Sign in to follow this  
Dwing

Rogue One t-65 x-wing in new colours (spoiler)

Still don't think Rogue One and Rogue Squadron are related despite the names. Sounds more like a code word for their operation.

We still have no idea what the name "Rogue One" refers to but it's certainly not about Rogue Sqd(sadly).

That said, since the filmmakers have made clear that this will be an all out war film we could reasonably expect some space battles. These set photos just make that speculation all the more likely to be true.

Well I guess we get to see that x-wing asplode. I sure don't remember that paint scheme at Yavin.

Or, you know, there is a chance that the enrirety of the rebellion wasn't at Yavin, and that was just one cell.

First things we see in any SW movie are giant yellow words flying in space talking about Rebels striking from a hidden fortress getting the plans for the Death Star. The rest of ANH is about the Empire trying to find that fortress, rebel base on Yavin. There were surely other groups of rebels flying who knows what kind of ships, but it's explicit that the plans were stolen by rebels from a specific base. Unless they pull a George and change whatever just cause, ya know.

Wait...the rebels were striking? Sounds like more trade negotiations and labor disputes! Typical.

Rebels need better camo for their ships, that blue tarp just ain't cutting it.  Unless it's that planet of Blue Tarp People.

Maybe its covering an important plot point, like a symbol or somthing.

Sometimes a blue tarp is just a blue tarp.

But why would it only cover one specific area?

They've not painted it yet / they are waiting for something to dry/they are hanging tarp up/to get fanboys theorizing.

It's hiding the personal emblem of the Rebellion's greatest fighter pilot, Squadron Leader Jar Jar Binks.

"It's a tarp!"

-Admiral Ackbar

Well I guess we get to see that x-wing asplode. I sure don't remember that paint scheme at Yavin.

Or, you know, there is a chance that the enrirety of the rebellion wasn't at Yavin, and that was just one cell.

First things we see in any SW movie are giant yellow words flying in space talking about Rebels striking from a hidden fortress getting the plans for the Death Star. The rest of ANH is about the Empire trying to find that fortress, rebel base on Yavin. There were surely other groups of rebels flying who knows what kind of ships, but it's explicit that the plans were stolen by rebels from a specific base. Unless they pull a George and change whatever just cause, ya know.

Wait...the rebels were striking? Sounds like more trade negotiations and labor disputes! Typical.

Which brings us back to it being painted for the mission, or being lost during the mission, or being repainted back to it's Red squadron colors, or not going back to Yavin after the mission, or it was an ace's ship with a unique paint job (a-la Poe's Black One T-70), or any number of reasons that don't imply retcon.

Rebels need better camo for their ships, that blue tarp just ain't cutting it.  Unless it's that planet of Blue Tarp People.

They've not painted it yet / they are waiting for something to dry/they are hanging tarp up/to get fanboys theorizing.

Maybe this X-Wing is part of the elite "Tarp Squadron?"

"Tarp Five, standing by!"

Still don't think Rogue One and Rogue Squadron are related despite the names. Sounds more like a code word for their operation.

We still have no idea what the name "Rogue One" refers to but it's certainly not about Rogue Sqd(sadly).

That said, since the filmmakers have made clear that this will be an all out war film we could reasonably expect some space battles. These set photos just make that speculation all the more likely to be true.

What I'd really like to see is something like the scene from the WW2 film Fury where the cast just look up and see American and German squadrons duelling among the clouds. Swap that for a swirling melee of TIEs and X-wings and it could be really quite cool, and sell the 'there is actually a war on' feel that is arguably missing from some SW stuff. 

But then, I also want an awesome space battle of some kind. Force Awakens treated us to a pair of awesome in-atmosphere dogfights, now I want proper space combat.  

IT MUST SPECIFY THE LOCATION OF THE HOLY GRAIL!

eat your heart out, indy3!

(please don't ..! we love you, indy. apart from han you're our only hope!)

Edited by WokeUpDead

Given that the movie is about the theft of the Deathstar plans, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone dies except the one person who makes it to Leia with those plans. And then _that_ person dies on the Tantiv.

Given that the movie is about the theft of the Deathstar plans, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone dies except the one person who makes it to Leia with those plans. And then _that_ person dies on the Tantiv.

Given that the dude who dies in the village at the start of TFA is apparently supposed to be one of the stars of Rogue One I think you're probably wrong, but it remains to be seen.

The colours on that remind me of WWI 'dazzle' paint schemes so it could be a camo pattern of some sort.

The tarp may well have been covering the cockpit to protect the glass and its just been pulled down OR it might be covering an exposed part of the fusilage that hasnt had the panel put on it yet to protect it.

It's hiding the personal emblem of the Rebellion's greatest fighter pilot, Squadron Leader Jar Jar Binks.

his fall to the dark side at the end of the movie is going to be so dramatic

AHA! found it! top right corner:

It's a Atmostphere Substation..... I guess

Life-support systems, perhaps?

That's my guess.

No, life support is made of hexagons behind the pilot's seat on the T-65! Quick, someone find the ICS and post it!

They don't even have to make it Leia in person. I believe Vader locked onto the Tantive IV because of a transmission.

"...you weren't on any mercy mission this time. Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by rebel spies, I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you."

I dunno... she said "many Bothans died to bring us this information" She could have lied as  a way to play up the rebels feelings, reminding them this is important and getting them riled up before combat. ;)

Edited by Robin Graves

Well I guess we get to see that x-wing asplode. I sure don't remember that paint scheme at Yavin.9

I dunno... she said "many Bothans died to bring us this information" She could have lied as  a way to play up the rebels feelings, reminding them this is important and getting them riled up before combat. ;)

Wasn't that ROTJ?