Sign in to follow this  
EvilEd209

NOVA Squadron Radio – Episode 41: News and Force Awakens Part II

At this point I am torn as to what to do.  I like Ed, Chris, and the gang and both understand and appreciate the work they put into the podcast.  But currently the only reason to listen is to hear Bob talk or hope and pray that Paul Heaver makes an appearance.  After listening to this specific episode I thought for sure it would be Bob’s last.  I honestly don’t understand why he puts up with how he is treated.  If I were in his shoes I would move to another podcast with people who can engage him on a similar intellectual level instead of railing against his attempts to move the competitive X-Wing community forward by helping analyze ship point values and exploring ways to improve tournament rules.

Your former fan…

Interesting to see a different perspective. As I feel the opposite and have to fast forward every time Bob starts. I never did finish this episode and after reading about a 13 minute rant in the newest one about TLT I'm skipping it as well. 

Edited by Toqtamish

I am looking forward to the next show...

You guys could probably have a good discussion segment about the huge diverse showing of lists we are seeing in the store championship victories and top cuts.

For all cast members in the next recording session:

What are your favorite 'new' successful lists you find interesting and what are your thoughts about those lists compared to others?

Go!

Already recorded and posted, however we will hit on this next show!

Thanks for the feedback!

At this point I am torn as to what to do. I like Ed, Chris, and the gang and both understand and appreciate the work they put into the podcast. But currently the only reason to listen is to hear Bob talk or hope and pray that Paul Heaver makes an appearance. After listening to this specific episode I thought for sure it would be Bob’s last. I honestly don’t understand why he puts up with how he is treated. If I were in his shoes I would move to another podcast with people who can engage him on a similar intellectual level instead of railing against his attempts to move the competitive X-Wing community forward by helping analyze ship point values and exploring ways to improve tournament rules.

Your former fan…

Interesting to see a different perspective. As I feel the opposite and have to fast forward every time Bob starts. I never did finish this episode and after reading about a 13 minute rant in the newest one about TLT I'm skipping it as well.

I'm with you, I pretty much can't stand listening to Bob anymore, I respect his knowledge and the work he's done but he comes off increasingly more arrogant and insufferable every episode. My favorite nova in a long time was the force awakens review for which he was not present. Throwing fuel on the fire in the coin flip thread was pretty deplorable as well. Edited by catachanninja

Something random just came to me whilst I was watching some Thorin's Thoughts on YouTube. (Not X-Wing related but for context)

I think that sometimes people confuse the talk show side of the show for a debate format.

Whenever we discuss something it is very rare that we set out to give a NOVA Radio opinion on something.

Personally, I never set out to change my fellow hosts opinions on something nor do I set out to establish my opinion as the correct opinion. Often times when I share the opinion of another cast member the only comment I will give will be to echo the point that they have put across as if I feel that my comments will not add anything (be it humor or a serious opinion on a potential use for a card)

When I have a differing opinion I will however share it, not to sway anyone but to add thoughts to the discussion. You the listener have to decide where you fall on these issues as they are entirely subjective to your own life experiences and your own opinions.

NOVA Squadron Radio is not a vheicle for change in the X-Wing community it is a podcast about competitive X-Wing. Whilst we may complain about aspects we find distasteful these are the personal opinions of the hosts and not an Agenda of the show.

With regards to my attitude towards Bob on the show, I am 100% confident that whilst at times each of us has left a topic, be it in the text chat we have ongoing or on the show, where we felt frustrated at the other persons failure to grasp out point we are still friends and I know that I personal look forward to Bob's opinion on things as I enjoy seeing how closely my initial impressions fall inline with whatever Bob's current model happens to be.

I will reference the way in which I respond to Bob's opinions or his longer Mathwing points that people are taking as me attacking Bob personally.

I am well aware of the flow that the show has and that once Bob or Sean gets going that it is fairly difficult to bring them on to the point. To add in a differing style for the listeners who may not like the more drawn out approach I chose as an "on air" persona to react in Hyperbole a lot of the time as this allows for the show to keep moving and for us to cover many more points.

I would like to think that the vast majority of the listeners understand this and see that in many of the statements I make there is an element of my dark dry british humor and also a reasoned point expressed in a consise mannor.

It is unfortunate as I often have points that I could elaborate on but don't want to add a 3rd eloquent but drawn out opinion to a subject. I have actually enjoyed every part of this thread as I have had the time to actually express not only my opinions but also my reasoning and hopefully displayed that there is more going on than just being the guy who reigns in Bob and Sean's longer rants.

To quote Ed

"At this juncture" there is not much else to say but just wanted to share some more insight as to the inner workings of how I see the show.

Now back to putting screen protectors on all of my monitors to stop Ghost Hands form reaching out and Snapping my fu#*#ng neck.

Thanks for listening and reading!

Kris

Edited by KrisSherriff

Way too many cast members. Some people go way too long with there thoughts. Sick and tired of hearing about math wing, not that it doesn't have a place it just bores me to tears hearing about all those numbers and looking at it through an engineers eyes.

Edited by RedAce