Sign in to follow this  
Stone37

Reason to release another YT-1300

A year ago, the thought of re-released large ships didn't make any sense, but the more I think about it, the more I start thinking it should happen. An aces-style expansion with a single large ship instead of 2 small ships. I can see reasons to do it for both the 1300 and the Firespray right now. Could include pilots for 2 factions in each, giving a boost to a wider player base, plus include some generics for the large ships. I find it a little annoying that you HAVE to play a named pilot if you want to fly a large ship that isn't bottom of the barrel. A couple generic pilots for each that are higher PS would be nice.

I would have thought a sensible 'pack' would be poes repaint xwing and a new dish falcon.    A new dish falcon on its own is pushing it a bit as a model release.     I'd see kylo rens shuttle as the new order counter part.

They *could* release the new resistance or new order troop transports but they are a bit more limited in scope for the game really i think.

I would have thought a sensible 'pack' would be poes repaint xwing and a new dish falcon.    A new dish falcon on its own is pushing it a bit as a model release.   

I have been assuming that a large ship and a small ship in a non-epic expansion is not really practical for FFG to do repeatedly (the Ghost being an aberration they were forced into by the reality of the show), but I could be wrong and the Ghost/Phantom expansion indicates that it is something they are willing to do now.

If that is the case, then yes, a Falcon/Poe pack is definitely a way to go with it.

The Thrawn books indicate that it is an incredibly rare ship. Han is stunned that the Noghri managed to find a working YT-1300 to impersonate the falcon.

I read that as Han was shocked that some had a YT 1300 that looked identical to the Falcon, not that someone had a YT 1300.

That isn't what the passage says though. Heir to the Empire, Chapter 10

"It's a fake," Han told him. "I can't believe it - these guys actually dug up another working YT–1300 freighter somewhere. " 

That is pretty plain that he is surprised they found another YT-1300 that could actually fly.

I completely agree with the OP. I mean, sure, there are lots of other ships they might release for Scum (like an Epic one!), but why not put out a second YT-1300, with the Krayt Fang title, some Resistance variants from TFA and some Scum variants from existing lore? Sounds like an easy way to make some money, and add some variety to the game, to me. 

But that's just it, adding a 1300 to scum doesn't add nearly as much variety as adding a new ship would. In fact, it would make scum even more like a weaker version of rebel. Not something that would break anything, it would just be extremely disappointing is all.

I completely agree with the OP. I mean, sure, there are lots of other ships they might release for Scum (like an Epic one!), but why not put out a second YT-1300, with the Krayt Fang title, some Resistance variants from TFA and some Scum variants from existing lore? Sounds like an easy way to make some money, and add some variety to the game, to me. 

But that's just it, adding a 1300 to scum doesn't add nearly as much variety as adding a new ship would. In fact, it would make scum even more like a weaker version of rebel. Not something that would break anything, it would just be extremely disappointing is all.

^this

adding to that (and not even touching on the lazy PWT mechanics), scum already has Jumpy + title. There is nothing the fake falcon could do  that couldnt have been done with another jumpmaster pilot, except have a pre-existin dial. Jumpy has more and more varied upgrade slots (+ taking the title is an actual choice; not a no brainer) and a swanky new dial to flaunt

mechanically speaking, the yt-1300 is just awful and offers nada of interest that couldnt be done better on another, actually new ship

Edited by ficklegreendice

I've been saying this for months:

YT-1300 with Rey pilot, Finn crew, Krayt Fang title and Trex pilot, Unkar Plutt pilot with ability: when revealing a manoeuvre, you may instead do a red 0 manoeuvre. New Millenium Falcon title: gain an illicit upgrade slot. New illicit upgrade: Illegal SLAM drive. (canon as of Smuggler's Run novel).

Scum dial as well as resistance one. Some generic scum pilots like: spice smuggler, etc.

FFG is very very unlikely to give an illicit slot to a Rebel ship.

So you must mean a Scum only Millennium Falcon title, which is also unlikely. 

KraytFin7.jpg

And many said that the cloaking device would be imperial only, but yet scum are getting it. If the cost is high, and only ONE ship in the rebel fleet can have it, it is likely to not break the game. The title i suggest is for both rebel and scum, much like the Moldy Crow.

Again, IF scum were to get a 1300, it would almost certainly use the ORS stats exclusively, which means it would be pointed very differently, and would PLAY completely differently than the named rebel pilots that everyone uses.

and itd be all the more similar to the jumpmaster

If scum got the actual YT-1300 and not another Falcon it could be quite a bit different than the Rebel Version.

Exact stats but add 2 illicit slots and a boatload of new illicit tech to occupy them and you'd be good to go.

Not really on topic, but I've said before, I really wish when they designed the stats for the falcon, they had given it ORS stats, no turret but 3 modification slots and a turret upgrade slot.

A YT-1300 came stock with two light twin laser turrets.  The Millennium Falcon has upgraded from stock turrets.

The ORS (as FFG has presented it) is sufficient in relaying the difference between the Falcon and a standard YT-1300.  I think even FFG agrees at this point that the Falcon title should have been more than just the evade action...

Not really on topic, but I've said before, I really wish when they designed the stats for the falcon, they had given it ORS stats, no turret but 3 modification slots and a turret upgrade slot.

Which would mean Falcon Quads for every turret ship in the game.

It would've helped if there was an actual modification slot in the first place. :P.

It would've helped if there was an actual modification slot in the first place. :P.

I have growled about at home stuff for years now (like a lot of us) and it IS the best thing to do. FFG is running a business. That is great but if you want more out of these games you do it with friends at home.

This is why I despise the negative issues that tournament play always brings up here. These arguments all go away if you just make the game more yours and stop trying to be a jukebox hero at a social-nerd-event.

:lol:

It's just that Modifications were so obviously an afterthought. If they'd had designed them from the start there'd've been a symbol for it on the cards. That in turn would've opened up easier design space to add more slots (as per RGP) or upgrades that take away that slot, or take up that and another slot. What we now see with LRS and /X7 for instance.

It's just that Modifications were so obviously an afterthought. If they'd had designed them from the start there'd've been a symbol for it on the cards. That in turn would've opened up easier design space to add more slots (as per RGP) or upgrades that take away that slot, or take up that and another slot. What we now see with LRS and /X7 for instance.

FFG wanted to keep it fun and easy... they did but now it is kinda like over thick CCG with the combos. Oh well unless they do up a new versions (and they aren't gonna) it is a home-brew wonderful stew for the more detail-minded folks like us.

;)

Small-based ships get one Modification, large-based ships get two?

Seems easy-squeezie, but I could easily be missing a broken combo...

Small-based ships get one Modification, large-based ships get two?

Seems easy-squeezie, but I could easily be missing a broken combo...

If you'd implement that now, then yes, there could well be gamebreaking consequences. The current upgrades aren't designed with that in mind,after all (every large ship would be EU and AT glued together, for instance). 

This is just a slightly wistful lament for the path not taken, with 20/20 hindsight. 

Leave the turret on, have all with ORS statline, and have MF Title read:

Modification, YT-1300 Only

Your action bar gains the evade action, +1 Attack, +2 Hull, and +3 Shields. 

Oh, and it would be 10 points, also all the Falcon pilots would have a 10 point drop, other than the ORS. That way you coudl only ever have 1 Falcon on the table at once.

Edited by CJKeys

First time we saw Modifications was with the YT-1300....  (2x EU and 2x SU)

First time we saw Modifications was with the YT-1300....  (2x EU and 2x SU)

I know, that's my point. Every other upgrade type has a specific slot on the upgrade bar. But because they added a type they wanted to be available to every type of ship including the TIE Fighter, Advanced, Y-Wing and X-Wing they couldn't just do that (You also got Stealth Devices in the Slave I).