Sign in to follow this  
Space Cadet

Wave 8 - were are they

I placed an order at Cool Stuff for about $135 in X-wing ships and added the Ghost and Inquisitor's TIE to that order. The result is the entire order being held for the Wave 8 stuff. Ugh. Poor choice on my part.

I placed an order at Cool Stuff for about $135 in X-wing ships and added the Ghost and Inquisitor's TIE to that order. The result is the entire order being held for the Wave 8 stuff. Ugh. Poor choice on my part.

I almost did the same thing with the Ghost, thankfully I dropped it and preordered it separately

y7x3r.jpg

Actually, nowadays there is!  The shipments usually come on Monday or Tuesday, and previously, stores could sell them as soon as they're received.  However, under the new Asmodee shipping models, they are only allowed to sell them when FFG clears it.  The official FFG release day is now Thursday.  So, stores will receive product early in the week and can be penalized if they sell it to us before Thursday.  We'll have to just look at it. And cry.

I did the same thing. I also have a tfa core set on that order too. I've bought 2 more since then. I just want my other wave 8 ships.

y7x3r.jpg

Actually, nowadays there is!  The shipments usually come on Monday or Tuesday, and previously, stores could sell them as soon as they're received.  However, under the new Asmodee shipping models, they are only allowed to sell them when FFG clears it.  The official FFG release day is now Thursday.  So, stores will receive product early in the week and can be penalized if they sell it to us before Thursday.  We'll have to just look at it. And cry.

release day != release date.

While it may be an ultimate goal and I would hope by now they have enough strategic partners (Asmodee, Disney, etc..) to smooth out container shipments, FFG will still not (likely) be announcing specific thursdays that product will be available.

Which is a good thing really, otherwise a distributor in Germany might be a little slow in getting it to the stores while next door in the Netherlands stuff might be available, disrupting sales and tournament scenes.

They've been 'on the boat' for 2 months now...

So, on the boat is a lie.

It's like Columbus' trip across the Atlantic in terms of time. Or maybe it's a rowboat?

Well with the amount people waiting for this "they're gonna need a bigger boat"!

This is all off of memory which certainly isn't perfect but it seems like they almost always did previews on Mondays but I'm thinking the last few were on a Friday. That could mean a preview today and a release next Thursday or the following Thursdsay. Most of that is wishful thinking of course.

This is all off of memory which certainly isn't perfect but it seems like they almost always did previews on Mondays but I'm thinking the last few were on a Friday. That could mean a preview today and a release next Thursday or the following Thursdsay. Most of that is wishful thinking of course.

One of the recent previews was on a Tuesday. It's not consistent anymore. 

It's not consistent anymore.

It's honestly never been consistant. I remember a few months ago someone said they always post news on some day, and I went back and looked and there was never a time where X-Wing news was posted on the same day of the week for more than 2 or 3 articles in a row.