Sign in to follow this  
odium1

New blood-bond I made

this is just a blood-bond I thought, looking for feedback and opinions. Idea is your'e closer to the first generation of your race, like for humans you would be at most 15 generations from Adam and Eve. Anyways here it is.

Primordial Bloodline:
You were born in a more powerful state than normal for your race, either one of your parents is a primordial or it was just chance, either way you are a more original version of your race, closer to what the gods intended upon creating the species, you are more powerful than normal, but as a downside to your primordial nature you have a terrible weakness, fortunately this weakness is the only way to truly kill you, anything else will just reduce your power for a time.

Primordial Perfection: When generating stats you may raise 2 of them to 9 and one to 10.
Primordial Resistance: +20 to all resistances.
Ageless: You do not suffer aging penalties or accrue aging bonuses, you stop aging upon reaching adulthood for your race.
Primordial Immune System: You are immune to natural diseases and toxins.
Primordial Life: If you are killed at any time you are not affected by your Primordial Weakness, you don't truly die, 1 month plus 1 month per level past first, you will return to life somewhere in the world. However you will have lost all levels and have very little of your memory remaining.
Primordial Spark: Any children you have will also be Primordial s. You may give up the ability to procreate for enhanced health, if you do, gain +10 life points per level
Primordial Power: You may spend dp on essential abilities as if you had a gnosis of 10, you also start off with 40 dp to do just this, any unspent dp is lost. If you spend additional creation point's you will have 60 / 80 dp for this ability.
Primordial Weakness: You are required to take Extreme Vulnerability, the PhR check for this is automatically 200, and the result is that you are completely unable to take actions for 1 turn by degree of failure, you may choose any material or specific object (if you choose specific object it is not a unique item, it is merely an item that is exceptionally rare and usually created for the sole purpose of destroying you).
Cost 2-4

I wont lie in my admittance of not being totally system savvy yet, but I personally would make this a flat three with +1 level mod. But overall a cool idea and awesome way to give your players a hard time if this were added to a villian and then they found him later.

thanks, I didn't add the level mod because personally I don't like using them, but if anyone want's to use it that way, go ahead and modifiy it to your heart's content (with gm's permission of course).

Well, let's see what we've got here.

I like the concept, being one of the original members of your race, which is cool for a lot of reasons. It gives a real sense of story, especially as you realize that you've been born into a world where you're an original, and everyone else is almost another species with how different you are. Reminds me of a certain series I'm reading right now, which is pretty fun.

The mechanics, however, are not my cup of tea.

Primordial Perfection: When generating stats you may raise 2 of them to 9 and one to 10.
Primordial Resistance: +20 to all resistances.
Ageless: You do not suffer aging penalties or accrue aging bonuses, you stop aging upon reaching adulthood for your race.
Primordial Life: If you are killed at any time you are not affected by your Primordial Weakness, you don't truly die, 1 month plus 1 month per level past first, you will return to life somewhere in the world. However you will have lost all levels and have very little of your memory remaining.
Primordial Spark: Any children you have will also be Primordial s. You may give up the ability to procreate for enhanced health, if you do, gain +10 life points per level
Primordial Power: You may spend dp on essential abilities as if you had a gnosis of 10, you also start off with 40 dp to do just this, any unspent dp is lost. If you spend additional creation point's you will have 60 / 80 dp for this ability.
Primordial Weakness: You are required to take Extreme Vulnerability, the PhR check for this is automatically 200, and the result is that you are completely unable to take actions for 1 turn by degree of failure, you may choose any material or specific object (if you choose specific object it is not a unique item, it is merely an item that is exceptionally rare and usually created for the sole purpose of destroying you).
Cost 2-4

First off, as Firelightx has said, the idea of getting this for 2 CP (even with the +1 LA all Legacies have) is a bit low.

You've got a stronger version of Blood of the Great Beasts, combined with immortality, a stronger version of the Duk'Zarist resistance bonus, and the potential to gain a 1 CP advantage by trading out the ability to reproduce, which most games never get into anyways. You do put in an enhanced version of the Duk'Zarist weakness (although it doesn't kill, the PhR being 200 is good), but considering the Immunity to natural toxins, and the stat bonuses, you've got A LOT put into this one Legacy. The one thing I do like, and I'll admit it, is that being killed removes all levels and most of a person's memories. It's really the only feature that makes the Legacy feel like it's worth saving (besides the flavor text, as I said), which is harsh, but I'm just giving my honest opinion.

As a particular note, the stat bonus is either really amazing, or incredibly broken depending on stat generation method. If you roll your stats, you can easily take your lowest three and BAM, they're in your top 5, but how much of a bonus is up to chance. However, considering they could be all 1s (using method 3), that's a possible 7 CP of advantages, or, using Monster rules, 500 DP, which is a Level mod of +5 by itself, you could have also rolled all 9s and 10s, however, which would make it useless, but it would also mean you were a god among men anyways. So, it falls somewhere between 0 and 500 DP of advantages using random results...

Of particular note though is when it's used with either of the point buy methods, since this would allow you to dump three stats entirely in the stat distribution process because you'd know that you could just boost them up to 9 or 10 anyways. So using method 4, you could just put 1s in each of these stats, meaning you'd have whatever point total to distribute between 5 stats instead of 8, and that means that with even halfway decent rolls, you'll have all 10s and 2 9s when you're done. With Method 5, it's only slightly less broken, because you'll need to spend 6 points to get your three dumps up to par, but even then with 55 to distribute that's only three stats below 10, and all of them are 9s.

This alone, this one thing, makes this Legacy a real 'screw you' to almost anyone in the party not taking it, because even a Level Mod and 4 CP isn't a big price to pay for the insane amount of bonuses you get.

Frankly, and I don't mean to sound rude but it will probably come off that way, I'd scrap the whole thing and start again. What you've got here is a ton of power at a very low cost for what it gives. It's like you're trying to build Superman, who is (let's face it), pretty boring. Don't get me wrong, he can be really amazing if written correctly, and there are some amazing examples of him not using his all-mighty powers to save people, but he's the Maryest of Sues when it comes to his actual powers.

Were I working this myself, I'd probably tone it down to something more like this...

Primordial Perfection: When generating stats, if they are rolled randomly (Using Methods 1, 2, or 3), then you may raise one of them to 10, provided it was already at 6 or above, or you can add a +1 to three of them (maximum value of 10). If using a pre-determined pool, you are considered to have 5 bonus points in that pool to spend, normal spending limits still apply. Even if you are not a Duk'Zarist, you are not allowed to choose the following disadvantages: Atrophied Limb, Sickly, Susceptible to Poisons, Nearsighted, Serious Illness, Mute, Blind, or Deafness.
Primordial Spark: If you have children with another Primordial, roll a d10. On a 3 or below, your child is born without your exceptional gifts (as if they were a normal member of your race). If you have children with someone who is not a primordial, roll a d10. On a 7 or below, your child is not a Primordial.

Primordial Weakness: You are required to take Extreme Vulnerability, the PhR check for this is automatically 200, and you may not benefit from any effects which boost your resistances when making the check (including spells, psychic powers, ki abilities, artifacts, etc.). The result is that you are completely unable to take actions for 1 turn by degree of failure, you may choose any material for this vulnerability. However, if the material is uncommon, the PhR check becomes 250, and if it is rare then the check becomes 300.

Cost: 2

Though this is just me shooting ideas at the wall, so I may rework it even from this.

Thank you for the feedback, I was just trying something out here, still don't really understand how to determine the costs of things when making anything homebrew. but I like your version better, more balanced than what I had. And don't feel bad for stating your opinion, I'm fairly new to Anima and am honestly looking for feedback thank you.

Glad I could help. ^-^ I've been doing this Anima thing for a while now, and I've been sifting through houserules for months, so I'm developing an eye for balance. I'll keep providing feedback so long as it's welcome. ;)