Sign in to follow this  
Kelvan

Scum and Villainy 25: Juke Box Heroes

Pleasantly surprised to find myself an episode behind.

OMG I finally hit 1000 posts. How to I alter my forum title? Sozin says I have to go with Pirate Lord.

They took that ability away awhile ago...only us old and grizzled veterans get to keep ours.  I do nominate you for Pirate Overlord though.

And any word on how to fix the download issue?  I've tried the unsubscribe/forget issue and that usually works, but not this time.

Lastly, where's the Juking Inquisitor?

Inquisitor + title + Juke + thrusters

Vader + title + ATC + Adaptability (+1) + EU

Vess + X7 + Juke

99pts

You could De-juke the inquisitor and go dual VI Vader and Inquisitor but then you're not a Juke Squad... But you hunt aces like a monster at PS 11 and 10.  Also, another tempting Variation is drop EU and go VI Vader + prockets if you think you can keep Vader effective long enough without EU or MkII and adaptability if PS 10 is enough. 

Edited by Rakky Wistol

Pleasantly surprised to find myself an episode behind.

OMG I finally hit 1000 posts. How to I alter my forum title? Sozin says I have to go with Pirate Lord.

They took that ability away awhile ago...only us old and grizzled veterans get to keep ours.  I do nominate you for Pirate Overlord though.

And any word on how to fix the download issue?  I've tried the unsubscribe/forget issue and that usually works, but not this time.

I think Antigrapist or Sozin had come up with something. I'm not sure.

Green Squadron pilot with:

Title awing test pilot

Chardaan refit

Crack shot

Juke

X 5 times

:)

This is something I go back and forth on. As boost/evade or focus/boost is so good. But you're throwing in a whole extra ship and each one probably hits just a little harder.

Colonel-vessery.pngswx52-tie-x7.pngJuke.png

/ mic drop

Been proxying that exact build whenever I fly Vessery. It is absolutely brutal. Especially with good backup that target locks frequently (hello Vader and Inquisitor!), Juke Vess is my favorite way to fly him. Target lock, focus, evade, and Juke...so juicy... Edited by Nhoj4

Title awing test pilot

Chardaan refit

Crack shot

Juke

X 5 times :)

This is something I go back and forth on. As boost/evade or focus/boost is so good. But you're throwing in a whole extra ship and each one probably hits just a little harder.

For a little more competitive you can also do:

4x green sq. Pilot with title, refit, push the limit and juke

1x Z-95

Great action economy and versatility for the a-wings on the offence and defence

Title awing test pilot

Chardaan refit

Crack shot

Juke

X 5 times :)

For a little more competitive you can also do:

4x green sq. Pilot with title, refit, push the limit and juke

1x Z-95

Great action economy and versatility for the a-wings on the offence and defence

I've actually been doing 4 w/ Hull Upgrade. I really enjoy that list.

Sozin flew the following last Thursday (after the show) with a TIE Adv. Prototype:

The Inquisitor (TIE Adv. Prototype)

Push the Limit

Proton Rockets 

TIE/v1

Twin Ion Engine Mk II

Omega Squadron Pilot (TIE/fo Fighter)  x 3

Juke

Comm Relay

The Proton Rocket was fairly devastating against my Defender... though blank green dice always make that a bad deal... and it was an exceptionally bad green dice night.

I actually like the idea of Juke Juno

Juno Eclipse — TIE Advanced 28

Juke 2

Accuracy Corrector 0

TIE/x1 0

Ship Total: 30

She gets pretty decent maneuverability and accuracy corrector fixes the offense mods, so you just kinda ping damage thru

I like the idea of buzzsaw juke. Had an idea to combo that w/tractor beam and a swarm.

Zuckuss — G-1A Starfighter     
    Juke     
    Gunner     
    Fire-Control System     
    Glitterstim     
    Tractor Beam     
    Title

Mmm, I'm liking this Palob + Juke idea - now I just need to figure out how to spend the last 42 points:

- [27] Palob Godalhi + Juke + Ion Cannon Turret

- [31] Drea Renthal + R4-B11 + Twin Laser Turret

- ???

Options:

- 2x [21] Cartel Marauder + Inertial Dampeners

- 3x [14] Binary Pirate + Feedback Array

- 1x [42] Latts Razzi + Gunner + Bossk + Tactician

- 1x [41] Trandoshan Slaver + Ion Projector + Gunner + Bossk + Tactician + Intertial Dampeners

- 1x [42] Guri + Title + Autothrusters + Predator + Sensor Jammer + Glitterstim

Count me as one of those who likes Juke, but doesn't think it really stands up to the gold standard of Predator (the most direct comparison because it's a pure jousting card) in most cases.  Predator works when you're stressed, blocked, or fly over a rock.  Juke doesn't, because you need the action to get the Evade token (Comm Relay and x7 title excepted).  Juke also doesn't work if you roll like crap, because if your dice do no damage, negating an evade won't matter too much either.  Furthermore, if you need that Evade to defend against high PS (pretty common in my experience), it's not contributing to your offense.  That's not to say there isn't places that Juke is better than Predator.  Comm Relay ships, PTL A-wings, and x7 Defenders (especially Vessery) all have ways to make that Juke work without it being a burden.  I think most other uses of Juke end up being some pretty heavily engineered situations involving specific pilots with specific upgrades, and maybe additional ships to make them work.  That's not to say these alternatives aren't great ways to use Juke, but it's not Predator, which you make work on almost any ships with an EPT.  

Count me as one of those who likes Juke, but doesn't think it really stands up to the gold standard of Predator (the most direct comparison because it's a pure jousting card) in most cases. Predator works when you're stressed, blocked, or fly over a rock. Juke doesn't, because you need the action to get the Evade token (Comm Relay and x7 title excepted). Juke also doesn't work if you roll like crap, because if your dice do no damage, negating an evade won't matter too much either. Furthermore, if you need that Evade to defend against high PS (pretty common in my experience), it's not contributing to your offense. That's not to say there isn't places that Juke is better than Predator. Comm Relay ships, PTL A-wings, and x7 Defenders (especially Vessery) all have ways to make that Juke work without it being a burden. I think most other uses of Juke end up being some pretty heavily engineered situations involving specific pilots with specific upgrades, and maybe additional ships to make them work. That's not to say these alternatives aren't great ways to use Juke, but it's not Predator, which you make work on almost any ships with an EPT.

You're reasoning mostly from an offensive perspective. The great thing about Juke is that it brings an offense boon to a defensive choice/action :) for solely offensive purposes there are better options, such as predator. Edited by Plato

I thought up this for the ultimate way to punish someone who doesn't take a focus action.  May not be top tier competitive but it seems like a fun solid build.

The Inquisitor (25)

Juke (2) Tie V/1 (1) Autothrusters (2)

Omega Leader (21)

Juke (2) Comm Relay (3)

Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)

Tie X/1 Sensor Jammer(0) Twin Ion Engine MK II (1)

Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)

Tie X/1 Sensor Jammer(0) Twin Ion Engine MK II (1)

Count me as one of those who likes Juke, but doesn't think it really stands up to the gold standard of Predator (the most direct comparison because it's a pure jousting card) in most cases. Predator works when you're stressed, blocked, or fly over a rock. Juke doesn't, because you need the action to get the Evade token (Comm Relay and x7 title excepted). Juke also doesn't work if you roll like crap, because if your dice do no damage, negating an evade won't matter too much either. Furthermore, if you need that Evade to defend against high PS (pretty common in my experience), it's not contributing to your offense. That's not to say there isn't places that Juke is better than Predator. Comm Relay ships, PTL A-wings, and x7 Defenders (especially Vessery) all have ways to make that Juke work without it being a burden. I think most other uses of Juke end up being some pretty heavily engineered situations involving specific pilots with specific upgrades, and maybe additional ships to make them work. That's not to say these alternatives aren't great ways to use Juke, but it's not Predator, which you make work on almost any ships with an EPT.

You're reasoning mostly from an offensive perspective. The great thing about Juke is that it brings an offense boon to a defensive choice/action :) for solely offensive purposes there are better options, such as predator.

True, I am very offensively minded.  Most ships that can effectively use Juke, however, have AGI 3, so a Focus is going to be nearly as good as an Evade.  That Focus is already an offensive/defensive action, and you don't have to pay 2 points for it.  

I actually like the idea of Juke Juno

Juno Eclipse — TIE Advanced 28

Juke 2

Accuracy Corrector 0

TIE/x1 0

Ship Total: 30

She gets pretty decent maneuverability and accuracy corrector fixes the offense mods, so you just kinda ping damage thru

I've spent about an hour thinking about good buddies for this Juno.

Anyway, my entry into the Juke squad mix:

Glaive (34), Juke (2), x7 (-2) = 34

Howlrunner 18, Juke 2 = 20

Academy Pilot 12

100 points

The Glaives can get a Focus (action), Evade (x7), Juke, and a re-roll.  The Academy blocks, and Howlrunner is Howlrunner.

Anyway, my entry into the Juke squad mix:

Howlrunner 18, Juke 2 = 20

Academy Pilot 12

100 points

The Glaives can get a Focus (action), Evade (x7), Juke, and a re-roll.  The Academy blocks, and Howlrunner is Howlrunner.

This is nice. my only thought is I'm not so sure about the formation this group is gonna fly in to get HR bonuses.

You just fly in a pinwheel and joust, AP a little out in front, enemy squad depending. Howl probably dies first exchange, but probably not before the Glaives hit something really hard. On the K-turn, the Glaives are going to have such a colossal advantage that the other squad is going to have to do something other than joust, which might buy Howl some time.

Mmm, I'm liking this Palob + Juke idea - now I just need to figure out how to spend the last 42 points:

- [27] Palob Godalhi + Juke + Ion Cannon Turret

- [31] Drea Renthal + R4-B11 + Twin Laser Turret

- ???

I rarely end up with Evade tokens on Palob when I play him and when I do I usually end up spending it to prevent damage before he shoots.. It seems like if you are going to take Juke on him you might as well give him a TLT so that when he does have a token while attacking he gets the most benefit from it that he can.

This one is for Sable....

Guri w/ Juke, Virago, Sensor Jammer, Cloaking Device, Stygium Particle Accelerator. 41pts.

How to make Guri juke! Pairs well with this...Pablo w/ TLT, Wired, Zuckuss, Moldy Crow. 31 points. Grayfax's list had Zuckuss on the wrong ship.

Talonbane can also use the same set up without the Sensor Jammer for a modest 34 pts. Of course like Guri it is a completely useless combo once the cloak fails, but still awesome fun.

I was surprised that Vader wasn't mentioned on the show. He seems like the standout candidate for Juke. High PS multi action crit dealer for 36 points. Ouch. MajorJuggler's Vader, Vessery, Lockdown squad looks terribly scary.

In general I have to agree with theorist about Juke on it being the over rated side of things. For 3 attack dice Predator is almost always better. There isn't that many ships I would consider it to be honest. Comm Relay ships, Vader, some Defenders (but there are a wealth of effective options for them now (soon), Kyle with TLT, Moldy Crow and Jan crew, TIE Proto, particularly the Inquisitor but if they have a generic with EPT it would be a consideration. It feels a lot like Lonewolf. Well costed, great on paper but requires a lot of effort to make work.