Sign in to follow this  
VaynMaanen

Fat Han: Is He Poised For a Return?

With the advent of the tractor beam in combination with Imperial Veterans, I think the Decimator is probably even in a better spot.

Perhaps Deci/Defender lists? To the squad builder!

I came up with

RAC

VI

Rebel Captive

Isard

EU

Brath

VI

Flechette

/D

Mk2 (or none for 2 point init over 1 point)

or tractor and hull upgrade if you want 0 init.

Oooo, if you run RAC with Pred, and Vessery with VI Tie/D and Tractor Beam, you can take a TL action with RAC that you'll never use, shoot first with Vessery and get his follow shot with RAC with -1 agi.

Now to round out the rest of the list.

Enough Defender talk! This was supposed to be about Fat Han!

With the advent of the tractor beam in combination with Imperial Veterans, I think the Decimator is probably even in a better spot.

Perhaps Deci/Defender lists? To the squad builder!

I came up with

RAC

VI

Rebel Captive

Isard

EU

Brath

VI

Flechette

/D

Mk2 (or none for 2 point init over 1 point)

or tractor and hull upgrade if you want 0 init.

Oooo, if you run RAC with Pred, and Vessery with VI Tie/D and Tractor Beam, you can take a TL action with RAC that you'll never use, shoot first with Vessery and get his follow shot with RAC with -1 agi.

Now to round out the rest of the list.

Enough Defender talk! This was supposed to be about Fat Han!

this IS about fat han...and his diet plan of tractor beams and death!

Viable and still good enough to win a few games here and there?  Sure.  Turrets make anything possible.  Arc dodging high PS turrets doubly so.  Is he going to win a major tournament this year?  Maybe.  How does he deal with bobots?

Its tough, but not impossible. You have to point your arc at them or you just won't hit. But it'll be hard for them to arc dodge you if you move later, so you have a good chance of doing so. You'll have to be aggressive.

Nah, ffg did a good job finally putting that garbage away. TLTs, brobots, crackshot and juke all go through his defenses with surprising ease, and ships like Poe (regeneration station) just plain don't give a ****

R3-a2 shuts down his easy, minimal effort arcdodging

And you could probably joust him to death with a minimum ghost

(Chopper, Ezra, Hera; FCS)

Anyway, why would you want to bring that boring crap back?

Edited by ficklegreendice

I still like Han and Jake (it's done really well for me in the past):

Unnamed Squadron (97)
Han Solo — YT-1300 46
Predator 3
Luke Skywalker 7
C-3PO 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Millennium Falcon 1
Ship Total: 64

Jake Farrell — A-Wing 24
Push the Limit 3
Proton Rockets 3
Veteran Instincts 1
Autothrusters 2
A-Wing Test Pilot 0
Ship Total: 33

This list can deal with TLTs, Palp Aces, Stress etc.  It's not an easy win but it can be done.  I haven't taken it to a timed tournament since the half MOV rule though.  I can see it struggling due to the fact that it's damage output is not the highest with games going to time.  It doesn't have trouble winning untimed games though.

When the Ghost comes out I wouldn't mind trying out Han with Gunner instead of Luke and the lowest PS Ghost with FCS.  Lots of health and 2 ships that hit really hard.

Edited by bmf

Good post.  I don't get why many think Han stopped being good.  I think that when many turned to the new shinies that came out, it somehow got interpreted by many as the old builds now stink.

Han is like Whisper, he never left, he just turned from "One of the best" to merely "Very good".  While autothrusters and TLTS have taken him down a notch, they never killed him.  Sure, 4 Y-wings with TLTs can ruin his day, but that list has so many other holes that most experienced players won't go near it for competitive play.  It's a somewhat similar situation with all-autothruster lists.

Eh I don't see the ghost being that dangerous sure four attack can hurt but I can down it in short order it's got no creepio or isard, it's got minimal greens making destressing moves very predictable.

The best defense is kicking the other guy in the teeth. What do you think 4 red dice do?

Eh I don't see the ghost being that dangerous sure four attack can hurt but I can down it in short order it's got no creepio or isard, it's got minimal greens making destressing moves very predictable.

The best defense is kicking the other guy in the teeth. What do you think 4 red dice do?

But it has to catch you in arc first and only a fool would joust it.

Everyone bashes on the spray but it's got the same arc as the ghost, those two flanks are there to be abused and if you keep it stressed you can stay in that sweet spot forever.

But it has to catch you in arc first and only a fool would joust it.

Everyone bashes on the spray but it's got the same arc as the ghost, those two flanks are there to be abused and if you keep it stressed you can stay in that sweet spot forever.

The Firespray doesn't have a tenth of the stress mitigation that the Ghost does.

Because he's Han Solo. It's the Millenium Falcon, one of the most, if not the most, iconic ship of the entire Star Wars Universe. So I really don't care how much you hate that ship, you can bet that it has its place in this game.

To the OP, I think that it can still play its part in this game. FFG did a wonderful work to tame it, but you can still win with it. It's now challenging to do so, you have no room for error. That's how it should be. It's not the ship it was about a year ago when you could just take the Falcon and put all the pressure on your opponent to win the game. It can now drop pretty fast, thanks to TLTs or the return of 4+ ship builds, and it can have trouble offensively, thanks to Autothrusters. You actually to use your Line of Sight to have a chance to hit a fully equiped Soontir. But the most wonderful part of all this, is that I can finally take my favorite character to the table without feeling cheap and dirty for doing it, because if I'm not careful, my opponent will make me pay for bringing him on the table.

Edited by Red Castle

Because he's Han Solo. It's the Millenium Falcon, one of the most, if not the most, iconic ship of the entire Star Wars Universe. So I really don't care how much you hate that ship, you can bet that it has its place in this game.

To the OP, I think that it can still play its part in this game. FFG did a wonderful work to tame it, but you can still win with it. It's now challenging to do so, you have no room for error. That's how it should be. It's not the ship it was about a year ago when you could just take the Falcon and put all the pressure on your opponent to win the game. It can now drop pretty fast, thanks to TLTs or the return of 4+ ship builds, and it can have trouble offensively, thanks to Autothrusters. You actually to use your Line of Sight to have a chance to hit a fully equiped Soontir. But the most wonderful part of all this, is that I can finally take my favorite character to the table without feeling cheap and dirty for doing it, because if I'm not careful, my opponent will make me pay for bringing him on the table.

How can I like this twice?