Sign in to follow this  
Brockart

Alternate Art Trandoshan Slaver?

I just saw an Alternate Art Trandoshan Slaver card for sale on Ebay. The item description said it was from the Store Championship kits. Is this real?
The FFG article about the kits didn't say anything about this card.

Does anyone know any info about this?

24221113981_33b35788f8_b.jpg

The store owners made them

Good to know.   It's too bad the card isn't tourney legal.  I would love to use that with my YV-666. The artwork is sweet.

You could just have the accurate card on hand just in case.

EDIT: That would actually be neat to have...

Edited by MegaSilver

Good to know.   It's too bad the card isn't tourney legal.  I would love to use that with my YV-666. The artwork is sweet.

I use homemade alt-art cards (and ship models in the case of A-wings and Poe) at tournaments all the time. Just bring a backup in case people complain.

Oh dear sweet jesus....someone's actually trying to sell that?

I think top 40 got it at the Wasteland Store Championship here in Atlanta.

It ain't official, it's something our TO did because our TO is awesome and our community is awesome.

Top 8 also got an alt-art Corran Horn.

And we also got Alt-Art Rank Cards (like bag-tags).

Well what are you talking about not legal. IF you got the model and the tile and the dial you would likely have the original card. It is an exact copy of the slaver stat for stat and point for point. Use the proxy rule to show that it is the same card as the original and then play with that art for aesthetic style. It is not like a different cosmetic look starts putting weights on the dice.

Now as legality that is more of a question in terms of copyright. Selling it as an official X-wing product is not likely to be legal. But again most of the production expense and profit of x-wing products comes from the miniature models not the card and cardboard.

Well what are you talking about not legal. IF you got the model and the tile and the dial you would likely have the original card. It is an exact copy of the slaver stat for stat and point for point. Use the proxy rule to show that it is the same card as the original and then play with that art for aesthetic style. It is not like a different cosmetic look starts putting weights on the dice.

Now as legality that is more of a question in terms of copyright. Selling it as an official X-wing product is not likely to be legal. But again most of the production expense and profit of x-wing products comes from the miniature models not the card and cardboard.

What you likely have doesn't matter. Proxy cards are not legal at official events. This card is illegal at official events. Bring the real one with you if you plan to place this one on the table.

Only tokens and templates are allowed to be 3rd party, and if your opponent requests it you'll both be sharing either your templates or his.

One issue.

So far every pilot card has shown the ship in some form. This one just shows a guy.

No go for me, personally.

Alt boba and tycho say hi

I think he meant generics, there isn't a single generic with a person on it for a ship card, they are all just different art work of said ship.

I'm all about homemade alternate art cards. But they should list that the card is a home-brew if they're going to sell it for $60.
It looks pretty legit from the pic.

Edited by DrewBacca

These were special participation prizes for the first store championship in Atlanta yesterday. We also got an alt art corran horn, as well as some custom ranking cards featuring our area logo.

We like our community.

Can you post a pic of the Alt Art Corran? The slaver looks really good, and I'd love to see what they used for Corran.

So to start of with, I made these cards to extend the participation prizes at my store championship. I knew I'd get more than 32 players so I made my own promos so everyone would get one. The guy who listed it on ebay contacted me and has taken it down. He didn't know it wasn't an official promo. The corran card I gave out to the top 10. Here's a pic of the promos (stolen from Engine25)

cards_zpsdyqsk2du.jpg

Edited by Lambot

So to start of with, I made these cards to extend the participation prizes at my store championship. I knew I'd get more than 32 players so I made my own promos so everyone would get one. The guy who listed it on ebay contacted me and has taken it down. He didn't know it wasn't an official promo. The corran card I gave out to the top 10. Here's a pic of the promos (stolen from Engine25)cards_zpsdyqsk2du.jpg

Those look fantastic! I know a lot of Game Of Thrones players make their own cards for their own shops too, so it makes sense for Xwing. I would definitely trade for that slaver. Scum needs more representation.

Im a little biased towards scum since I play them. My SC list uses that trandoshan slaver which is where it came from to begin with. The next set I've got a Torkhil Mux made up. I'm focusing on making alts for pilots that dont have promos yet

So to start of with, I made these cards to extend the participation prizes at my store championship. I knew I'd get more than 32 players so I made my own promos so everyone would get one. The guy who listed it on ebay contacted me and has taken it down. He didn't know it wasn't an official promo. The corran card I gave out to the top 10. Here's a pic of the promos (stolen from Engine25)cards_zpsdyqsk2du.jpg

This is my Facebook picture! I was about to put it here myself and then I saw this.