Sign in to follow this  
Xpytrov

2 eProbes or eHK's

I'm not seeing a lot of love for probe droids in any lists - can someone help talk me out of using them before I lose too many more games? Keep trying to make Sorin work - not going great. :)

I kindof feel that two probes is better than an elite HK, for cheaper: 

+1 activation

+ health

+ Mobile

+ surgier dice (yyb)

+ better surges (2 recover!)

+ one point cheaper

-better range (bby)

-versatile weaponry

-priority target

-'hunter' keyword

Lots to miss there- but figure LOS hasn't been as much a problem as hard cover (cantina map especially). Versatile weaponry is great, but I'd prefer the recovery (which happens on a dodge anyway, if you've got the surge)

I can't really talk you out of it. On paper it looks better. That ability to force the defender to reroll though is amazeballz. By any other measure the Probe Droid should be better with more attack dice, recover, more hit points, mobile, cheaper. Don't like the Move 3 though, that hurts.

Yeah - I think the elite probe at speed 4 is much more playable, but it can still lag behind a little without lots of officer support. 

I'd toyed with Sorin + 2 regular probes (to operate entirely as med range stun-bots) - but they're far too easy to pot-shot kill (and if you don't get them into the mix, you're never using that self-destruct.

Ok, Probe Droids + more activations, bit better surges, bit more health.  - 3 move... and thats all you need to know. Things with 4 move are considered slow in current meta, 3 move is killer, no objectives, can't get to target, can run away from melee enemies, no shoot and get back to cover. 

I am undecided on the use of HKs but have had limited experience with them to really say one way or the other. They take finesse and shielding to be useful for their cost. As I too have been thinking about how to use them, I would like to throw out some thoughts:

-If LOS isn't a big issue for you, consider 8pt HK over 11pt. You can add 1 or 2 marksmen command cards (1pt card) in your deck and it's still usable for other figure's ranged attacks with other deployment cards. So you end up with 3pts to use for more deployment.

-HKs for a Merc build can use the Explosive Weaponry attachment. If you have Gideon/ C3PO, focus those HKs, use Priority Target for Elites if needed (or Marksman), Snipe Blast away. I have had some success with using this. Worth playing around with at least.

Just some thoughts...

-HKs for a Merc build can use the Explosive Weaponry attachment. If you have Gideon/ C3PO, focus those HKs, use Priority Target for Elites if needed (or Marksman), Snipe Blast away. I have had some success with using this. Worth playing around with at least.

I've never run this mainly because I figured the double surge wouldn't be nearly reliable enough - especially as I seem to be firing at white-die rebels (to use versatile weapons to full effect) and they have so much evade. 

Your point about marksmen is a good one! 

On that point: Two Sorin ideas

Sorin Guarded

8 - Sorin

5 - eProbe

5 - eProbe

2 - Officer

2 - Officer

2 - Officer

8 - Guard

8 - Guard

vs

Sorin Unguarded

8 - Sorin

5 - eProbe

5 - eProbe

2 - Officer

2 - Officer

1 - Rule by fear

8 - Hk

8 - Hk

1 - Temp Alliance

I like the latter because 'overdrive' can be used to great effect, and you can 'devotion' for Optimal Bombardment and have half a chance of getting three shots off. But I realise people will get in my face and smash.