Sign in to follow this  
thesmallman

Interview with the IA Design Team

Hi kids,

I had a chance to interview Paul & Todd from the IA design team about some of the recent big changes, wanted to make sure you had a chance to catch it.

Part 1: http://imperialpropaganda.com/2016/01/big-changes-in-ia-our-interview-with-todd-paul-part-1/

Part 2: http://imperialpropaganda.com/2016/01/big-changes-in-ia-our-interview-with-paul-todd-part-2/

Enjoy!

To your part 1 of the interview : 

At the end Todd does say

Other distribution options are still being discussed, and proxies for these cards will be tournament legal. 

He does mean as long as you have the same number of Cards printed by ffg, right?

100% agree, jonboy!

I'm so happy with how things work right now.  I remember 6-9 months ago, when people everywhere were saying that the skirmish game was unbalanced.  And I remember saying that almost all skirmish games start off this way, and that it usually takes about a year for things to really level out.  It looks like that is happening, and I, for one, couldn't be happier about it.

I have a number of Store Championships in view for this season, and there's a good chance that I'll bring a different faction to each.  I love the variety that we have in the competitive meta right now.  It seems like 2x Elite Stormtroopers are rising toward the top, and that Luke/Leia are close.  There's also been a lot of talk about HKs being deadly.  So I look forward to seeing how things continue to develop.

But yes, a healthy meta we have.   :)

Now if they could hurry up and print the other language versions... Here in germany we are still waiting for wave 2 to hit the stores and I am going to an Storechampionship today with allowed figures from the core box and wave 1...

I had zero interest in skirmish before the errata because the game was clearly broken. I've bought a lot more figures than I otherwise would have now that skirmish mode is a real option for people like me that don't buy multiple core sets.

I'm surprised people are still complaining about proxies. Does the community really care about that more than having a balanced and viable skirmish mode?