Sign in to follow this  
Dwing

Rogue One t-65 x-wing in new colours (spoiler)

Well I guess we get to see that x-wing asplode. I sure don't remember that paint scheme at Yavin.9

Given that the movie is about the theft of the Deathstar plans, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone dies except the one person who makes it to Leia with those plans. And then _that_ person dies on the Tantiv.

I dunno... she said "many Bothans died to bring us this information" She could have lied as  a way to play up the rebels feelings, reminding them this is important and getting them riled up before combat. ;)

Wasn't that ROTJ?

Yeah I got confused (as to wich death star plans they are stealing) So if rogue one is about the 1st one, will we get another movie about how the rebels get the info about the second death star?

I hope the space combat is more OT and less E7. The slower pace worked better for what is essentially Spitfires VS Bf109s IN SPACE. The new space battles were just colours and lights moving too fast for my brain to comprehend or understand what was going on.

Anyone who didn't enjoy watching Poe shoot down the entire Imperial Navy is, without a doubt, clinically dead. Inside. 

Well I guess we get to see that x-wing asplode. I sure don't remember that paint scheme at Yavin.9

Given that the movie is about the theft of the Deathstar plans, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone dies except the one person who makes it to Leia with those plans. And then _that_ person dies on the Tantiv.

I dunno... she said "many Bothans died to bring us this information" She could have lied as  a way to play up the rebels feelings, reminding them this is important and getting them riled up before combat. ;)

Wasn't that ROTJ?

Yeah I got confused (as to wich death star plans they are stealing) So if rogue one is about the 1st one, will we get another movie about how the rebels get the info about the second death star?

rogue2, in "the second quest. for the second death star." and stay tuned for the quest for the fourth deathstar, coming in 2018/ep8.

ep.8, the deathstar awakens.

I hope the space combat is more OT and less E7. The slower pace worked better for what is essentially Spitfires VS Bf109s IN SPACE. The new space battles were just colours and lights moving too fast for my brain to comprehend or understand what was going on.

Anyone who didn't enjoy watching Poe shoot down the entire Imperial Navy is, without a doubt, clinically dead. Inside. 

Is this a joke? I'm not so good at telling anymore. Poe's law and all. I had someone say a similar thing about the Star Wars prequels once, and it turns out they were serious. 'Anyone who didn't enjoy that awesome lightsaber fight must be clinicall- "

NO

Oh sure, I loved TFA for the characters, but all the 'action scenes' just moved too fast and suddenly, with Poe doing all the work while the other pilots just spoke their one line and died.

In ANH, the fighting is really slow, with 2 or 3 ships in shot at once, and the pilots have to work together to shake the more maneuverable TIE fighters. Even Luke needed Wedge's help to shake Dark Curse. Poe would've just done some Red Tails 360 degree flatspin move and blown up like this entire squadron of CGI TIE fighters and then Torpedoed a Star Destroyer in the face. It just takes me out of the movie and I realise I'm just watching flashing colours and moving pictures played one after the other in succession. I dunno, I realise they couldn't get away with models on strings slowley moving across frame anymore, but I kinda miss it.

Edited by jimmius

Honestly, I loved the ship combat in TFA. As with the rest of the film, it looks as good as my 4-5 year old self imagined that the OT looked like (ie. better than it actually is. Can't say a word against the OT effects, they're fantastic for the time, but comparing them to new ones is apples to oranges), and as far as having a bit set piece spectacle goes, they're hard to beat. X-wings swooping in across the lake, or diving into a squadron of TIEs, it just looked fantastic. Add in two of the best tracks on the score (March of the Resistance and Sherzo for X-wings) and you get two of the most amazing sequences in all of Star Wars, I think. 

That said, there's still not a lot that can touch the original trench run as a whole package. The newer ones do have a lot of flare and I love them (and the prequel space battles to boot), but the original remains the perfect in every way. 

That's pretty **** cool! I hope this means we can expect some space battles in Rogue One....assuming these photos are legit.

Not necessarily. All this means is that someone will be filmed standing next to one on the ground.

And the "Stealth-X" was a (very) post-Endor upgrade, for Jedi only. If it gets folded back into canon, it'd be contemporary with the T-85 and it'll show up in episode 8 or 9.

Edited by AndrewGPaul

The blue and yellow, is most likely a foot hold, for when you are climbing in to the X wing. It's a panel covering the spot where the toe of your boot goes when climbing into yor ship.

Wasn't that ROTJ?

rogue2, in "the second quest. for the second death star." and stay tuned for the quest for the fourth deathstar, coming in 2018/ep8.

ep.8, the deathstar awakens.

Well that story was in Shadows of the Empire but with the whole Legends thing who knows.

Honestly, I loved the ship combat in TFA. As with the rest of the film, it looks as good as my 4-5 year old self imagined that the OT looked like (ie. better than it actually is. Can't say a word against the OT effects, they're fantastic for the time, but comparing them to new ones is apples to oranges), and as far as having a bit set piece spectacle goes, they're hard to beat. X-wings swooping in across the lake, or diving into a squadron of TIEs, it just looked fantastic. Add in two of the best tracks on the score (March of the Resistance and Sherzo for X-wings) and you get two of the most amazing sequences in all of Star Wars, I think. 

That said, there's still not a lot that can touch the original trench run as a whole package. The newer ones do have a lot of flare and I love them (and the prequel space battles to boot), but the original remains the perfect in every way.

@jimmius: Pretty much this^

We all love the OT but we have to except it was made 30+ years ago. Movies aren't made like that anymore and it's not likely to go back.

Personally I love the way the dogfighting scenes were shot in TFA. It was exhilarating, problem is I didn't get enough of it. I need a proper space battle ala Battle of Endor or Yavin where the focus was on the battle itself. It's one of the reasons I love the Tie escape scene. We're in the pilot seat with Poe and Finn unlike the other scenes where the dogfighting is secondary to whats happening on the ground.

AHA! found it! top right corner:

665595415e2735fbcc14e21404b50103.jpg

It's a Atmostphere Substation..... I guess

Oh wait, yeah, the life support system was in the area of the 'atmosphere substation' triangle on x-wing, so I guess they did do their research assuming 'atmosphere' has something to do with life support, which it does.

@jimmius: Pretty much this^

We all love the OT but we have to except it was made 30+ years ago. Movies aren't made like that anymore and it's not likely to go back.

Personally I love the way the dogfighting scenes were shot in TFA. It was exhilarating, problem is I didn't get enough of it. I need a proper space battle ala Battle of Endor or Yavin where the focus was on the battle itself. It's one of the reasons I love the Tie escape scene. We're in the pilot seat with Poe and Finn unlike the other scenes where the dogfighting is secondary to whats happening on the ground.

One alternate Idea I had to Death Star III, was to just have the First order make a massive fleet in secret, and attack the Republic with that. We would have gotten an Epic space battle! And a massive fleet built in secret would be just as threatning, if not more so! It would've been like Pearl Harbor but Star Wars!

I agree, I am really looking forward to space battles in Rogue One.  And since it is set before ANH, hopefully they will also capture the feel of those fights, more WWII, less whizbangfast.  I still don't really know what Poe was doing in the Oscillator, other than shooting off about 48 torpedoes....

But yeah, I love those pics!  Looks like a rode hard, put away combat verteran of a ship!  Looks so real sitting there.  Probably the grainy photo contributing to that, but dang it looks so real!

0108-sub-star-wars-x-wing-tmz-6.jpg

Isn't that Blue/Yellow symbol for engine for somthing like that?

Link hasn't finished collecting all the pieces of the Triforce yet.

It's the early version of the proton torpedo warning symbol is my guess. 

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/6e/Red5.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070712144848

EDIT: Actually, it's not - the same symbol is visible further up. So... no clue.

Edited by Lampyridae

Not sure about that Lampy.  In the pic you linked, you can clearly see the torp tube immediately in front of the warning.  This one seems to have an access panel in front of it instead.

As others have already supposed, it could be a related to life support systems given its similarity to the symbol from the Tantive in ANH.

Personally,  if I was to hazard a guess - given what we know regarding the plot of 'Rogue One' - could this be a recon X-Wing?  With the ordnance bay replaced by reconnaissance gear?  Could this symbol indicate some sort of equipment related to that, if it is not drawing on ANH for reference?

You know what would look good on that color scheme x-wing? A black sun symbol!!!

Not that I really want a Scum X-Wing... but it would look better with a black sun symbol... just sayin...

I agree. I enjoyed the dog fights for what they were, and I'd agree with the assessment that they were 'balletic', but what I loved about the Battle of Yavin was that I felt like I was given time to really learn a lot about who the pilots were.

Ello Asty, Greg Grunburg Pilot, Jessika Pava, some have names but they don't even get spoken in the films, never mind us getting any chance to know them. It was nice to see a bunch of fighter pilots but I hope a future film has some flight scenes where we really 'get to know them'.

Edited by Ktan