Sign in to follow this  
JJs Juggernaut

MC30 Defect?

Hello all, just a quick question. I have 3 MC30s (from 2 different retailers) and all three have the same issue. The front shield dial is really loose and spins easily, it make it near unplayable and I've resorted to using some of my CR90 bases for my MC30s. Does anyone else have this issue?

I've already contacted FFGs customer service, and I know they are pretty good, I am just curious if anyone else has encountered this?

For me, its not the front shield, its the Portside Shield...  But same issue...

I added a hefty coating of PVA Glue to the strut to thicken the surface...  With the amount of time it'd take for me to deal with FFG/Lion Rampant for the issue to be solved, this one was easier...

I have had this issue on several of my ships, and it will crop up on all of them with use. It is simply the nature of the materials used. The issue can be quickly remedied by painting the inside of the the dial (the exposed cardboard) with a bit of water. This causes the cardboard to swell ever so slightly and tightens up the dial. Be cautious not to use too much water as that will separate the printed top layer from the dial.

Cheers!

You know, I thought ya'll were just grousing and must not have had the pegs pushed in far enough (like I had with a CR90) but then I went to check and sure enough, on both my Mc30's one of the shield dials spins like a top.  So yeah, count mine in the same camp.

But then again, every Mc30 I have or have worked with had an issue with the rear engine 'fin' where the tip was either broken off or the whole thing was left unglued (including a replacement I was sent, so a loose shield dial doesn't sound so bad by comparison :P )

So is it the base or the card board punch out? It sounds like the cardboard.

Ive got this issue on a wave 2 ship as well.

One of my Rogues and Villians packs also had VERY offset hole punching, so much that the activation sliders won't work! Some of the discs are off centre also.Tried to modify them with a Stanley knife but they just fell to bits. I can work around it by using unemployed Tiefighter bases but might be something for them to work at.

I never tried that.  You would think if it was a base thing it would be the same peg on everyone's base, but it's not.  I'm going to have to try that myself when I get home.  Is this the sort of thing that FFG will replace?  Anyone tried?

Most of my ships like to have poor mounts and they pitch right or left according to the way it was glued. My only problem. I wish they let us glue that one mounting peg in carefully. Ceste la vie.

Edited by AdmiralNelson

Mine arrived today and I think it's the hole in the shield punch out. In any case, it can be made better by just shaving / filing down the black peg a fraction so the fit is tighter.

What's annoyed me more is that the ship support fin on mine broke at the bottom when I tried to fit it in! No other ship fitting was that tight. Massively disappointed, I've raised a support request for it.