Sign in to follow this  
stmack

2016 Store Championship Results

Hi all, the store championship season has started and thought it'd be useful to start a thread where we can discuss results. There's been a lot of changes, both in terms of new releases and errata to existing units that should shake up the metas quite a bit.

So I encourage you to share results from your local tournaments and game nights, I'm sure everyone would appreciate the information to be able to add to their own experiences.

Also, I know I'd neglected the Imperial Assault side of my site (http://ia.miniranker.com) a bit, there's still a lot of features I'd like to add and things in there that need fixing but I do have all the currently released units now up to date so you should be able to enter your own results no problem. Let me know if you have any issues and I'll try and resolve them as quickly as possible.

Cheers and good luck in your games,

stmack

Edited by stmack

First Store Championship in Poland was a total of eight players.

Winning list:

eStormtroopers

eStormtroopers

eSnowtroopers

rOfficer

rOfficer

rOfficer

eProbe Droid

Rule by Fear

Other Top 4 lists were two varieties of the above (mine with Royal Guards subbing for 1 Officer, Droid and RbF, the other with computerised Heavy Stormtroopers subbed in for two Officers and the droid) and a Wookie Spam list with one eSab squad in support.

Bottom 4 lists were all Rebs, one with Chewie and Leia, one Luke+Leia with eSabs, one with eSabs and Leia but no Luke, and one Rebel Trooper list. No Mercs in sight.

Edited by Don_Silvarro

If the items aren't available for sale yet in that area of the world, then it makes complete sense.  People should not be expected to pay hundreds of dollars just to get stuff shipped all the way to Germany from the USA...because if even one person does that, then he has a HUGE advantage over other players who maybe can't (or won't) spend that much money on shipping/imports.

If the items aren't available for sale yet in that area of the world, then it makes complete sense.  People should not be expected to pay hundreds of dollars just to get stuff shipped all the way to Germany from the USA...because if even one person does that, then he has a HUGE advantage over other players who maybe can't (or won't) spend that much money on shipping/imports.

English stuff is available in stores in Germany for fair prices. It's not done for money issues, but because of language barriers. It just takes some time to have the stuff translated ...

English stuff is available in stores in Germany for fair prices. It's not done for money issues, but because of language barriers. It just takes some time to have the stuff translated ...

Oh, ok, that makes sense.

Its actually not the translation that takes time but the fact that ffg will only start printing non english products with the first reprint of the original product.

I won an 8 person store championship a couple of weeks ago with a list of Elite Nexu, Trandoshan Hunter, Temp Aliance, Chewbacca and Elite Wookiee Warrior. Faced a Probe droid/HK/RGC build the first game, a Weiss/IO/Sorin/Storm squad the second, and a Gideon/3p0/Chewie/Loku/MHD19+extras squad the last game. I got extremely lucky on dice rolls. My Nexu was the star of the show, using Survival Instincts and multiple (really an ungodly amount of) Dodge rolls to survive and wreck face a lot longer than he should have. Add the tanky Wookiees and the Trandos that run in and blast at close range, and it was a good day for me.

Edited by Reikkoil

See question above post. When anyone posts a list on this thread, unless you are being secretive, please post your command deck. That's what I'm interested in seeing the most. Thank you!

Edited by galonso

I ran into a lot of Troopers at my first Store Championship.

1st place had - Elite Stormtroopers X2, Elite Heavy Troopers, Snowtroopers, Officer X3, + Rule by Fear.

I came in 2nd with - Luke, Leia, C-3P0, Elite Sabs + Targeting Computer, Gideon, Mak, MHD-19, + Balance of the Force

I couldn't win the last match against 1st place in part due to the mission being Data Heist, and he kept healing his wounded troopers and moved them back in his deployment zone. I liked my list, but now see that Balance of the Force allows me to add the 3 cost double special action attack with +4 DMG for a Heavy Weapon user. So I've ditched that. I think Mak doesn't get much damage out so he might go, too.

1st place had - Elite Stormtroopers X2, Elite Heavy Troopers, Snowtroopers, Officer X3, + Rule by Fear.

I came in 2nd with - Luke, Leia, C-3P0, Elite Sabs + Targeting Computer, Gideon, Mak, MHD-19, + Balance of the Force

I couldn't win the last match against 1st place in part due to the mission being Data Heist, and he kept healing his wounded troopers and moved them back in his deployment zone. I liked my list, but now see that Balance of the Force allows me to add the 3 cost double special action attack with +4 DMG for a Heavy Weapon user. So I've ditched that. I think Mak doesn't get much damage out so he might go, too.

I got third in a tournament last week with almost exactly your list. Instead of Sabs and targeting computer I had elite echo base troopers. And instead of mak I had r2-d2. And I put Gideon on a mission instead of balance of the force. I really like the list. Heals for days! Leia makes like attack on her turn and getting a second son of sky walker is gravy - don't count on it but it does happen in the tourney time limits. I drew through my command deck almost every game. Made some logistical mistakes in my second game to lose against the winner of the tournament who ran a royal guard champion/Stormy/stormy/royal guard/2 officer/rule by fear list.

What did you run in your command deck?

From what I remembered(I've torn apart the command deck and experimented with other lists), I love Take Initiative and Negate. +2 Accuracy and Fleet Footed are in. Luke's, Gideon's, and MHD-19's special cards are in. Element of surprise and Lock On are the only other ones I can think of. I know I didn't have any other healing cards. Oh, Planning and Inspirational Speech were also in there.

In response to the other who used the similar list, I've been looking at throwing in R2 in hopes of getting Son of Skywalker twice, because it is possible as you said. Oh, and I also had Devotion, with 3 droids running around for moral support, it's kind of like a 2nd Son of Skywalker.

It's not done for money issues, but because of language barriers. It just takes some time to have the stuff translated ...

I actually heard a different story. Stuff is already translated for quite a while in German.

Translations into another language were lagging and since all translated versions have to launch at the same date, this caused the German (and maybe French) version to miss print runs.

any particular reason why you would run mak instead of dropping him and targeting computer or balance of the force in favor of Loku?

No reason. Although Mak sometimes gets little to no damage out, I love him for cheapshotting the officers hiding behind troops from across the map. Loku's red die will take care of the damage problem Mak has. I did get to play with Loku in the campaign who was a blast, but these are very different versions. I'll definitely consider him if I use this list again.

Here you can find all german SC Results (Core+Wave 1): http://www.moseisleyraumhafen.com/t9575-ia-lobby-of-fame-der-weg-in-die-ehrengarde#172190

Average of 6,4 Players, all SCs won by Imperial Lists, 80% won by the same List.

"Imperial Search Bloc"

Deployment Cards:

2x Elite Stormtrooper

2x Elite Probe Droid

1x Reg. Royal Guard

2x Reg. Imperial Officer

Command Cards:

Deadeye

Element of Surprise

Fleet Footed

Focus

Grenadier

Hunter Protocol

Inspiring Speech

Marksman

New Orders

Planning

Rally

Reinforcements

Reinforcements

Take Initiative

Urgency

Here you can find all german SC Results (Core+Wave 1): http://www.moseisleyraumhafen.com/t9575-ia-lobby-of-fame-der-weg-in-die-ehrengarde#172190

Average of 6,4 Players, all SCs won by Imperial Lists, 80% won by the same List.

"Imperial Search Bloc"

Deployment Cards:

2x Elite Stormtrooper

2x Elite Probe Droid

1x Reg. Royal Guard

2x Reg. Imperial Officer

Command Cards:

Deadeye

Element of Surprise

Fleet Footed

Focus

Grenadier

Hunter Protocol

Inspiring Speech

Marksman

New Orders

Planning

Rally

Reinforcements

Reinforcements

Take Initiative

Urgency

Gotta love that diverse German meta...

Any thoughts on how that list would do in a wave 5 meta? Any space for Snowtroopers?

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

I think this would still be very good with a different command deck of course. Maybe you can exchange the RG for a reg snow and RBF or the 2 probes for eSnow but I would have to test this. But I think somewhere here in the forum are variants of this in a wave 5 Meta.

Store Championship - Armada Games - Tampa, FL

7 players - 3 Rounds - No cut

Winning Squad - Imperials

Royal Guard Champion

Elite Stormtroopers

Elite Stormtroopers with Vader's Finest

Imperial Officer x2

Rule By Fear

2nd Place - Rebels with Alliance Smugglers

3rd Place - Two Bantha Riders with Tuskens and Wookie Warriors

4th Place - Rebels with Luke and Leia