Sign in to follow this  
azureeternal

5/6-player games?

So, I've got 4 or 5 friends who want to game regularly, and I've really been eyeing this. Though, it looks like it's mostly a 1-4 player game. That said, is there any way to play with up to 6 players?

Thanks!

I've played a handful of games 5 player.  It's not ideal, but you can technically do it.  At the very least, I would houserule it so you can have 2 active locations.  Also, many quests will be completely unbeatable while some may be trivial at 5-6 players.

But just because you can doesn't mean you should.  If I had 6 people that wanted to play LotR, I would recommend splitting into 2 tables.

I've played a handful of games 5 player.  It's not ideal, but you can technically do it.  At the very least, I would houserule it so you can have 2 active locations.  Also, many quests will be completely unbeatable while some may be trivial at 5-6 players.

But just because you can doesn't mean you should.  If I had 6 people that wanted to play LotR, I would recommend splitting into 2 tables.

I agree with the splitting up idea.  Even if you have 5, you can do a two-player and three-player game which would probably be better than 5 in most cases.  If multiple people are going to be owning the game then each group can play the same scenario and it would give you something to talk about afterward.

Man, if you are six, just play Arkham Horror <3 :-)

Arkham with 6? You're a braver man than I. Would never play that with more than 4. You want some Cthulhu w/ 5-8, break out Elder Sign. Maybe Eldritch, though I still prefer that in the 2-4 range.