Sign in to follow this  
Felswrath

Whoa that's a useful card!

I had seen in an earlier thread negative reviews of the vibrogenerator card from RTH. So I decided to look into it and it is great! First off giving you the ability to add two damage for - 2 surges is really good on most melee weapons (stun baton is the only modifiable one with ~2 and force pike has 2 ~1's). Secondly, because it is used when declaring an attack, you do not need two surges to get the two damage. Therefore you could have a gaffi stick with this thing and could hypothetically roll 3 damage red, 2 damage yellow, 2 damage v.generator, and pierce 1 from the gaffi stick. That's a total of 7 damage with pierce 1! So if you're willing to hold onto some of your tier 1 cards for awhile, you won't regret it.

If I am equipping a weapon (that currently exists in the game) and choosing from the vibrogenerator, the high impact guard and the balanced hilt I will never choose the vibrogenerator (I'm not sure I'd even choose it over the shock emitter).

It's most obvious to use it on a weapon that rolls only red and blue die but for both of these the balanced hilt is better (lightsaber needs it to ensure you can cleave when you want; stun baton gets the same damage on a no surge roll but can get stun and damage rather than just damage on any other roll).

If you're rolling surges regularly then the high impact guard offers the same damage boost most of the time (and more most of the rest of the time), more versatility most of the time and the extra block (which is a very good thing).

It's not that it's bad; it's that the alternatives are better.