Sign in to follow this  
Stark464

What's on a space station?

So my players will soon go to Port Aquila, but I'm coming up blank with what kind of place it will be. The Enemies Within book talks about the factions and the Imperium ship, and some mining bases on the asteroids, but what else will there be? Is it like a motorway service station, a giant market or actual place where people live? I get the impression its spread across multiple platforms which makes me even more confused. Anyone else ran anything on a space station yet? I'm just looking for a list of locations.

If you want a more deep look into life aboard space stations, I recommend reading the entry on Port Wander in the Rogue Trader "Into the Storm" supplement book. (or you can check the Warhammer wiki page here http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Port_Wander, for the scum version of this http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Footfall)

The most important thing to keep in mind about Imperial space stations is their scale. A single space station will house at the very least several thousand for a small station and larger ones like Port Aquila have populations in the low millions. They are Hive Cities in space with decks dedicated to everything from food production, power generations, civilian housing, barracks, markets, and everything else you can imagine a void-based population to require.

Now, Port Aquila is a modified Ramilies-Class Star Fort (see here http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Ramilies-class_Starfort)and as such it retains an extensive military presence and weaponry. As for its society and culture, that is told in detail in Enemy Within and I won't bore you with repeating it here. Hopefully this helps you get a firmer picture of how stations appear in 40k.

Edited by SCKoNi

Now, Port Aquila is a modified Ramilies-Class Star Fort and as such it retains an extensive military presence and weaponry. As for its society and culture, that is told in detail in Enemy Within and I won't bore you with repeating it here. Hopefully this helps you get a firmer picture of how stations appear in 40k.

Not true. It's a collection of different facilities, stations, and asteroids - not a singular location.

There is, however, a Ramilles fort outside of Port Aquila with a small Imperial presence, but most of the "military" power in the area is the Trade Combine's.

Overall, a really neat location - one of my favourite parts of Enemies Within.

Now, Port Aquila is a modified Ramilies-Class Star Fort and as such it retains an extensive military presence and weaponry. As for its society and culture, that is told in detail in Enemy Within and I won't bore you with repeating it here. Hopefully this helps you get a firmer picture of how stations appear in 40k.

Not true. It's a collection of different facilities, stations, and asteroids - not a singular location.

There is, however, a Ramilles fort outside of Port Aquila with a small Imperial presence, but most of the "military" power in the area is the Trade Combine's.

Overall, a really neat location - one of my favourite parts of Enemies Within.

Ah thanks, what kind of facilities and stations did you put there? So far I just have the Imperium fort, some mining bases on the asteroids, and I was thinking an abandoned plague ship which could be where the rogue psykers are hiding out. Probably will have a hive-like station with markets/bars/gambling dens/trading areas, and a military area.