Sign in to follow this  
Torobasa

More stuff that the Gozanti can carry

I'm going to guess they don't fly through space that way... they are delivered from a Star Destroyer that way.

Also... Luke is looking kind of dumb now. Why didn't he just cut the legs off of that AT-AT rather than scaling it and then falling 5 stories?!?

hb64belly.jpg

Incomplete Jedi training?
We don't see Luke doing crazy jumps and backflips until after he meets Yoda. At Hoth he was just a fancy bush pilot farm boy with a laser sword and a very limited force talent.

I still don't think Kanan could have sliced through reinforced armor like it wa butter, but hey it's canon now.

Just like Ewoks and Jar Jar.

Edited by GrimmyV

Those were AT-ATs on Hoth. I dunno the designation of the walkers in this episode.

Episode guide says they're still AT-ATs.

And the Imperials didn't have air cover because they had no time to change over their airspeeders/fighters like the rebels did with the T-47s. Walkers are all terrain and so didn't need to be adapted to the cold.

You would think though, that a galaxy spanning space navy responsible for maintaining order on countless worlds would have vehicles adapted for pretty much any environment.

The AT-AT's were probably picked up from the planetary garrison by the Gozanti..

Agreed!!!

Also, it would be cool if they could carry fout AT-STs then!!!

but how would 4 AT-ST fight in space?

If only there were a ground combat game for Star wars that was 100% compatible with X-wing much like Hordes is 100% compatible with Warmachines.

They wouldn't fight in space, the Gozanti would simply be a dropship.

We need a good set of actual wargame rules for 6mm to use with ground troops/vehicles. Not just some "compatible" set that is fast play like XWing. A 6mm wargame ruleset would have true movement, shooting, LOS, morale,control and command and true combined arms.

yup, I was being sarcastic. (Forgot the emote sorry) Problem with that rule set is how would it be streamlined to include a majority of those elements without making the game more complicated than Armada and not take longer than epic for a single game.

Also... Luke is looking kind of dumb now.  Why didn't he just cut the legs off of that AT-AT rather than scaling it and then falling 5 stories?!?

Discussion in the other thread seemed to conclude that it's just bad writing.

If you look at how long it takes Qui-Gon to cut through a door in TPM, unless Kanan has some kind of super lightsaber, there's no reason he should be able to slice through them like that.

vader-vs-at-at.jpg

The Canon seems to disagree with the assumption on the power of lightsabers.

Edited by CheapCreep

It's entirely possible that Luke just didn't think to try cutting the legs off, directly.

I mean, it's not exactly like he's used the lightsaber much, at that point.  And, certainly, it's the first AT-AT he'd encountered, so...

He probably just saw something that looked like a vulnerable spot, figured it'd be a sure thing the lightsaber could cut through THAT (based on whatever toying around with it he'd done to that point), and ran with it.

IE., sure maybe he could have just cut the legs in half...but he had no way of knowing that.

Problem with that rule set is how would it be streamlined to include a majority of those elements without making the game more complicated than Armada and not take longer than epic for a single game.

This isn't a problem at all as I want it to be "more complicated" and NOT streamlined! Its a tabletop wargame ruleset that I'm looking for and not a "beer and pretzels" tournament ready "game" for quick store games! If it takes me 6-8 hours to play out a battle, GREAT! :) That's what I'm looking for! Maneuvering, strategy and tactics are where its at with great looking figs alots of time for the battle to unfold! Just like my historical wargames!

I'm going to guess they don't fly through space that way... they are delivered from a Star Destroyer that way.

Also... Luke is looking kind of dumb now. Why didn't he just cut the legs off of that AT-AT rather than scaling it and then falling 5 stories?!?

hb64belly.jpg

Incomplete Jedi training?
We don't see Luke doing crazy jumps and backflips until after he meets Yoda. At Hoth he was just a fancy bush pilot farm boy with a laser sword and a very limited force talent.

He should have taken the Jedi Correspondence Course that Rey did while she was picking up garbage on Planet Afghanistan. Then he could have learned to Jedi by epiphany.

How do they load them on the Star Destroyers you ask? Easy they dont... toss the AT-ATs out in space and then use tractor beams to attach them to Gozanties... Or that would be one way to do it.

Wouldn't it make sense for the newer models to be BIGGER and with more extras...not the other way around?

"Miniaturization" is a thing even in Star Wars - with the T-70 having miniaturized components compared to the T-65.

Maybe something similar applies to the AT-AT - they refine the construction process, allowing it to be smaller in the next-gen model - and take out bits that got used too little (or performed too badly) to justify keeping, like the tail gun.

Those were AT-ATs on Hoth. I dunno the designation of the walkers in this episode.

Still AT-ATs - just "early model ones" with extras (rear guns, slightly larger size).

That seems lazy. Usually even a minor difference in models has a different designation. Oh well.

That seems lazy. Usually even a minor difference in models has a different designation. Oh well.

We'll have to wait and see if they introduce new designations - "Mark 1" "Mark 2" "AT-AT A" "AT-AT B" "AT-AT Prototype" or whatever.

The AT-AT's were probably picked up from the planetary garrison by the Gozanti..

Agreed!!!

Also, it would be cool if they could carry fout AT-STs then!!!

but how would 4 AT-ST fight in space?

If only there were a ground combat game for Star wars that was 100% compatible with X-wing much like Hordes is 100% compatible with Warmachines.

They wouldn't fight in space, the Gozanti would simply be a dropship.

We need a good set of actual wargame rules for 6mm to use with ground troops/vehicles. Not just some "compatible" set that is fast play like XWing. A 6mm wargame ruleset would have true movement, shooting, LOS, morale,control and command and true combined arms.

Look up the Dirtside II ruleset ;) It's free and with the vehicle construction rules i've allready created some SW stuff.

Still AT-ATs - just "early model ones" with extras (rear guns, slightly larger size).

The walkers in Rebels are not supposed to be different models to the walkers in Empire. It is just the stylized animation and heavy reference to Ralph Macquarie's original concept art that Disney is relying on for their version of the Star Wars universe. It is the same thing as the weird stubby Tie fighters and unusual long necked Star Destroyers. Same models, just stylized differently.

The walkers in Rebels are not supposed to be different models to the walkers in Empire. It is just the stylized animation and heavy reference to Ralph Macquarie's original concept art that Disney is relying on for their version of the Star Wars universe. It is the same thing as the weird stubby Tie fighters and unusual long necked Star Destroyers. Same models, just stylized differently.

Additional weaponry, I'd say, is enough to say "this is a real difference".

And the "stubby TIE fighters" were characterized as being a real difference in Ultimate Star Wars and The Official Fact File. Then, apparently, Filoni said that the difference wasn't real but artistic licence, in a Rebels Recon online scene. Still, when you're publishing newcanon reference works, I don't think that free online articles should retcon them.

In the case of the AT-AT's it's not just stylized, "it's meant to be the version slightly ahead of what we see in ESB" https://youtu.be/VRAcatgArJA?t=3m5s

Someone said the problem with AT-ATs is that they move unrealistically slow but I found this.

This video reminds me how Rebels never shows All Terrain Armored Transports being used as, you know, transports.

They just use them as big tanks, even though they're suppose to be full of troops and speeder bikes.