Sign in to follow this  
Icelom

Wampa

Does the defender get to cancel your dice results with there evade dice and tokens before you can cancel yours?

Basically is wampa an auto crit if he rolls a crit? Or does he just push a crit that would normally hit past the shields?

Thanks

1. Wampa's ability triggers at the start of Compare Dice results. So you can decide to trigger the ability before any attack dice are cancelled by evade dice. If your opponent rolled 0 evades, then you don't have to trigger if you don't want to.

2. Wampa's ability assigns a facedown damage directly to the ship. It's not a crit, but it bypasses all shields.

Edited by Deltmi

When attacking, Wampa rolls red dice, then the defender modifies red dice, then Wampa do. Then the defender rolls green dice, Wampa modifies them, then the defender does. And THEN Wampa can choose to cancel his dice to push a damage through (note that the card is facedown, not faceup). So he can basically check if his attack hits before he chooses to use his ability or not.

Ninja'd

Edited by MalanTai

When attacking, Wampa rolls red dice, then the defender modifies red dice, then Wampa do. Then the defender rolls green dice, Wampa modifies them, then the defender does. And THEN Wampa can choose to cancel his dice to push a damage through (note that the card is facedown, not faceup). So he can basically check if his attack hits before he chooses to use his ability or not.

Ninja'd

So if I roll crit + blank, and the defender rolls evade+ evade. I can cancel my dice and deal the crit card?

Ninja'd

So if I roll crit + blank, and the defender rolls evade+ evade. I can cancel my dice and deal the crit card?

Yes and No. You can Cancel your dice but you don't deal a 'crit card', you deal a face down card.
^^^ This

So he can directly hit the hull bypassing shields... a pilot level 4 with no elite talent at 14 points, can do direct damage to the hull of a ship by cancelling his dice roll can bypass all shields... as long as he rolls a crit. He's just about beat Rexlar because of his cost is so low and though his ability is not guaranteed... it's crazy if you don't use him.

Edited by Dej2

So he can directly hit the hull bypassing shields... a pilot level 4 with no elite talent at 14 points, can do direct damage to the hull of a ship by cancelling his dice roll can bypass all shields... as long as he rolls a crit. He's just about beat Rexlar because of his cost is so low and though his ability is not guaranteed... it's crazy if you don't use him.

He's got to be the most cost-effective pilot in the game when it comes to dealing damage.

Just wanted to make sure I'm playing this right also, when the damage card is dealt it doesn't count as a hit similar to a seismic charge so stealth device would still stay intact?

Edited by RougeMags13

Wampa + Palpatine + Colzet = Beast

You mean besides them all being pilot skill 4 and below?

Plenty of points for Palpatine to jump onto a Decimator there.

Played a match last night using Wampa + Colzet and palpatine on kenkirk, Hit a whisper with wampa and used colzet to reveal a major explosion and he rolled a hit. One of the nicest things about Wampa is that he was such a huge distraction. His ability is scary enough, even better when paired with colzet, that almost my entire opponents list went after him in the joust. At worst they waste their time shooting at a 14 point distraction and at best you can mangle a lot of the ships that don't want to be hit.