timbolton

LOTR: The Card Game - upcoming products list

Expected releases (updated 5 MAY 2019)

Another year begins, so as we slowly make our way through 2019, this thread continues to monitor the LOTR LCG releases in the UK shops (not online).

The old thread is located here

The info is based on availability in UK shops, so please use this as a guide only and not a definite for non-UK locations. UK release information from Asmodee UK  (formerly Esdevium Games). Once I have picked up an item in a UK-based shop (or had confirmation it is definitely in stores), I then move that item to "Now released in the UK" section.

I add "No UK release as yet" to any product which FFG has released in the USA or POD but we haven't seen in the UK shops.

GAME RULES AND FAQ

• Current "Learn to play" rules (26 JUL 2018) located here.
  • Current "Online Rules reference" (29 MAR 2018) located here.
  • Old rules (16 DEC 2014) located here.
  • Current FAQ (19) located here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

LORD OF THE RINGS: THE CARD GAME AND DIGITAL GAME UPCOMING PRODUCTS

Saga Expansion

• The last of the saga expansions has now been released

Deluxe Expansion

Nightmare Decks (POD)

• Awaiting next announcement

Special events (POD)

Lord of the Rings Living Card Game (Digital) 

• Initial announcement here. More information from the Fantasy Flight Interactive website here.
  • Pre-order information is here.
  • Main website for game is here.

Accessories 

LOTR LCG Gamemats are being made available - info here.

NOW RELEASED IN THE UK (as of 05/05/19)

Edited by timbolton
Update 13/04/19

Please post any needed changes, additions, etc below and I'll update the original post asap!

Is the colour scheme ok for people? I have a dark background set on mine, so the coiours work.

Edited by timbolton

Nightmare Decks (POD)

Pretty sure this has been released, although it's out of stock at most places.

Thanks! I thought I had it but couldn't see it anywhere online, like you said it's out of stock and that sometimes means not released. Just checked my storage box and I do have it! Edited the main post now :D

Is something like this necessary when FFG lists the upcoming products on the Product page?

This keeps track of things for (at least) the UK people on here who at times can get products 2 months or more after the US, I keep an eye on the UK side of things, as soon as it's in physical shops, I update. Been doing this from the start, if you check the older thread, no complaints before ;)

Edit: oh and plus, I don't list released items, so if you want to click through every area on the products page, please go ahead, whereas here only the due ones are listed, away from info about other games.

Edited by timbolton

Way to be hostile over something where there is no need lol! You do whatever you need to do bud, I won't take offense, but I've been here since 2010, updating the same thread. And yes, I'll keep updating with your personal support or not. All good!

Edited by timbolton

Grey Havens is now available in UK stores (picked my copy up from Travelling Man, Manchester - great store!)

The PODs Ruins of Belegost and Murder at Prancing Pony are now available via FFG's website and I expect them to be available to purchase from UK stores in the near future. I'll update their entries then. If you want to buy straight from FFG (the shipping abroad can be quite heavy), go to https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/2/18/new-adventures-in-middle-earth/

Esvedium Games has listed the following as being released this week (from 11th April) in the UK -

• The Ruins of Belegost Standalone Quest: LOTR LCG (FFGMEC63)
  • Murder at the Prancing Pony Standalone Quest: LOTR LCG (FFGMEC64)
  • The Road Darkens Nightmare Deck (POD): LOTR LCG (FFGMEN20)
  • The Nin-in-Eilph Nightmare Deck (POD): LOTR LCG (FFGMEN32)
  • Celebrimbor’s Secret Nightmare Deck (POD): LOTR LCG (FFGMEN33)
  • The Antlered Crown Nightmare Deck (POD): LOTR LCG (FFGMEN34)

http://www.esdeviumgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/1615-__-11-04-2016-__-WEB1.pdf

It's going to be a bad week for my wallet...

Esvedium Games has listed the following as being released this week (from 11th April) in the UK -

• The Ruins of Belegost Standalone Quest: LOTR LCG (FFGMEC63)
  • Murder at the Prancing Pony Standalone Quest: LOTR LCG (FFGMEC64)
  • The Road Darkens Nightmare Deck (POD): LOTR LCG (FFGMEN20)
  • The Nin-in-Eilph Nightmare Deck (POD): LOTR LCG (FFGMEN32)
  • Celebrimbor’s Secret Nightmare Deck (POD): LOTR LCG (FFGMEN33)
  • The Antlered Crown Nightmare Deck (POD): LOTR LCG (FFGMEN34)
http://www.esdeviumgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/1615-__-11-04-2016-__-WEB1.pdf

It's going to be a bad week for my wallet...

Just checked my usual online shop, gameslore, and theyre there too. Ordered.

Gameslore is the one I usually get from :)
Esvedium Games is the company that brings the games across to the UK and then distributes them to stores like Gameslore ;) -- so always good to go to them first and their weekly list (out usually Friday/Saturday for the next week)

And meh Psychorocka, I feel for you :(

Edited by timbolton

Says the last update was 8/5/16... How did you get an update from three months in the future to show up her? :)

Europeans format dates as DD/MM/YY. That says May 8th, not August 5th.

Hiya,

"Officially released" is USA, in the UK (and other places) we can get stuff a lot later, months even. I tend to keep on top of releases our side of the pond. If I can pick it up in a physical store in the UK then it is definitely out, I have no special method of getting things earlier than anyone (aside the USA). I had hoped I'd covered that in the blurb before the list, I'll check to see if it doesn't make sense. 

Edited by timbolton

Games Lore have been pretty good with their releases. A couple of times they had AGoT 2e and LotR stuff before what "everybody" said was the European release date. I have to wait 6-8 days from ordering though, and I've only finished buying three cycles not even in sequence, so everything might as well have release dates in 2017 ;)

Keep doing the lists till you're sick of it.