Sign in to follow this  
SgtSmackface

Combat music Help +++ASAP+++

Essentially I need some combat music. We're all into heavy metal so the obligatory Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, Bolt Thrower, and (my personal favorite) Trivium have been gone through. Any new music you wonderful people can suggest for us please?

I also prefer cinematic scores (Klendahu Drop and the rest of the Starship Troopers score for the win), but when I absolutely have to cater to the metalheads in the group (i.e. every single player), I generally opt for Battlebeast. Also, define ASAP - if I revisit my metal collection tomorrow, are we still in time?

I also prefer cinematic scores (Klendahu Drop and the rest of the Starship Troopers score for the win), but when I absolutely have to cater to the metalheads in the group (i.e. every single player), I generally opt for Battlebeast. Also, define ASAP - if I revisit my metal collection tomorrow, are we still in time?

I needed it within the hour, hadn't remembered to make a thread for a while. Tanks for all the suggestions guys!

Problem was that metal music is just too fast. You can't really keep up to it while playing encounters. And if you don't, you feel slow.

Fortunately my group was trained with a timer until they could make snap decisions, haven't had that problem in months.

Movies OST well picked are the best but as mentioned upper, try some video games OST too like Dawn of War I and II (including extension like Chaos Rising) but also Space Marine, Eternal Crusade and even Vermintide. Depending on what kind of atmosphere you're looking for.

How have I not seen that before? Thank you :P . . . Now I want to play some oblivion or morrowind. Not sure which.

"I used to have 2 legs like you, but then I took a bolt to the knee"

Oh, music, well I listen to a bit of metal. I'm sure you can find the stuff like Iron Maiden or Judas Priest yourself. This here's a couple heavier albums I've been listening to (been on a power metal kick for a while now)

Edit: hum. If I'm violating any forum policy here please let me know.

Not sure the other stuff I could link to would fit thematically with 40K? This last one is an instrumental album, but really cool

Edited by Servant of Dante

Ride of the Valkyries is always nice (was excellent in Apocalypse Now), 1814 overture- explosions and such in music form

In a similar vein, Dies Irae is fantastic.

Bonus points for it also being the name of chaos emperor class titan...