Sign in to follow this  
SylinRhyas

Laser Line Tool

I'm having trouble finding a portable laser line tool.  Where can I find one?  Everywhere I look, I just find a pointer.

Harbor Freight makes a small laser line tool, made to mount on a table saw, for about $5 US. You can easily remove the mounting arm and it works great. Unfortunately, I don't believe they sell them online - in stores only.

I'm having trouble finding a portable laser line tool.  Where can I find one?  Everywhere I look, I just find a pointer.

Harbor Freight makes a small laser line tool, made to mount on a table saw, for about $5 US. You can easily remove the mounting arm and it works great. Unfortunately, I don't believe they sell them online - in stores only.

Update: Apparently it IS available via their website: http://www.harborfreight.com/laser-marker.html

Yep, available online.  I just bought two more, because at $5 each, it's nice to have a couple extra.  It's also probably cheaper to just buy another one when the batteries die ;)

I have the Army Painter Target Lock Laser Line and can vouch for it. Very good price too.

Free tip: keep the little circular piece of paper that prevents battery usage - it will preserve your batteries when you're not playing games.

PSA: Note on the Harbor Freight ones, do NOT turn the front piece where the laser is emitted.... it will ruin the laser. Of course, I wouldn't have done that to my laser.. :(

I've turned mine and it seems fine. I'll stop doing it now though. Thanks for the info.

PSA: Note on the Harbor Freight ones, do NOT turn the front piece where the laser is emitted.... it will ruin the laser. Of course, I wouldn't have done that to my laser.. :(

I've turned mine and it seems fine. I'll stop doing it now though. Thanks for the info.

Like wise, I have two and fiddled with them endlessly and still work. Gonna go fiddle more and see if I can break it!

The harbor freight ones are garbage. The batteries are more expensive to replace than the super dim laser is worth. Skip it.

The Army Painter one is WAY better and still only $9. Smaller, way brighter, cleaner line, straight line. Just skip the HF junk.