Sign in to follow this  
Tancradus

can droids use cybernetics?

For a droid, cybernetics are the in-game mechanism for "upgrading" their chassis. Rather than create another system in the basic books, they have just said "use the same rules". The up side of that is that it keeps the droids from upgrading to ridiculous stats with just cash. The down side is it seem hideously expensive for what are in some cases basic upgrades. 

Yes they can and boy did our droid take advantage of that... Legs, arms, brain... So many "free" ability upgrades... We got our hands on a bucket load of credits and before we managed to get rid of them he spent some. (but remember kids, no force sensitive droids).

The down side is it seem hideously expensive for what are in some cases basic upgrades. 

For this reason, I composed myself a document that describes how the different upgrades work for droids, as the cybernetics are written with meatbags in mind. I also adjusted some of the prices for items that would make sense (such as the droid equivalent of the simple prosthetic organs/limbs being cheaper and more common than the cybernetics).