Sign in to follow this  
Dagonet

"Bad" Movie night

No-ones said they live yet?

Glad Kung fury is there -most movies in the original couple of posts wern't bad though.

What you want is terrible 80s - 90s b-movie horror trash.

So, Troma it is then. Let's start with blood sucking freaks, at least for the most... creative... execution I have ever seen.

I always recommend terror firmer. tromeo and juliet features the late great Lemmy.

At least 3 of the toxic avengers, class of nuke em high...

Shogun Assassin was mentioned, that was our first VHS...

Hobo with a Shotgun deserves mention.

Night of the Lepus.

If you want to go worst ever: Manos - the hands of fate.

I think Ectopilot mentioned They live. Rowdy Roddy piper is awesome.

If you can find it you should check out Equinox. It's what Evil Dead would be if Sam Raimi had made it in his spare time, like shot a scene every other weekend or so over a few years.

How about Zardoz?

zardoz_2421582b.jpg

Yeah Sean Connery has worn more dignified outfits...

Also +1 to Life force I seem to recall two excellent reasons to watch that movie...

I have Dark star but find it hard to watch HOWEVER: Star One - spaced out.

The entire space metal album is amazing but spaced out is perhaps my third favourite on that album. (Sorry, but Star child (2001 a space oddysey) and Intergalactic space crusaders (Blakes 7) are better.

Basically project star one is a concept group who do songs based on different sci fi series. The first album has references to ESB, Dune, Star trek IV, Stargate, enemy mine etc...

Second i've not heard as much of, but i know it references the Matrix on one track.

Just about anything by Dr. Steel is like 50s scifi on steroids!

The Ultramarines movie was sorely disappointing, but that's just bad - not so bad it's good. Same goes for Season of the Witch.

What you want are Cannon films action movies. Like the Exterminator. Also this random horror movie i saw once where two kids played a record backwards and summoned demons, and it was terrible.

Man I wish i still had that VHS.

Man. I REALLY want to go watch shogun assassin now. Used to watch that at least once a year as a kid.

Yellow Beard - Monty Python with Cheech and Chong

Giant killer tomatoes ................yup

Dogs in Space, if you can find it.

Fletch, Chevy Chase, funny as hell but annoying and slow.

They call me Trinity

They still call me Trinity

Enjoy these if you can find them.

Lucio Fulci's The beyond. A horor movie that stops making sense shortly after the opening and devolves into random horrorific events. It's stil entertaining to watch.

Zombi 2, Zombie movie from the same director. Romero zombies on a voodoo Island. Worth watching fo the zombie vs shark scene alone!

In case they haven't been mentioned yet: The Reanimator movies.

Hollywood still has to make a good H.P. Lovecraft movie. (In the mouth of Madness doesn't count! that's more of a tribute* )

Altough the HPLHS made two pretty good ones, for not being profesionals.

Dagon however is a good one. Don't be fooled by the title, it's actually The shadow over Innsmouth (in Spain) and it has the usual anoyances: character named Howard. Miskatonic shirt but those get cleared out right after 5 minutes and then the rest of the movie is a suprisingly chilling adaptation of Lovecrafts story.

* and now I have that Tenacious D song stuck in my head.

Edited by Robin Graves

In case they haven't been mentioned yet: The Reanimator movies.

Reanimator rules.  And you're right, HPLC movies are in short supply, despite Guillermo del Toro's best efforts.

I'm frankly amazed at how many full-length films are available to view on YouTube, to be honest.  My next suggestion, for those of you who enjoy camp, 80's horror:

Vamp.

I am fairly sure i've seen all of the above, and I have to add my pretentious opinion that Celephais is way cooler than all of his cthulu mythos stuff. In fact Lovecrafts dream cycle shorts were easily his best material.

The Cats of Ulthar! (Town full of cats! Squeeeeee! :D)

I also liked Iranons quest. Best downer ending ever.

Edited by Robin Graves