Sign in to follow this  
Kaz83

Good Youtube Channel for Batreps?

So I have been watching alot of the Team Covenant videos and really love the way they are done. Are there anymore channels out there that have similar recent X-Wing Content?

Sanctioned makes some great videos. Their latest uploads show improved graphics and effects so it's cool to see.

URL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXKIDe1c4E0PbX7gEldG62Q

Also, FFG's official coverage of the last two World Tournaments is pretty interesting. You get to hear stuff from the designer's perspective.

URL: https://www.youtube.com/user/FantasyFlightStudio/playlists

(look under World Championship Weekend 2014 and 2015)

Even though this last one is more casual-based than competitive, X-Wing was featured in a TableTop episode, a web show hosted by Whil Wheaton. They get some rules wrong and it's a scenario more than a straight-up dogfight but the dialogue and banter between the players is just a blast. (There's a 30 min. version and an hour-long version. You can find both as the top results)

URL: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=x+wing+miniatures+tabletop

Edited by 7falcon7wings7

There are some good ones as you see, just let me warn you of anything that Miniwargaming made. At least if you want to see serious batreps.

They had the main guy of MWG do them in the beginning and he basically won a lot because his adversaries had no clue and they made some minor mistakes while playing.

But that was still okay!

But now you have this other bearded guy that makes them. They stubbornly refuse to learn the most basic rules of the game and they keep using a handheld camera while moving their ships with the other hand... Try to play X-Wing like that some time, and you will see that "parody of a battle report" would be a pure understatement for the result.

So yeah, don't waste your time, just a tip!

Edited by ForceM

I don't think they have done one for a while but the sanctioned / x wing trials guys were without peer for a while.

Yeah they are fantastic, but the last one is 7 months ago. That was a whole other era of X-Wing back then XD

Sad that they aplarently stopped their battle reports!

Massive collection here. Some of them are very good (mostly the ones named above) and some of them are painful (mainly crappy/annoying announcers, but I won't call anybody out here). But there are a LOT! Keep in mind that they go back a long time, too, so there have been a few rules changes. Anyway, I've been watching this list off and on for quite some time and still have ~100 videos to go!

Fly Casual Batreps do an awesome job.

Fly Causal all the way for me! Best looking vids second to TC, IMO.

Occasionally they will make a blunder on their tally sheets, but do point them out!

Yeah, I like them a lot. The quality of the actual games often isn't the best, though - it feels like there are a lot of rules mistakes and whathaveyou.