Sign in to follow this  
McFoy

Vitriol Thread, spew it & brew it

They also have odd phrases that jusy dont make sense to us.

A german friend of mine once said something about 'walking the red path' , which i think meant being grumpy or losing you temper and i'd never heard a UK phrase like that.

He also used to say 'dont over egg the cake' as in 'dont over do it' which again i'd never heard in the uk but that at least made more sense

Maybe the "red path" was a reference to the mood swings women have periodically?

A german friend of mine once said something about 'walking the red path' , which i think meant being grumpy or losing you temper and i'd never heard a UK phrase like that.

He also used to say 'dont over egg the cake' as in 'dont over do it' which again i'd never heard in the uk but that at least made more sense

"Don't over do it" is pretty common in Canada/US, typically said to people who are recovering from and illness/ injury or in any instance where they go beyond capabilities. 

oh yeah we say 'dont over do it' but i'd never heard anyone say 'dont over egg the cake' and mean 'leave it you've done enough'

Edited by Gadge

Walking the red path? Jeez thats something out of 40k! Like something the World Eaters would do. (maybe it's a euphemism for "that time of the month"?)

Edited by Robin Graves

Odd german friend of mine who used to say that.  He was actually half Italian and half German and sickeningly good with languages.

He also for some reason had convinced out local McDonalds he was belgian by always ordering with this perfect belgian accent... i have no idea why he did that but he always thought it was hilarious.

Like i say odd guy, i was in a band with him for a while and we shared a house.

So many funny stories from those days but they are the sort you have to tell in person as they are not as funny written out.

Totally disappointed by the new Suicide Squad trailer.  Bohemian Rhapsody?  WTF?

Last year's Comic Con footage was dark, and I loved it.

This trailer is comic, and I found it off-putting.

End result darkly comic?  I can live with that, but this trailer was such a let down after the first....

DC has no idea what they're doing, they just can't find a tone for their movies.

I'm still optimistic about suicide squad (asuming the fan theory is correct)

Unlike Batman vs Superman... Wich has Doomsday in it. .........and I'm out! I'm like: "no DC! Don't use Doomsday already! It's to soon! You are wasting him!" With the inclusion of Wonder Woman this is starting to like a rushed DC version of the Avengers.

Totally disappointed by the new Suicide Squad trailer.  Bohemian Rhapsody?  WTF?

Last year's Comic Con footage was dark, and I loved it.

This trailer is comic, and I found it off-putting.

End result darkly comic?  I can live with that, but this trailer was such a let down after the first....

Having seen it I kinda like it.