Sign in to follow this  
thiagolbahia

Imperial Class Cards

I've got a my first campaign coming up. I like skirmish. Anyway I've got The core set and Twin Shadows. This is also the players first time. The heroes are: Biv.Gideon.Mak. and Fenn. What class deck should I take?

First campaign I recommend Military Might. Its fun, and powerful in a very straightforward way.

I've got a my first campaign coming up. I like skirmish. Anyway I've got The core set and Twin Shadows. This is also the players first time. The heroes are: Biv.Gideon.Mak. and Fenn. What class deck should I take?

First campaign I recommend Military Might. Its fun, and powerful in a very straightforward way.

Will do. 

Subversive Tactics doesn't have as much defense as the other decks, you can easily find yourself without any Imperials left on the board.  If the Rebels also have MHD-19 then the deck is pretty much screwed.  You really have to make sure work that Savage Weaponry and the bleed condition to slow the Rebels down or you're just going to get steamrolled.

Military might, as has been said, is very straight forward and simple to play.  Focus on troopers!  Later in the campaign, elite storms and especially, elite snows are brutal when combined with endless ranks (reserves?) and assault armour; very difficult to take down in one round and then very cheap to reinforce.

Go straight for assault armour and endless ranks; these together are very hard for the rebels to beat!

After that, the rest of the deck is kind of meh; combat veterans looks really good but is nothing really special in the grand scheme of things.  If you double up assault armour and combat veterans, your squad is very scary, but it is only one squad so if the rebels are smart, they'll gun everything else down, then run for the objective.

Endless Ranks only works when Deploying, not when reinforcing. Otherwise you're on the money. Also don't underestimate the power of Sustained Fire. Combined with Show of Force it helps to deal the final punch to the hero who is almost wounded by your previous attack.

P.S. Combat Veterans is great on an Elite E-Web engineer if you manage to keep it alive until it can activate. The extra +1hit is very good on regular Stormtrooper group too, also don't underestimate Squad Training.

Edited by a1bert

Endless Ranks only works when Deploying, not when reinforcing. Otherwise you're on the money. Also don't underestimate the power of Sustained Fire. Combined with Show of Force it helps to deal the final punch to the hero who is almost wounded by your previous attack.

P.S. Combat Veterans is great on an Elite E-Web engineer if you manage to keep it alive until it can activate. The extra +1hit is very good on regular Stormtrooper group too, also don't underestimate Squad Training.

Really?  I was under the impression that it worked when you were deploying via reinforcements as well.  Hmmmm...

-1 threat to deploy a whole card is junk then for 2 xp.  That makes military might far less effective.  No wonder my wife kept taking me apart with elite snowtroopers with assault armour...

Really?  I was under the impression that it worked when you were deploying via reinforcements as well.  Hmmmm...

-1 threat to deploy a whole card is junk then for 2 xp.  That makes military might far less effective.  No wonder my wife kept taking me apart with elite snowtroopers with assault armour...

Yeah, the Deployment cost is separate from the Reinforcement cost. That being said, I still feel the card is worth it, considering it's lowering the cost for between 4-9 of your deployment cards (depending on what expansions you got). That one extra threat can add up quickly, getting turned into additional officers, other deployments or reinforcements, or used on abilities.

Basically, in a 6 turn mission, it's an additional stormtrooper or E-web deployment. And that's not counting additional threat you could be getting during a mission.

It's not junk, but no, don't take it.  It doesn't make Military Might less effective, if you were playing with a reinforcement cost on troopers of 1 then you were effectively doubling your threat, which is not just a little broken.