Sign in to follow this  
Dagonet

"Bad" Movie night

I think the next night shift I'm due for some good old fashioned bad movies, so I've got some lined up but I'm willing to take some suggestions along.

I've a craving for early 80's sci-fi and fantasy so I'm making a short list of things to watch in the coming time (titles link to trailers):

Krull

The Dark Crystal

Flash Gordon

Tron

Highlander

Any suggestions?

Labyrinth: Might be a bit to soon if you are a huge David Bowie fan, but one of the best fantasy movies of the 80s.

Legend: Tim Curry as Teh Devil! Tom Cruise with his original teeth! Mia Sara in that black dress... (I'll be in my bunk.)

Willow: Starring Wicket the ewok- err Warwick Davis (the '80s Peter Dinklage) as Wilow. Daikini!

Highlander was kinda ruined for me when in part II they claimed to come from the planet Zeist. A town about ten minutes drive from here.

Another for the list:

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Yeah part 2 was... interesting. Even sir Sean of Connery couldn't save that one.

Oh yeah He-man is... let's justs ay my younger self was dissapoint. Only good thing that came out of that movie was the Saurod action figure.

You have listed 'mediocre' movies.

I collect truly bad film, fllm so bad its good.

Try out:

Bronx Warriors

Ninja Terminator

Hell comes to frog town

Zombie flesh eater (2 or 3)

To name but a few

'the ninja squad' and 'golden ninja warrior' get honourable mentions.

I watched Labyrinth not too long ago, same as Never Ending Story.

Artax. :'(.

For some reason none of the everlasting story movies clicked for me as a kid. (And I blame Falcor for not looking like a proper dragon for this. ;) ) Yeah heresy- I know...

For some reason none of the everlasting story movies clicked for me as a kid. (And I blame Falcor for not looking like a proper dragon for this. ;) ) Yeah heresy- I know...

I know what you mean, I do prefer the book, one of my all time favourites for children.

Can't wait for my nephew to be old enough for it to be read to him. I think six might be a bit too young though.

You have listed 'mediocre' movies.

I collect truly bad film, fllm so bad its good.

Try out:

Bronx Warriors

Ninja Terminator

Hell comes to frog town

Zombie flesh eater (2 or 3)

To name but a few

'the ninja squad' and 'golden ninja warrior' get honourable mentions.

Wow there! No reason to jump imediatly to the Godfrey Ho movies! :D

Start of with some nice Lucio Fulci zombie movies...

I know what you mean, I do prefer the book, one of my all time favourites for children.

Can't wait for my nephew to be old enough for it to be read to him. I think six might be a bit too young though.

There's a book? ;)

Ok ok , but man I'd have to resist the urge to troll the poor cashier who sold it to me.

Me (troll mode) : " Sir I demand a refund for this book. It says "never ending story" and I have finished it. Shamefull false advertising!"

There's a book? ;)

Ok ok , but man I'd have to resist the urge to troll the poor cashier who sold it to me.

Me (troll mode) : " Sir I demand a refund for this book. It says "never ending story" and I have finished it. Shamefull false advertising!"

Like returning a book with an open ending. :D.

Ok more movies:

The Last Unicorn: Nice animated movie about Red Bull. (no not that stuff!)

Conan the Destroyer: (Conan the barbarian is waaay to good for a cheesy 80's movie night)

Hawk the Slayer: And with that one we've exausted pretty much all mainstream 80s fantasy movies...

Unless I'm forgetting some?

Edited by Robin Graves

Ok more movies:

The Last Unicorn: Nice animated movie about Red Bull. (no not that stuff!)

Conan the Destroyer: (Conan the barbarian is waaay to good for a cheesy 80's movie night)

Hawk the Slayer: And with that one we've exausted pretty much all mainstream 80s fantasy movies...

Unless I'm forgetting some?

I second the Conan the Destroyer recommendation. My friends and I had just finished watching Starship Troopers and were channel surfing until we found that movie. Many laughs were had.

If you want something that you can have a good laugh at, but that is also somewhat enjoyable on its own limited merits, you can't go far wrong with the 60s Batman series. Camp as hell, but oh so funny when viewed through the lens of extreme irony! Same goes for the old Thunderbirds and Stingray series (I'd say Captain Scarlet as well, but that was genuinely decent for what it was if I recall). 

Edited by ParadigmPainting

**** you sir! Non of these movies are bad or even quotations marks "bad". Well maybe Krull... a little bit. :)

And Flash gordon is... for every one of us. :D

I was with you... right up to the moment you said Krull... 

None of those movies are "bad"!  And I don't watch them mostly because I don't want to dispel the nostalgia.

To add something...

The Last Starfighter!!!

Enemy Mine

Iron Eagle 

Edited by Grayfax

Hey Dagonet, have you ever seen Jan Verheyen's Film Night Specials on tv or Nacht van de wansmaak?

Oh, quite likely. Not sober though. :D.

Best way to watch those. I actually bought the DVD for the first one. Jan has should bring back film night special: he just has a face and voice to talk about bad movies.