Sign in to follow this  
Torobasa

More stuff that the Gozanti can carry

I'm going to guess they don't fly through space that way... they are delivered from a Star Destroyer that way.

Also... Luke is looking kind of dumb now.  Why didn't he just cut the legs off of that AT-AT rather than scaling it and then falling 5 stories?!?

hb64belly.jpg

Incomplete Jedi training?

http://imgur.com/a/MiBMA

Two AT-ATs

When I was a kid I used to play with my toy AT-AT like it was a horse that could gallop around.  In hindsight I think it's about as practical as that screenshot.

The 80's At-AT toy was huge and amazing...

hqdefault.jpg

I wish I still had it... 

How inside a star destroyer do you load them up like that? Also you still have re-entry to consider.

I can only assume the legs fold up for that.  And that they only extend their legs before landing.

Also... Luke is looking kind of dumb now.  Why didn't he just cut the legs off of that AT-AT rather than scaling it and then falling 5 stories?!?

Discussion in the other thread seemed to conclude that it's just bad writing.

If you look at how long it takes Qui-Gon to cut through a door in TPM, unless Kanan has some kind of super lightsaber, there's no reason he should be able to slice through them like that.

Edited by DarthEnderX

I'm going to guess they don't fly through space that way... they are delivered from a Star Destroyer that way.

hb64belly.jpg

The AT-AT's were probably picked up from the planetary garrison by the Gozanti. As for Luke looking dumb? As a certain Gnomish salt mine overlord is fond of saying in his YouTube videos, if it works, it isn't dumb.

The AT-AT's were probably picked up from the planetary garrison by the Gozanti..

Agreed!!!

Also, it would be cool if they could carry fout AT-STs then!!!

but how would 4 AT-ST fight in space?

If only there were a ground combat game for Star wars that was 100% compatible with X-wing much like Hordes is 100% compatible with Warmachines.

The AT-AT's were probably picked up from the planetary garrison by the Gozanti..

Agreed!!!

Also, it would be cool if they could carry fout AT-STs then!!!

but how would 4 AT-ST fight in space?

If only there were a ground combat game for Star wars that was 100% compatible with X-wing much like Hordes is 100% compatible with Warmachines.

They wouldn't fight in space, the Gozanti would simply be a dropship.

We need a good set of actual wargame rules for 6mm to use with ground troops/vehicles. Not just some "compatible" set that is fast play like XWing. A 6mm wargame ruleset would have true movement, shooting, LOS, morale,control and command and true combined arms.

Those were AT-ATs on Hoth. I dunno the designation of the walkers in this episode.

I would think the imperial forces on both landed in some dedicated landing craft like the Acclimator, the marched through the shield at the theater boundary at the North Ridge. Being grounded the walkers wouldn't be affected by the shield, like the battle droids in TPM.

And the Imperials didn't have air cover because they had no time to change over their airspeeders/fighters like the rebels did with the T-47s. Walkers are all terrain and so didn't need to be adapted to the cold.

And Blizzard Force and Snowtroopers are never mentioned in the movie.