Sign in to follow this  
theChony

Device Tokens rollover between missions?

I'm almost 100% positive that they do since literally nothing token wise carries over from mission to mission. I'm going to heck the Twin Shadows Rulebook when I get home.

People have pointed out that RAW doesn't actually clear conditions between missions but this is clearly the intent which technically needs an FAQ I believe.

EDIT: I checked the rules and it seems like it doesn't say they must be cleared. Once again I think this is clearly not RAI but until an FAQ you may be able to argue that they stay.

Edited by MikeNYHC

I've found something in rules... not as good as "discard any token at the end of any mission", but... So,

in Twin Sadows rules (same in Hoth) :

"During campaign setup, when Saska Teft is chosen as

a hero, place the device tokens in a supply near her

play area."

So, at the beginning of any mission, player that use tokens must take device tokenS (so all) to create a supply :) even if this device is owned by any other character

joking interpretation of rules

I've found something in rules... not as good as "discard any token at the end of any mission", but... So,

in Twin Sadows rules (same in Hoth) :

"During campaign setup, when Saska Teft is chosen as

a hero, place the device tokens in a supply near her

play area."

So, at the beginning of any mission, player that use tokens must take device tokenS (so all) to create a supply :) even if this device is owned by any other character

joking interpretation of rules

During the campaign setup, so only at the beginning of a new campaign. I tried looking it up in the RtH rulebook as well as the core rules and there is only mentioning that supply tokens needs to be discarded no others [for some reasons the dmg and strain tokens are not referenced to as tokens but it says to just replenish health and strain or something like that]. It's strange, but since the supply cards are discarded as well I would say that the device token should be discarded as well. Nothing is carried over between mission [Just add a house rule: Saska is pretty selfish about her devices and she wants them all back in the box :) Neat und tidy!]

I believe the intention that conditions and tokens do not carry over between missions. This is also listed in the mission setup as well:

"Mission Setup", RRG, page 18:

5. Prepare Dice, Cards, and Other Tokens: Place all dice, the Condition and Supply decks, damage tokens, strain tokens, and condition tokens within easy reach of all players.

Purely coincidental - I was studying through the rules again to prepare myself for Hoth and spotted that one the same day I'd read this topic.  Surprised that it isn't repeated in the end of mission stuff.