Sign in to follow this  
CruzinToVictory

Make it Work - Lightning Reflexes

I love this EPT. I've only used it once, but it gives you SO much flexibility (you can decide to use it after you move).

The problem is it's a one time use that competes with a lot of good EPTs.

So my question to you is this: What ship do you think makes the best use of Lightning Reflexes?

2 words. Tomax Bren

I think I prefer adrenaline rush on him

Same.  I don't think people understand how powerful it is to give him white K-Turns and hard twos.

Crack Shot is definitely going to be his go to, but I can see Adrenaline Rush and even Cool Hand seeing plenty of love from him.  Cool Hand + Fleet Officer makes him a terrifying support ship.

I think it fixes a fairly large issue with the Khiraxz in that you can't go slow when you get in close meaning you either bump or lose shots. It also adds a lot of unpredictability to them and sets up range one shots quite well (best paired with Glitterstim even though you would be double stressed).

The G1-A may well get a similar benefit from it.

If I was Tomax Bren I think I would prefer Adrenaline Rush to get the actions, I.e white 5k and white 2 turns. LR reflexes would force/encourage him to take greens after using it (I.e clear the stress get a stress), though with the MKII mod that is probably not too bad, but it also leaves him action less every time he does it. Plus you would have to pry Crackshot off him first :)

2 words. Tomax Bren

Same.  I don't think people understand how powerful it is to give him white K-Turns and hard twos.

Crack Shot is definitely going to be his go to, but I can see Adrenaline Rush and even Cool Hand seeing plenty of love from him.  Cool Hand + Fleet Officer makes him a terrifying support ship.

The Fleet Officer/Cool Hand combo will definitely be une first I test, likely alongside a pair of TIE/D's.

I've wanted to use it on a cheap-ish ace or EPT generic, but Crack Shot really is hard to ignore for the same cost. 

It could be fun on Tetran Cowall -- you'd never have any idea of what direction he'll end up facing. 

I've used it on Red Squadron Veterans with R2 Astromechs (helps clean off the stress afterwards), and I agree it's **** nasty.

It's good for EPT generics on medium-weight fighters - the T-70 and Khiraxz are good examples - because they don't really need their talent with 3 attack dice, and getting their nose around can take forever.

The fact you can pull it when stressed, or after colliding, makes it amazing. It does pair well with glitterstim, although you'd better do something that turn as you'll do naff all for the rest of the game!

I bet it could be good on Tie Defenders, as well.  Sure, most people will take Crack Shot, but people do say that the Defender can be predictable.  What if you had that one to throw out there one time?  Crack Shot is good, but you need to be able to hit.  What if you used it unexpectedly and were able to get a good shot in?

I've used it on Red Squadron Veterans with R2 Astromechs (helps clean off the stress afterwards), and I agree it's **** nasty.

It's good for EPT generics on medium-weight fighters - the T-70 and Khiraxz are good examples - because they don't really need their talent with 3 attack dice, and getting their nose around can take forever.

The fact you can pull it when stressed, or after colliding, makes it amazing. It does pair well with glitterstim, although you'd better do something that turn as you'll do naff all for the rest of the game!

I like the Red Squadron idea quite a bit. Goes a long way toward making an otherwise "basic" ship rather unpredictable and dangerous. I bet that if someone practiced with this card a lot they could use it to extremely powerful effect.

I also really like the Khiraxz/Glitterstim combo. Sure you'll be stressed for a while, but MAN that turn will be epic. Not to mention that it's helpful against the tons of stress hogs that seem to be everywhere these days.

2 words. Tomax Bren

The Fleet Officer/Cool Hand combo will definitely be une first I test, likely alongside a pair of TIE/D's.

Yeah, Tomax will be a fun guy to work with, and I personally do think adrenaline rush is probably a better thing to equip (white k-turns! And not on a defender!). It all depends on how you want to run: support, bomber, ordnance, etc.

2 words. Tomax Bren

Yeah, Tomax will be a fun guy to work with, and I personally do think adrenaline rush is probably a better thing to equip (white k-turns! And not on a defender!). It all depends on how you want to run: support, bomber, ordnance, etc.

White 5K and launch mines at your opponent. That's just gonna be fun.

Tomax is going to be fun: incredibly versatile pilot.

Really works great on Guri: 

do a segnor: changes angle by 45.  

Do a green 1 slight out, removes stress, pop Lightning reflexes, turn around 180.  -> creating a 270 turn at about the 2straight position from your original position.  

... gain a focus if someone is in R1 each time.... Modified dice rolls.  HELL YEAH.