Sign in to follow this  
neosmagus

Force Adept and Rerolls

I'm with those that say "that figure" refers to "you" (Diala) or "friendly figure" (which is anything but an Imperial)'s dice rolls. If for whatever reason in that single activation sequence they (Diala/rebel figure) rolled a black/white dice, I would allow it, but in most 99% cases they aren't, then it pretty much just refers to that target's attack dice for attacking/attribute testing.

~D

I just heard back from FFG on this question:

Can Diala's Force Adept be used while attacking to reroll a defense die (for example, to avoid a Dodge)? Other reroll abilities such as Targeting Computer and Strike Force specifically say "reroll 1 attack die", but Force Adept says simply "reroll 1 die" which seems to imply that it can be used on defense dice (but still only while attacking, not while defending). On the other hand, it says "that figure" may reroll 1 die, and the rules say that the attacker rolls attack dice and the defender rolls defense dice, so it could also be argued that "that figure" has only rolled attack dice and can therefore only reroll attack dice. But in that case, the phrasing "attack die" on Targeting Computer etc. is redundant.

No, you cannot use "Force Adept” to reroll an opponent’s defense die for the reason you stated (the ability referencing “that figure”). The reason that the phrase “attack die” is omitted is because the ability can affect both tests and attacks.

Thanks!

Paul Winchester

I stand corrected. :)