Sign in to follow this  
Boba Rick

Dumbest Move You Ever Made?

I thought that 2 forward wouldn't park Soontir's front on a rock, and actually allow me to barrel roll whichever way was better against that swarm.  One damage from the rock, one damage from the swarm, and one more damage leaving the rock meant that Soontir was a sacrifice to the 2 template gods.  Knocked myself out of any top 4 contention with that mismove!

Edited by jonnyd

Semifinals of a store championship I thought I had my opening set up like normal but I had echo one base closer to the edge than normal. I was so tired I didn't see it until I did my first decloak of the game right off of the board before shots were even fired. The rest of the game went something like 1 pancake vs 2 pancakes. (like someone else said this was before the faq about decloaking off of the board) Unfortunately poor Chirpy wasn't feeling up to it...

In my winter tournament last year I took Vader with RAC...up against three Ion turrets (Jan/Kyle/Dutch), I proceeded to 4 straight boost left bank on the right side...and then 4 straight again and realized that I had zero agility versus three ion cannon turrets (only two ended up in range at the time)... Opponent proceeded to ion RAC and that put me so close to the board that I was not able to turn out of it the following turn. I did, however, get a crit through to Jan to remove her secondary weapon, but my opponent had the init and got to fire her ICT first...

Now I respect the ion...and I don't think I have flown the Decimator since that day.

Edited by Deepspace5

I had Luke VS Vader. Vader was hurting and I just needed to get arcs on him one more time. I took a crit which gave me a stress. I used Integrated Astromech to ditch the stress card because unless I k-turned I would never get arcs again. Unfortunately vader is super fast and was able to get up close and boost/barrel roll out of arcs anyways. It was the most telegraphed move I've done ever. If I had faked it and just did a 1 forward, he would have been right in front of me and I would have finally had the advantage.

First time flying soontir fel, I figured the sneaky thing to do would be to charge straight up into range one directly at a pair of autoblaster turret Y wings....figuring they wouldn't expect it.

Turns out math isn't concerned with whats expected or not.

I Glitterstimmed a damaged Talonbane, and forgot about the stress when I assigned my next round's dial. Tried a K-turn, realized my mistake, and handed my dial to my opponent. He flew Talonbane onto a rock where he promptly exploded.

A cautionary tale about the dangers of space-drugs.

I once missjudged a turn (I went 2 when I knew it should have been a 3) and landed Soontir on an asteroid right in front of every ship my opponent had. Fel died

Edited by Spaceman91

Dialed a 3 bank by accident on Latts when i meant to do a 3 turn.  Resulted in flying off the board by less than a millimeter with my full health YV.  The only silver lining is that my last other ship died the same round, so it would have been latts vs corran and ten numb, so I was going to lose anyway.  I MIGHT have been able to kill Ten still for some extra MoV, but...

Not my bad move, but a friend's. After an intense round of combat, it came down to one my health Blue Ace vs her Zeta Ace with only a shield missing. My friend k turned over an asteroid with Zeta and took a damage. Next turn she flew back over the same asteroid and took a direct hit. Kaboom.

Edited by lordzel

I played a game this past weekend where I ran Fel, Whisperer and Omega Leader against 3 Scum ywings and 2 Khiraxes. They were all PS2 and was really out maneuvering them. But then after a PtL boost/barrel roll combo on Fell, I did a 5 k turn and since I still had a stress token, my opponent moved Fell for me. Into a rock. That I hit next turn too! So two damage and in the middle of his swarm. Not a good place for your ace. Died next turn.

Flying Boba/Bossk against palpmobile, soontir and vader. got shots on soontir right away, vader too, surgically flew boba inbetween a couple asteroids, next turn had I turned left, I would have had boba and bossk both in range 1 of the palpmobile and both aces......instead I turned right and boba abandoned his fellow bounty hunter to die....the following turn the chase was on for fett all alone and he didnt last long. 1 single turn in the wrong direction cost me the best start to a game I had ever had.

I flew a mostly unscathed Boba Fett (S&V version) off the board because I got the auxiliary firing arc confused with the primary, and plotted a move based on the misconception that my ship was headed the other way. This confusion had me doing a straight-4 to the edge of the board. I noticed my error the moment I flipped the dial, and could see I had no way of saving it the next turn, so I just did as much damage to Hanna Solo (<- my daughter calls that pilot that when she is flying the Falcon) as I could and went on to lose the game.

She got a good story out of it.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robins