Sign in to follow this  
KineticOperator

As I Was Saying

You move Delta x7 over speed 3 to get a bonus evade so it becomes the leader/blocker.

You shoot with Vessery, hit with TB and move ship into range 1 of its own ships and then Ruthless it, then shoot it with your Primary and Ruthless it again (easier with -1 agi).

Delta D shoots Ion to lock ship's maneuvering (while adding another point of damage on and easier to do with -1 Agi), and then shoot it with primary (if it is even alive it will be taking much damage by this point)

Delta 7 now goes and can shoot the TB ship but most likely will target what ever ships are still flying. (on a big ship this will do lots of focused damage, especially shutting down C3P0 on a Falcon build) 

Is this what you had in mind?

In a previous thread about Imperial Veterans.  Here is the Defender list I am planning to abu...er use.

The "DVD"

Vessery (TIE/D, Ruthless, Tractor Beam)

Delta (TIE/D, Ion Cannon)

Delta (TIEx7)

Think about it.  :-)

You think like a monster and I love you for it.

Things that can go wrong: 

you cant get into R1 of the target ship if you're the only other one.  (or you'd much rather not). 

The target is a large ship not in R1 of anything else.  You cant Tractor move it.  

Target is a large ship and takes 2 ions.  

enemy list gives you stress.   

All in all thogh.  Defenders with x7 are pretty tanky.  You might be able to kill off everyone before you run out of hull.  

Well dang. Here I was, hoping KO had figured out something especially nasty for Scum (since he's proved his ability with Rebels and Imperials) that we could expect to see him run in the near future...

But ya, this will do too. :)

enemy list gives you stress.   

Surprisingly, not so much an issue.

The white K-turn is still a thing, so being stressed doesn't have too large an impact on your ability to maneuver, and neither the x7 title or Vess's ability require actions, so you don't lose access to your gimmick, either.

It seems counter-intuitive given how poor the Defender's greens are, but this might be one of the more stress-resistant lists out there.

Edited by DR4CO

In a previous thread about Imperial Veterans.  Here is the Defender list I am planning to abu...er use.

The "DVD"

Vessery (TIE/D, Ruthless, Tractor Beam)

Delta (TIE/D, Ion Cannon)

Delta (TIEx7)

Think about it.  :-)

JESUS that is brilliant!!!!!

**** you for coming up with such brilliant stuff.

I recommend having a martini on-hand during games. Smug grins in the face of an opponent's horror always work better with a martini.

Joking aside, this looks BRUTAL. I'm unsure if I'll be running triple defenders anytime soon, but I already enjoy running them without the titles, so I imagine that tractor Vessery is going to become a very common sight in my squads.

Now, haven't we learned that only KineticOperator can fly KineticOperator's wacky builds?

Seriously, it just became super scary wih the full spoiling fo the Tractor Beam. Using Ruthless to do damage with the Tractor Beam is an awesome way to get a hardlt picked EPT back into the game.

Edited by Veldrin

Why not sub the TIEx7 for a third TIE/D with a flechette cannon and throw a stress option into the mix too? Likelihood increased against the 'tractored' target too! Worse news for for your target than trying to hit a tanky Defender. 

I believe a similar list was suggested when Imperial veterans was unveiled, but can't recall who to credit. 

Well dang. Here I was, hoping KO had figured out something especially nasty for Scum (since he's proved his ability with Rebels and Imperials) that we could expect to see him run in the near future...

But ya, this will do too. :)

I need the Jumpmaster spoiled, so I can play a Trev/Drea death-torpedo build.

Why not sub the TIEx7 for a third TIE/D with a flechette cannon and throw a stress option into the mix too? Likelihood increased against the 'tractored' target too! Worse news for for your target than trying to hit a tanky Defender. 

I believe a similar list was suggested when Imperial veterans was unveiled, but can't recall who to credit.

Too costly. Without ruthlessness on Vessery you would be at 101 points.