Sign in to follow this  
stabbald

Has FFG lost interest in Armada?

What's with the news drought? No news for this game has been released other than boring 'Organized Play' and 'Product Now Available' announcements since the 30th of September. How is FFG expecting to keep people interested in the game if they give the impression that they are no longer working on it?

Maybe I'm spoiled by being an X-Wing fan. A game that always seems to have *something* going on.

Personally, I like a complete game. I immensely dislike the constant waves of releases we get with X Wing, or the constant wave of re-releases we get with 40K. I prefer a company to get a game right, and then stop messing with it!

So I look on FFG's lack of support as a positive, not a negative.

Aren't there like, 8 other, basically identical threads you could've commented on, instead of making yet another thread to say basically the same thing?

I don't read every thread. I looked at the front page and didn't immediately see any topics that sounded like the one I want to talk about so I posted this thread. I now notice that the 'Lets do this thing wave 3' is similar but didn't initially look at that one because I assumed it was a wave three speculation thread.

Also I frankly don't give two hoots how many threads like these there are, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Maybe someone at FFG will take notice and actually acknowledge the game's existence if the entirety of the forum turns into a Where's Waldo hunt for the game developers.

Also I frankly don't give two hoots how many threads like these there are, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Maybe someone at FFG will take notice and actually acknowledge the game's existence if the entirety of the forum turns into a Where's Waldo hunt for the game developers.

Oh good, let's clutter the forum with repeated useless drivel. That's a pretty good call.

FFG will respond in their own time. I'm confident they don't care very much of every thread is started by whiners who are incapable of using the search function, or posting replies to relevant threads.

They are aware that people are eagerly anticipating news.

I heard they have lost interest.

They have created a fun well balanced game that dose not fill there inbox with complaints, fixes needed and how some upgrades are so broken the game is unplayable. This has lead them to belive there is no one playing the game so they are deciding to shelve it for now.

In the notes to one of the most recent FAQ/Erratas, - the infamous one where they reversed their previous ruling on Xi7s vs Advanced Projectors - Oh the ignominy! - they said the main driver was to ensure FUTURE game balance.

One indication they are planning a bit further ahead.

In the notes to one of the most recent FAQ/Erratas, - the infamous one where they reversed their previous ruling on Xi7s vs Advanced Projectors - Oh the ignominy! - they said the main driver was to ensure FUTURE game balance.

They also referenced Wave 4 at Worlds, didn't they?

Of course they have not lost interest.

It used to be the case that a company released a game, MAYBE an expansion a couple of years later, then moved on. We are just spoilt with the amount of support FFG actually gives its products that it feels like neglect when actually everything is fine.

You mean that a lack of commercial writing from FFG should in some way affect our level of interest in the game? How about actually play the game? That should keep your interest up, and if it does not, no amout of FFG verbiage can fix that.

If you find there is a lack of online content, the Internet is a wonderful thing, allowing Everyone to be producers of talk shows, videos and blogs, and indeed repetitive forum posts focusing on everything that is wrong with something as opposed to praising what is right. Instead of questioning the lack of content, just fill it! I am certain that there are people who rather reads or listens to qualified strategists out there than some random content producer from FFG who only really needs to meet a specific target or wants to whip up some hype to increase sales..

They absolutely did.

HOWEVER - and I hate contributing to these threads now, but this is an important point - until the point at which they place an order for manufacture of a group of products, nothing is set in stone from a business perspective. If they decided that Wave 3 wasn't going to sell the numbers to justify production and distribution, they might theoretically have gotten to the point of creating marketing material and press releases, and then decided to cancel before making the full financial commitment. (Wages paid to designers and marketing departments won't be significant compared to the cost of product, also, spent-cost fallacy).

I'm NOT saying that this is the case - I hope, desperately, that an announcement is just around the corner. But, it's important not to get your hopes up on the Wave 4 mention, because these things will be planned months ahead of time.

In fairness, I bring up the "they mentioned Wave 4" thing in every Wave 3 thread that appears, because it's a glimmer of hope. But it's nothing set in stone, not even as far as Wave 3 goes.

snip

That's fair. But at the flagship Store Championship the judge was an Armada developer. Obviously he didn't say anything because he can't, but if they do have developers employed it seems likely that they'd still be working on it.

Plus Armada sales have been great, so I doubt they'd end it already for business reasons.

Oh good, let's clutter the forum with repeated useless drivel. That's a pretty good call.

FFG will respond in their own time. I'm confident they don't care very much of every thread is started by whiners who are incapable of using the search function, or posting replies to relevant threads.

Well thanks for the unnecessarily insulting post, does a great job of cutting down on the "drivel" that you seem so concerned with.

That's fair. But at the flagship Store Championship the judge was an Armada developer. Obviously he didn't say anything because he can't, but if they do have developers employed it seems likely that they'd still be working on it.

Plus Armada sales have been great, so I doubt they'd end it already for business reasons.

No, I broadly agree, if they still have developers working on it and sales have been great, then the game is still going strong at FFG HQ. I simply meant to highlight that the mention of Wave 4 at Worlds isn't indicative of anything beyond the fact that at that time they were planning what they would do for a potential fourth wave, but that those plans can and might have changed. Mostly being pessimistic.

I'll make tomorrow's post on the lack of updates

Oh, that's interesting. I'm pretty new to this game and as such I didn't catch the Worlds stuff... I'll have to go see if it's still around. Been meaning to do that. Thanks.

Of course they have not lost interest.

It used to be the case that a company released a game, MAYBE an expansion a couple of years later, then moved on. We are just spoilt with the amount of support FFG actually gives its products that it feels like neglect when actually everything is fine.

Yeah I was thinking this was probably the case, the title of this thread was meant to be a little hyperbolic.

Edited by stabbald

Well, we have all been burned by other companies dropping support for our favourite games, so you can't deny the thought hasn't crossed your mind for this one...

At least the OP went and said what we are all thinking / fearing.

Well thanks for the unnecessarily insulting post, does a great job of cutting down on the "drivel" that you seem so concerned with.

I'm concerned with cutting down the overall drivel on the forums, yeah. That mostly relates to weeding through endless topics of people complaining about the same thing. If you want to whine, feel free to do so in any of the other half-dozen threads that people made to communicate the exact same message that you are conveying.

I wouldn't use the word unnecessary, but then again I wasn't even very insulting, if at all.

No, I broadly agree, if they still have developers working on it and sales have been great, then the game is still going strong at FFG HQ. I simply meant to highlight that the mention of Wave 4 at Worlds isn't indicative of anything beyond the fact that at that time they were planning what they would do for a potential fourth wave, but that those plans can and might have changed. Mostly being pessimistic.

Oh of course, and it's always good to mention, and be aware, that though new Waves are possible, nothing is set in stone until we see release dates.

I'll make tomorrow's post on the lack of updates

I appreciate your sacrifice.

I'm concerned with cutting down the overall drivel on the forums, yeah. That mostly relates to weeding through endless topics of people complaining about the same thing. If you want to whine, feel free to do so in any of the other half-dozen threads that people made to communicate the exact same message that you are conveying.

I wouldn't use the word unnecessary, but then again I wasn't even very insulting, if at all.

I don't think the thread title was particularly vague, no one is forcing you to read it and if you're really that bothered then don't reply. All that does is bump the thread back to the top.

Armada, just like X-wing, seems to be on people's minds even when they aren't playing, a hallmark of a successful game IMHO. So, naturally, they crave to talk about it as much as possible in their downtime, when they aren't at the table. Has everything in wave2 been covered enough? Most likely not. But that doesn't mean that there aren't people who are looking forward to the next great thing to be on the horizon.