Sign in to follow this  
MortalPlague

Youngster's PS Is too High

**EDIT** I completely misread the card, my mistake.  Range 1-3 on his ability makes all the difference.

I tried to use Youngster in a list the other day.  Thought it would be fun to run a bunch of Epsilon Pilots with Comm Relays to carry an evade token, then have Youngster give them the option to use Expose.  I realized the problem as I moved my first ship; the Epsilons on PS1 will move forward, out of range 1 of Youngster, then when it comes time to take an action, they can't use it.

Youngster's PS of 6 is very inconvenient.  He doesn't work for any generics unless you either fly him out in front (which is suicide for a lone TIE Fighter) or fly him to meet your squad as the battle starts (very challenging).  The only way he works is with other named TIE pilots.  If he were even at PS4, you could run him with Black Squadron TIEs...

I feel like they got Youngster and Wampa mixed up when assigning their pilot skills...

Edited by MortalPlague

Actually, I like Youngster with marksmanship, teamed up with Wampa, then a bunch of skill 3 pilots. If Wampa rolls any focus results (as long as he chose the marksmanship action), he can automatically do one damage, that'll go right through shields. Useful vs rebels, and high agility imperials alike.

His ability is range 1-3

Even a 5 forward from in front of youngster is only only about range 2 1/2 from youngster. It's the main reason his ability is 1-3, and of course epic games where he really shines.

Huh. Wait. Can 

Nevermind. Only applies to TIEs. I can't let a Raider take Marksmanship. It's like they saw it coming or something...

His ability is range 1-3

You are absolutely correct.  I somehow completely mis-read the card, even when I went back to look at it during the game.

Apparently I need to pay more attention to card text.  My mistake!

Hey don't worry, I know that feel. I somehow believed for a very long time that there was a Turret with the [action] attack: header x)