Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

Rebel list for store champs - which one?

Basically looking at either Corran or Poe flanked by A-wings. So far I'm looking at:

Horn A (98)

Corran Horn (45)

Push The Limit (3), R2 Astromech (1), Fire Control System (2), Engine Upgrade (4)

Jake Farrell (28)

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Veteran Instincts (1)

Gemmer Sojan (25)

Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Push The Limit (3)

Or

Typoke (100)

Poe Dameron (40)

Predator (3), R2-D2 (4), Autothrusters (2)

Tycho Celchu (32)

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Experimental Interface (3), Expert Handling (2)

Jake Farrell (28)

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Veteran Instincts (1)

Any thoughts? Tried Tycho with daredevil instead of expert handling yesterday but always found myself in positions where I'd rather barrel roll and although Corran doesn't have shield regen he is pretty slippery

I like list 2 and flown a list a lot like that one. I do agree with Dagonet about EI on tycho is questionable, but I do see its uses and why you might prefer to want to use it with expert handling. I'm assuming predator on poe is to help increase his damage output to a more reliable level and you value it over more traditional EPT cards as LW, and VI

in the past I have used outflanked, out maneuver, or predator on tycho with AT as my mod. And poe gets VI or LW with R5-P9 which let me be a little more unpredictable with maneuvers compared to R2-D2 which can limit them and make you more predictable. Jake to me seems solid and fine. That's my 0.02$

I'd be wary of taking Corran without R2D2. I notice you don't have a second EPT on Gemmer. To be honest, for the benefit he gives you, why not consider a Green Squadron pilot with VI?

That frees up enough points to put regen on Corran. Something like this maybe:

A-Wing: Green Squadron Pilot (19)

Push The Limit (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Autothrusters (2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Veteran Instincts (1)

A-Wing: · Jake Farrell (24)

Push The Limit (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Autothrusters (2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Veteran Instincts (1)

E-Wing: · Corran Horn (35)

Push The Limit (3)

Fire Control System (2)

· R2-D2 (4)

Engine Upgrade (4)

I notice you don't have a second EPT on Gemmer.

That's because you can have only one EPT on Gemmer.

Ahhh, didn't realise he lacked the EPT slot to begin with. My mistake. I've never used him. Either way, I think a VI GSP for less points is better than Gemmer here, but personal preference I suppose.

In the first list Horn is pretty slippery like that with all the green but he's not sustainable. More glass cannon status. Idk what to say except try it and be aware your list is currently super susceptible to stress. I agree lose gemmer.. either for a green + prockets on jake or a defensive tycho, probably the latter.   

On list 2 tycho looks a little conflicted. If your gonna spring for EI then go with daredevil and practice with it. DD is his super K turn x 6 basically, theres no substitute and its nearly always superior except in rare corner cases and when you need to shed a TL. If your ok without it then lose EI for autothrusters and give him wired. Now hes a tank that surpasses even poe in durability meaning they need to kill both early because they won't when resources dwindle. 

Edit- I don't think I like horn with the r2 although I haven't tried it. He's still pretty predictable and comes stock with 3 straight green. My gut says your stretching him to far but idk maybe others will disagree.

Edited by Carnor Rex

Corran with R2D2 is incredible. Flies in, double-taps on a high priority target, may take some fire in return but with PtL and Engine he can green + boost, regen a shield and TL his next target if in range, or barrel roll to gain more distance if needed. I wouldn't ever put Corran on the table without R2D2 in the back seat. He's just an expensive "debris cloud" otherwise.

On tycho I should add a tidbit and this might explain why you didn't like DD..

you don't want to be forced to use DD as your first action (although you want it as an option) like you would be if your build was PtL, DD, AT for example. In this case its too restrictive and EH is then superior. DD really wants EI to reach its full potential. Then its just what you want for your second EPT.. wired is like pseudo focus x 2 freeing up an action. VI for reasons, PtL for insane actions = psycho build etc etc.

Corn with R2 is usually pretty sturdy but mostly as I'm pretty good with boost/br manoeuvring from many games using Jake. Probably also why I favour on Tycho too. Always a few points short of what I really want though

On tycho I should add a tidbit and this might explain why you didn't like DD..

you don't want to be forced to use DD as your first action (although you want it as an option) like you would be if your build was PtL, DD, AT for example. In this case its too restrictive and EH is then superior. DD really wants EI to reach its full potential. Then its just what you want for your second EPT.. wired is like pseudo focus x 2 freeing up an action. VI for reasons, PtL for insane actions = psycho build etc etc.

Yeah, I normally focus first up then DD/PTL in whichever order works best

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Final question. Which would you favour between Poe and Corran if it was:

Corran with VI, FCS and R2-D2 for 42 points

Or

Poe with VI, R2-D2 and AT for 38 points

Depends on the rest of the list, but personally I'd go Corran. For all that a T70 is better than a T65, both are fairly stiff ships, notwithstanding the Tallon roll. Overall I prefer the manoeuvrability of Corran compared to Poe.