Sign in to follow this  
joyrock

So, I'm assuming Rebel Veterans is coming, but what about Scum Veterans?

Rebel Veterans will probably have X-wing and HWK fixes, but do you think we'll get a Scum variant, too? The Scyk and Starviper are both fairly underwhelming, and I'd love to see them get boosts.

Rebel Aces will be X-Wing and E-Wing

HWK is more likely. Far less presence, and gives better support options to keep it more even with Imp Vets getting the shuttle.

What makes you think it's going to be even with Imperial Vets. Rebel Aces wasnt even with Imperial aces, why would vets be equivilant.

Vets got Tie Ds and Bombers because Tie Ds have needed fixing since forever, and Bombers wanted some flexibility and new pilots. If anything, that's parity with Rebel Aces, not Rebel Vets.

The HWK is a budget TLT, and can either carry tactition or recon spec. it doesnt need a fix as bad as non-corran Ewings.

Frankly, all the post-IA X-wing needs is more variety of generic astromechs. A Y+E Veterans pack would give them that and give us non-Gold Squadron Ys.

Also, I'm skeptical of how people interpret the oft-quoted comment by Alex Davy about Integrated Astromech. His comment seemed more like a, "Wait-and-see" comment than an indication that another fix was already in development. Been a while since I've seen a link to the actual interview instead of people just parroting that one tiny phrase sans context, though, so I suppose I could be wrong.

Edited by Squark

HWK is more likely. Far less presence, and gives better support options to keep it more even with Imp Vets getting the shuttle.

hwk will be in scum. because scum actually use hwks sometimes (scumtimes.) rebels forgot they had them

hwk/viper or scyk with the other one being with an epic ship

The HWKs most glaring weakness dont seem easily fixed in the typical manner. It has a very limited dial, which is intended and not easy to reverse now.

And it has 1 red attack die. But turrets cover that. Which, was probably always the intent.

The best way to make the HWK better is for FFG is keep adding good crew and turrets. Stuff like some of the Rebels even open back up the dial.

And as a final consideration, there is the marketing aspect. The HWK just isnt sexy in a box.

There's a starviper variants with weaker lasers, but ion capabilities

Scyks can also use ion cannons

Hintyhint

I'd be happy with a starviper title "Production model- this card has a negative point value"

Virago Guris and Virago Xizors are in a decent position, but the generics that cannot take Virago are in a poor place.

Scum HWK lacks presence???

They are some of the nastiest ships in the game and epitomise what Scum are all about - ignore them at your peril! - at the most they just need some nicely thought out crew options, and that doesn't require an aces pack.

Edited by Funkleton

Scum Aces was Most Wanted

ScummVets will be Wreched  Hive.

And I'd love to see another set like Most wanted.  The miniatures are not new, just repaints and now a part of Scum (with maybe a small change like adding an illicit slot).  Then, add pilot cards and dials for ships that were once only a part of a single faction.  I think a YT is begging to be added to the Scum fold.  ....and maybe an Imperial Shuttle.  Those things were getting stolen left and right!

My theory for scum is that the Scyk will get a fix in a huge ship release, perhaps 2 Scyks with a bunch of new stuff (I'm thinking titles, guns, pilots, and even mods).  The Scum Aces will fix the Starviper and have new pilots and options for the Khiraxz fighter since it came in various forms (like the B-Wing/E2 in Rebel Aces).

I expect Scum aces announcement this spring.

Scyk and Starviper seem likely canidates for aces pack.

I wouldn't mind seeing it be firespray and Scyk though would be cool to get another repaint firespray and new pilots.

Rebel Vets will probably consist of two X-wings, similar to how Imperial Aces was just two TIE Interceptors. Calling it!

If you bought exactly one-of-everything, you would end up with five x-wing.

Unless the fix was literally a discount, which would leave the Kithraxz weeping... That would be a bit on the nose. :P

Edited by Reiver