Sign in to follow this  
mwellinger

sets to start with scum and villainy?

Hello, I couldn't really find a definitive answer to this question in the forums so I decided I would ask.  I have two core sets so far and will be getting rebel and imperial aces to enhance the core sets to start.  From what I hear that should be a decent starting point for both Rebels and Imperials.  My question is, what sets would be the "starting" scum and villainy ships?  I would just like my friends to be able to choose out of three factions rather than two.

Most Wanted + Slave 1 expansion is the best start, assuming you have the things necessary to play the game from the Core Set.

Those you can typically pick up from someone who's tried a TIE Swarm, as it was an effective way to purchase more TIEs back in the day.

(Now that we have the Core, the TIE Fighter expansion, and the Gozanti, the one-of-each-exp player has 5 Fighters ane 2 Fos, and so are likely set).

Most Wanted is great value for you money. Lots of stuff in it, 3 ships + cards and dials for both HWK and CS31 Firespray.

And if you play strictly casually, and are not averse to proxies, you get an extra Y-wing with Most Wanted, which you can field as proxy for Rebels. Likewise you can proxy 2 Z95s.

When you like playing with them you can buy the real rebel analogues later.