Sign in to follow this  
GreatMazinkaiser

We have Red Ace!

Poor guy did not get assigned a very good pilot ability. 

Comm Relay and R2-D2 say otherwise.

Huh, didn't think about Comm Relay. I'll try giving that a shot.

Shame he lacks an Elite Pilot Talent to have Juke. You could give him one with R2-D6, but then no regen.

Edited by WingedSpider

Yeah, Red Ace is quite an effective option for Rebel Regen lists. Not too many viable builds unfortunately. (thrusters vs. IA, Comm Relay may be optional).

If you do use Comm Relay I suggest placing a tiny asteroid in your deployment zone to charge up his token before going into the fight.

Edit: On another note if anyone can get me a hi-rez screencap or decent comic book version somehow I'd really dig it. Pava's easy, but Bastian didn't get much screen time and I had a hard time finding even this image.

Edited by GreatMazinkaiser

Am I missing something? How is Lieutenant Bastian confirmed as being Red Ace? I'd expect we'll get all the named pilots in whatever upcoming expansion gives us the Orange and Black x-wing.

That won't be for another year or so most likely, so in the meantime as the only other named Red Squad member he's the best candidate for Red Ace, just like Snap and Jess are the best candidates for Blue Ace.

If you do use Comm Relay I suggest placing a tiny asteroid in your deployment zone to charge up his token before going into the fight.

Or consider putting Jan Ors crew into your list somewhere. She works best with Red Ace, but makes Comm Relay a reasonable upgrade for any T-70.

Am I missing something? How is Lieutenant Bastian confirmed as being Red Ace? I'd expect we'll get all the named pilots in whatever upcoming expansion gives us the Orange and Black x-wing.

That won't be for another year or so most likely, so in the meantime as the only other named Red Squad member he's the best candidate for Red Ace, just like Snap and Jess are the best candidates for Blue Ace.

I don't see how this follows. The choice of generic naming refutes the idea that any of the ships are named pilots from the movie. FFG had access to "Ello Asty" so they probably could have represented any of these other named characters if they wanted to.

And even if you feel like assigning one of those identities to Red/Blue Ace, HOW DARE YOU PICK SOMEONE OTHER THAN NIEN NUNB

Or consider putting Jan Ors crew into your list somewhere. She works best with Red Ace, but makes Comm Relay a reasonable upgrade for any T-70.

Or purposely hit an asteroid before the shooting starts. ;)

I can see it now.

• Turn 0 place Big Rock in front of Red Ace.
  • Turn 1 Land on Rock and pray for hit or crit.
  • Turn 2 if no crit or hit move off the rock and pray for hit or crit. If received hit or crit then just do a green maneuvers until shields are at full.

I don't see how this follows. The choice of generic naming refutes the idea that any of the ships are named pilots from the movie. FFG had access to "Ello Asty" so they probably could have represented any of these other named characters if they wanted to.

And even if you feel like assigning one of those identities to Red/Blue Ace, HOW DARE YOU PICK SOMEONE OTHER THAN NIEN NUNB

The choice of generic naming reflects the dearth of information FFG was fed prior to the film's release. Nothing says they can't retroactively be named after film characters. It's ripe for custom cards.

Affirmative action; black guy > puppet. Also, I think Nien Nunb is technically part of Black Squadron (though he wasn't during the film).

I can see it now.

• Turn 0 place Big Rock in front of Red Ace.
  • Turn 1 Land on Rock and pray for hit or crit.
  • Turn 2 if no crit or hit move off the rock and pray for hit or crit. If received hit or crit then just do a green maneuvers until shields are at full.

I've done it... it's now my standard opening move for my double regen list.

Ello Asty was the only other pilot to have information given out in time for the toy release- it was him and Poe on Force Friday as far as named pilots went. Snaps, Pava, Bastian were named later on.

Red Ace with Juke, comms relay and R2D2 might be over the top. I usually am in favor of EPT's on elite generics, but I think FFG made the right call here.

Just realised he can't take Juke anyways. No EPT. May have been confusing myself from toying with Omega leader too...