is that! Ive emailed FFG support to ask if this is indeed the case or just wild rumour.

So the Nightmare Pack for "Land of Shadow" is out ( I received my copy from Gameslore) and according to the release schedule of Esdevium Games, "The Black Serpent" will be out this week.

Just to add, FFG support responded saying they don't get involved with what their international distributors decide to distribute. ...

Hmm.... from what I've heard elsewhere that isn't strictly true. Anyways. ..

I emailed Esdivium to ask them and didn't get a reply.

Good news,  Esdivium wrote back and seem to think they were not offered the NM pack by ffg and are contacting them now to ask why (they hope it's just a technical glitch) with a view to getting the pack in Stock in a month or so :)

Good news and yay Esdivium

I see Gameslore now has the Khazad Dum deluxe box back in stock. It has the whole of the Dwarrowdelf cycle in stock - except for Watcher in the Water which has gone already. 

Grey Havens Nightmare deck is now out.

Looks like Alex's good work is about to pay off... Nightmare deck of the Treason of Saruman has been updated on Gameslore's website to say "Expected Sep 2017." Fingers crossed it's incoming!
https://www.gameslore.co.uk/acatalog/PR_The_Lord_Of_The_Rings_LCG_The_Treason_Of_Saruman_Nightmare_Deck.html

16 SEP 2017
Updated OP with current info - 3 new nightmare packs (the Dream-chaser cycle) and a new FFG page for the Attack on Dol Guldur GenCon/Fellowship pack.

"Treason of Saruman" not appearing for the new Esdevium releases for 18/9/17 (PDF link). One week left of September for them to hit their September target for it. Fingers crossed!

So the following is out in the UK shops now -

• Mountain of Fire Saga Expansion
  • Nightmare Deck: Flight of the Stormcaller (Dream-chaser cycle)
  • Nightmare Deck: The Thing in the Depths (Dream-chaser cycle)
  • Nightmare Deck: Temple of the Deceived (Dream-chaser cycle)

So after them, it's Nightmare Decks of various products, the last two adventure packs for the "Sands of Harad" cycle and the "Attack on Dol Guldur" Gen Con pack. Oh and that pesky Nightmare Pack for "The Treason of Saruman" - I think I may try and contact Esdevium games regarding that one, Gameslore still have it on pre-order, but now it's getting stupidly late and being bypassed by lots of other Nightmare Packs.

I've updated with the following information -

The Dungeons of Cirith Gurat is now released in the UK.
FAQ 19 has been added.
The next deluxe expansion, The Wilds of Rhovanion, has been announced, link added.
The digital Lord of the Rings Living Card Game has been announced, section created and link added.

FFG have gotten back to me regarding the missing "The Treason of Saruman Nightmare Deck" saying they hope to get it into the Europe in January 2018, fingers crossed!