Sign in to follow this  
imprezagoatee

Mist Hunter preview!

Yeah no.

Punishing One will have dual cards.

When that preview drops they will tell us the rest of the story about dual cards.  ?Rage? is probably a dual card.

Yeah, it's worth noting that the card fan we've seen so far for Punishing One includes no rules cards at all, at the very least it would normally include title and modification rules etc.  So I wouldn't be surprised to see dual cards in there.

Yeah no.

When that preview drops they will tell us the rest of the story about dual cards. ?Rage? is probably a dual card.

Yeah, it's worth noting that the card fan we've seen so far for Punishing One includes no rules cards at all, at the very least it would normally include title and modification rules etc. So I wouldn't be surprised to see dual cards in there.
Titles and Modifications are included in the rules in the Force Awakens Core set, which is now the official rules document for the game. Therefore, the Title/Modification rules card is no longer necessary and we'll likely not see it in any more releases.

I'd bet we're done with Dual Cards for now, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Engine25

True, but with a fat turretwing such as Dengar, it could work.

True, maybe you could make it work with a Bandit and a 50 point Dengar. Title, K-4, VI and Intertial Dampeners?

He's already PS9 and even not knowing his dial, I have to say that I would bet Unhinged Astromech is a better investment than VI.  Especially considering you gave him K4.

Aye, that's why I suggested Unhinged and Adaptability over VI. Should make him a very capable ace hunter, while Zuckuss can deal with tanky generics. 

so can you push somebody off the board?

No, you can't boost/roll off the board anymore.

You might be able to push them into a position where they can't help but go off the board on their next move though.

Not so fast. I know this sentiment has been shared at least a half dozen times in this thread already but I'm not convinced this will be the case with how Tractor Beam works.

While it is true that you cannot take a boost or barrel roll action if it would cause you to flee the battlefield, the current rules also state that you may not boost or barrel roll onto an obstacle. The article expressly says that this mechanic will allow you to boost or barrel roll your opponent onto an obstacle. Those are two contradictory items. Yes the article may be wrong but I don't think that will turn out to be the case in this instance.

One cannot assume at this point that boosting or more likely barrel rolling your opponent off the board will not be allowed. There is a definite possibility that you can.

The article says this because the card overrides that rule and you can. The card doesn't say a thing about off the board. So no you cannot be tractored off of the board. 

Since it seems to be overlooked a lot here is the card:

swx41_tractorbeam-reference.png

TL; DR

Dual Card??

I don't get it?

Do you need to include both of them?

No, it's one card with two sides (-1 PS on one, +1 PS on the other). What we don't know is when you get to flip it; whether it is at the beginning of the game, at the beginning of a turn, or even mid-turn.

TL; DR

Dual Card??

I don't get it?

No, it's one card with two sides (-1 PS on one, +1 PS on the other). What we don't know is when you get to flip it; whether it is at the beginning of the game, at the beginning of a turn, or even mid-turn.

Oh I see.

Sounds cool.

I ever wanted to reduce the PS value of Black Squadron Pilots to 3 ...........................

lol

No, it really sounds useful for 0 points.

TL; DR

Dual Card??

I don't get it?

Oh I see.

Sounds cool.

I ever wanted to reduce the PS value of Black Squadron Pilots to 3 ...........................

lol

No, it really sounds useful for 0 points.

Say you're running Vader with Adaptability alongside Carnor Jax and Omega Leader. In round one of the tournament you go up against Wedge, Jake and Miranda. PS10 sounds good! However, in round two you face Bossk and a couple of Hired Guns with TLTs. Now you're going first anyway, and with his auto-crit Vader would ideally like to shoot after Jax and Leader, and with Adaptability, you can do that.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v3!s!168:49,61,36,-1:-1:-1:;125:49,37,122,112:3:6:;126:162,123,112:-1:-1:

Oh my my. The control potential for this little beauty is too much to handle. I might switch Torkil to a Gand Findsman (once we figure out the cost) with Tractor beam to force an opponent into R1. (Easy to land a Tractor beam when the opponent has lost all it's tokens)

I think one Tractor Beam Scyk could make it in a list.  It would have to be the same PS or at least somewhat higher than most of the rest of the list. 

I'm thinking of the 3 Kihraxz w/ 2 Scyk w/ Ion list change to  3 Kihraxz w/ 1 Scyk w/ Ion and 1 Scyk w/ Tractor Beam

I don't think massing Tractor Beams is the way to go.  There are a lot of times when the Tractor won't really be worth it for most lists.  I think having one in a list is not bad at all.  It can move someone out of line and/or lower the defensive dice for an easier kill. 

I can even see Laetin as being a viable option for Tractor Beam in a list.  If you use the Tractor Beam well enough, then he will draw some fire.  Yes....he doesn't have PTL, but you can still last longer for only 21 pts. 

I like the way you think.  Was considering this list.  Maybe not amazing but could be fun.

Laetin A'shera (18)
Tractor Beam (1)
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (Cannon) (2)

Black Sun Ace (23) x3
Crack Shot (1)
Glitterstim (2)

Total: 99

Laetin shoots at PS 6 before all your BS Aces.

I think one Tractor Beam Scyk could make it in a list.  It would have to be the same PS or at least somewhat higher than most of the rest of the list. 

I'm thinking of the 3 Kihraxz w/ 2 Scyk w/ Ion list change to  3 Kihraxz w/ 1 Scyk w/ Ion and 1 Scyk w/ Tractor Beam

I don't think massing Tractor Beams is the way to go.  There are a lot of times when the Tractor won't really be worth it for most lists.  I think having one in a list is not bad at all.  It can move someone out of line and/or lower the defensive dice for an easier kill. 

I can even see Laetin as being a viable option for Tractor Beam in a list.  If you use the Tractor Beam well enough, then he will draw some fire.  Yes....he doesn't have PTL, but you can still last longer for only 21 pts. 

I like the way you think.  Was considering this list.  Maybe not amazing but could be fun.

Laetin A'shera (18)
Tractor Beam (1)
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (Cannon) (2)

Black Sun Ace (23) x3
Crack Shot (1)
Glitterstim (2)

Total: 99

Laetin shoots at PS 6 before all your BS Aces.

Those would be brutal to anything it can fire at, but you have to ensure you will have targets.  With the higher PS, it will help you in that area.  Not so much vs. the Arc Dodgers. 

If Laetin is using the Tractor Beam, you might be able to do Z-95's instead.  They only have 2 red dice, but those dice will be a lot more effective now.  You can get a lot of Z-95's for that price.  Heck, even go for the higher PS guys. 

I'd probably also want a high PS ace, as well.  I've used Xizor w/ 5 Z's, but instead you could go with Xizor, 3 Z-95's, and Laetin. 

I haven't read this entire thread so I apologize if this was already discussed, but ...

The tractor beam is a cannon upgrade card and none of the pilot/ship cards shown have the cannon upgrade slot. The Mist Hunter title card only says that it adds barrel roll and you must add a tractor beam ... but you can't add a tractor beam because there is no cannon upgrade slot for a tractor beam

This is a problem.

Yeah no.

When that preview drops they will tell us the rest of the story about dual cards. ?Rage? is probably a dual card.

Yeah, it's worth noting that the card fan we've seen so far for Punishing One includes no rules cards at all, at the very least it would normally include title and modification rules etc. So I wouldn't be surprised to see dual cards in there.
Titles and Modifications are included in the rules in the Force Awakens Core set, which is now the official rules document for the game. Therefore, the Title/Modification rules card is no longer necessary and we'll likely not see it in any more releases.

I'd bet we're done with Dual Cards for now, but I could be wrong.

Large ships have rule cards in their book.

I haven't read this entire thread so I apologize if this was already discussed, but ...

The tractor beam is a cannon upgrade card and none of the pilot/ship cards shown have the cannon upgrade slot. The Mist Hunter title card only says that it adds barrel roll and you must add a tractor beam ... but you can't add a tractor beam because there is no cannon upgrade slot for a tractor beam

This is a problem.

Card trumps rules. Card says to do it, so you can do it.

This is a problem.

How is it a problem? Just do what the card says.

The problem is that the title doesn't actually say that you can equip a Tractor Beam in spite of the ship not having the correct upgrade slot. 

It's obvious what the intent is but the card has what appears to to be an impossible to meet prerequisite.

This is a problem.

The problem is that the title doesn't actually say that you can equip a Tractor Beam in spite of the ship not having the correct upgrade slot. 

It's obvious what the intent is but the card has what appears to to be an impossible to meet prerequisite.

The card says you must do it. So you must do it. The Golden Rule. Cards trump rules. 

Not really, what the card says goes.

This is a problem.

The title Mist Hunter says you are to add a (barrel roll) to the action track, and MUST add Tractor Beam to the ship... it does not say add a secondary (cannon) weapon to the upgrade track. It doesn't need to have the (cannon) symbol.

True, but with a fat turretwing such as Dengar, it could work.

True, maybe you could make it work with a Bandit and a 50 point Dengar. Title, K-4, VI and Intertial Dampeners?

I have made a nice list with them :

G-1A Starfighter: · Zuckuss (28)

Juke (2)

Fire Control System (2)

Stygium Particle Accelerator (2)

· 4-LOM (1)

· Mist Hunter (0)

· Cloaking Device (2)

Tractor Beam (1)

JumpMaster 5000: · Dengar (33)

Veteran Instincts (1)

Proton Torpedoes (4)

Extra Munitions (2)

Guidance Chips (0)

· Bossk (2)

· Punishing One (12)

Glitterstim (2)

Unhinged Astromech (1)

-- TOTAL ------- 95/100p. --

Probably mentioned already, but... The G1-A has no cannon upgrade slot... how do you equip the tractor beam? When the person said you "just equip it" does that mean it ignores the fact there is no upgrade for it? So other than the "Mist Hunter" there can no no other G1-A fighters that use the tractor beam?

Just wanting to make sure I fully understand this... 

Probably mentioned already, but... The G1-A has no cannon upgrade slot... how do you equip the tractor beam? When the person said you "just equip it" does that mean it ignores the fact there is no upgrade for it? So other than the "Mist Hunter" there can no no other G1-A fighters that use the tractor beam?

it is the only G1-A that can equip it. 

it doesnt matter that it doesnt have a cannon slot, if you equip the title, you get the cannon regardless. 

it is the only G1-A that can equip it. 

it doesnt matter that it doesnt have a cannon slot, if you equip the title, you get the cannon regardless. 

Some of the squad builders out there will have to work this into their codes then. trying to use the http://xwing-builder.co.uk/build#to theory craft and I can't figure out how to make the tractor beam equip haha