Sign in to follow this  
Vogons

Let's get Fantasy Flight to start selling card packs.

"This is not X-Wing where you HAVE to have TLT's to be competitive"

used you big boy words not abbreviations...

I'm not going to look up what they mean I don't have time for that  

if you have a point type it out.

just because you got 3rd place mean nothing who did you play? was there list competitive to yours? did you not take upgrades? are they new, greens?

all these and more mean something.

Really? I don't know what TLTs are, but that doesn't matter. It's an upgrade in X Wing that are considered necessary to be competitive.

There is no one upgrade in Armada that is required to be competitive. My last tournament I used 2 cards that only came in Rebel expansions, ECM (if that also comes in the core set, I split that with my cousin, so he would've gotten it) and APTs (if you don't know what those upgrades are, that's OK.) I almost came in top 8 (of almost 30) and I could've done it without either upgrade.

The point Lyraeus is making, and he is making a point, I'm not sure why you can't see that, is that no upgrades are required to be competitive, so you don't need to buy cross faction if you don't want to.

I understand why they wouldn't do this, especially from their experience with X-Wing.  The price difference between the two games makes this "buy models to get cards" strategy less viable, however. 

In X-Wing, you might have to spend $15 to get a card you want.  Maybe ~$25 to get one of the larger expansion packs which comes with 2 copies of a card (Most Wanted for BTL-A4).  In contrast, if you want Flight Controllers in Armada, you're paying ~$35-40 for 1 card.  Yes, you get more cards than just Flight Controllers, but most of those cards you already have from other kits and you only really care about 1 or 2 of them.

I'm curious to see how FFG gets around this limitation.

I can see your point it is a lot more money for armada, and you are forced to buy a ship for a fraction you don't play and need multiple copies of the same upgrade that can really get expensive.

this is my opinion.

I'm sorry, but your opinion isn't very good. Moreover, screaming that something is your opinion is not protection against people disagreeing with you. Moreover, people disagreeing with you is not necessarily an attack.

just because you got 3rd place mean nothing who did you play? was there list competitive to yours? did you not take upgrades? are they new, greens?

Really? I don't know what TLTs are, but that doesn't matter. It's an upgrade in X Wing that are considered necessary to be competitive.

There is no one upgrade in Armada that is required to be competitive. My last tournament I used 2 cards that only came in Rebel expansions, ECM (if that also comes in the core set, I split that with my cousin, so he would've gotten it) and APTs (if you don't know what those upgrades are, that's OK.) I almost came in top 8 (of almost 30) and I could've done it without either upgrade.

The point Lyraeus is making, and he is making a point, I'm not sure why you can't see that, is that no upgrades are required to be competitive, so you don't need to buy cross faction if you don't want to.

I mean look at the winner of Worlds. No upgrades. Won the entire thing.

You're right about the fact that, if you want to equip multiple ships with that same upgrade, you'll have to buy extra expansions... saying that these rules are "unfair", or accusing FFG of using villainous tactics to trick us all into spending hundreds of [local currency units] on toys we don't need - that's just faintly ridiculous.

Kid, the only one using the word 'villainous' is you. 

It's unfriendly to the consumer, and I won't support it. Because you know, that's what informed consumers do. They refuse to support business practices they don't approve of.

If you've got a problem with that, feel free to not read my posts.

Villainous for them to make such a great product that is increases your want factor? Dang, guess every miniature company, CCG, LCG, etc are villainous. . . Or it could just be smart business

I mean look at the winner of Worlds. No upgrades. Won the entire thing.

Yeah, just ships. SHIPS THAT HE WAS FORCED TO BUY!!!1!!

Proof that FFG is unethical, and probably waterboards kittens.

(Now I get why people do that, it was at least kind of fun.)

"First off as my signature states, I run Armada Tactics News. A youtube channel that has battle reports so you can go check out those and see if I am a bad player or not"

I change my mind you are bad..

read your upgrade cards know how they work and who they work on......

running a youtube Channel didn't make you an expert.  

but its fun watching you make mistake. LOL

unethical no expensive yes..

Dereirkoenig do you have a youtube Channel too?

so I can LOL at it too.

"First off as my signature states, I run Armada Tactics News. A youtube channel that has battle reports so you can go check out those and see if I am a bad player or not"

I change my mind you are bad..

read your upgrade cards know how they work and who they work on......

running a youtube Channel didn't make you an expert.  

but its fun watching you make mistake. LOL

Seems like you watched my Vader Duet list in which it was pointed out that Vader does not work on squadrons. Honest mistake that has not happened again.

Nice to know ow I am a bad player. Must say something that I have played and beaten Shmitty in a game (only because I took the points and ran. . . Hopefully Saturday I can get a real Victory!). It's not like Mikael Hasselstein is a good player right everyone, he has only 9 Armada medals, won 2 Sullust events, and is a pain in the button when he is in competitive mode! Guess that means everyone he has beaten was bad as well.

*rolls eyes*

badgerclaw171, go check yourself at the door. We really don't need or want your type of attitude here.

Right, that's it, I'm done. I am done. I am done with this thread. With this thread, done am I. Jesus, it's like Frankenstein's laboratory, except instead of making a monster out of human body parts, he's making stupid arguments out of morons. And the morons are multiplying. I'm going home before the angry mobs arrive. If anyone wants me, you know what to do: activate the big spotlight that shines a silhouette of a man vomiting with frustration.

Lol....CD sales went by by because of digital music and the iPod ....dah! Nice try....keep me comin.

Could you take me through your logic there, scout?

I mean seems fair no?

He was asking about why it's a poor business practice (when in fact, it's a very profitable practice) not why it's fair or not.

You know why CD sales went into a large decline right? because people were sick of paying a premium for a load of filler to get the few tracks they actually wanted.

I dislike being forced to buy something I do not need, dunno if that makes me weird or something, and how can it be very profitable for them, you don't need one of each card when playing friends/strangers, you do not even need them when playing in casual tournaments, by FFGs own say so. So surely the financial impact must be fairly minimal, because most people will not in fact spend £30 on a box with 1 single card they need for a single tournament, they will in fact change their fleet or borrow it from a friend, like you just said, so again, how is this making them money? 

It is a simple fact people do not like spending money over the odds, and that making them, is a bad business practice, common sense states sooner or later the shine will fade, and that bad feeling you had, will be a major contributing factor for why you go else where, that is how it works in the real world.

unethical no expensive yes..

Dereirkoenig do you have a youtube Channel too?

so I can LOL at it too.

You know, I do, but I think I've only uploaded one video of Pizpor the Magician performing a trick. I'll look for it.

Edit: I was right, my YouTube channel only has the one video, it's quite unrelated to Armada, but if you are looking for your laughs, it's a great video.

https://youtu.be/bcjXOIoanAo

Edit Jr: sorry for the video lighting, Witchwood Stage at the MN Renaissance Festival is, as you can see, not perfect, especially for amateur phone videography.

Edited by DerErlkoenig

Eh, I guess I'll just have to suffer with my "crappy" XX9 turbolasers. Don't want any Nebulon B's, ain't paying $10-15 per card. Everybody says the X17 is thebest card in the game, but if my bombers get to your ship first, it's a moot point. If you want/need the cards, because your competitive ego won't allow you to play without them, buy the expansions. Play with the cards you have, and figure out how to make them work in your list, or buy the "must haves". Bottom line, if we all want to continue to have this game to play, we need to pay, to keep it around.