Sign in to follow this  
TS Hawk

Tell me about Soontir Fel

Ok I am going to admit that I have never read the comics or the novels from Star Wars.  And since being drawn into this game I read the cards and seen the people talk about certain characters.  I have the Imperial Aces pack and picked up 2 more tie interceptors to complete a squadron? (If 4 of them will equal a squadron by my understanding. If I am wrong please correct me.)

So who is Soontir Fel and why wasn't he part of the imperial aces? 

Because he was already in the single Interceptor pack, and so far FFG has not re-packed named pilots in different packs (unless they are different faction versions)

In terms of who he is, he is THE ace pilot in the Imperial navy. He led 181st Interceptor squadron (with the blood stripes for amounts of kills). He taught at the academy (even people like Biggs, before they mutinied). He survived past Endor and ended up joining the New Republic at one point.

Fel was created as an imperial counter point to Wedge. Like Wedge and Han he is Correlian, which in the old EU was home to all sorts hot shot pilots. He wasn't inaces because he was released earlier in the single interceptor xpac.

Because he was already in the single Interceptor pack, and so far FFG has not re-packed named pilots in different packs (unless they are different faction versions)

In terms of who he is, he is THE ace pilot in the Imperial navy. He led 181st Interceptor squadron (with the blood stripes for amounts of kills). He taught at the academy (even people like Biggs, before they mutinied). He survived past Endor and ended up joining the New Republic at one point.

He came out of the same class as Wedge before he defected, so literally think of Sootnir as an imperial mirror to Wedge. However Sootnir is still his own character, he decided he made his choice to back the empire, and it was the side he would fight for "until the day he died." Sootnir is also considered by many as honorable, a Red baron of the star wars universe so to speak.

\ I have the Imperial Aces pack and picked up 2 more tie interceptors to complete a squadron? (If 4 of them will equal a squadron by my understanding. If I am wrong please correct me.

You will only want the Imperial Aces and 1 Tie Interceptor pack, more than likely. Generics aside from Royal Guards (of which there are only two in the Aces pack and none in the Interceptor) are no good, and if you fly a Interceptor Aces squad you'll only be able to fit 3 in a 100 point list.

So far. But in Imperial Veterans we get a previous pilot in a new ship, which kinda opens up the option. 

\ I have the Imperial Aces pack and picked up 2 more tie interceptors to complete a squadron? (If 4 of them will equal a squadron by my understanding. If I am wrong please correct me.

You will only want the Imperial Aces and 1 Tie Interceptor pack, more than likely. Generics aside from Royal Guards (of which there are only two in the Aces pack and none in the Interceptor) are no good, and if you fly a Interceptor Aces squad you'll only be able to fit 3 in a 100 point list.

Only if I am going to be playing in tournaments which I am not. And I will save my reasons for that maybe in another thread.  If my friend and I have to sit down and write out house rules for our own campaign then we will do that. 

Right now I am trying to find out more about somebody.  And somebody supplied a great link but just how accurate is the wookiepieda I have used it during the end of the Clone wars.

Corellian pilot. Flew for empire. married Wedge's sister. Had kids. Joined rogue squad (best rebel pilots) went back to empire. Joined chiss ascendency. Retired. Somewhere during his career he killed lots of other pilots, majority being his enemies.

Game wise.

Equip royal guard tie, autothrusters, PTL. And either stealth device or targetting computer. Watch your opponent cry, scream, swear and concede.

Game wise.

Equip royal guard tie, autothrusters, PTL. And either stealth device or targetting computer. Watch your opponent cry, scream, swear and concede.

I'm quite happy with the TIE mk II on him. The 3 bank gives a nice long reach.

Wookiepedia should be a fair source for the old canon EU stuff in their legends section for stuff. Though surprised no one mentioned the fact that he married Wedge's sister who was a famous actress. Or the fact that his son and his descendants ended up becoming the emperor's of the revived Empire.

Only if I am going to be playing in tournaments which I am not. And I will save my reasons for that maybe in another thread. If my friend and I have to sit down and write out house rules for our own campaign then we will do that.

Right now I am trying to find out more about somebody. And somebody supplied a great link but just how accurate is the wookiepieda I have used it during the end of the Clone wars.

Aftermath novel basically does away with thrawn and TFA does away with Yuuzen Vong. Other than that Disney has yet to contradict the rest. Edited by Krewal