Sign in to follow this  
Surge4tw

The Force Awakens *movie spoilers!* new pilots and crew?

If you havent seen The Force Awakens, please do not read this... also go see the movie.

Now that, thats done, any opinions on any Ideas for stats or details to a Rey Pilot card for the Falcon, or maybe a crew card for Finn? 

My local shop keeps thinking maybe we will get a new YT- 1300 with movie updates and new crew cards etc, but I still wonder where they would slide these in elsewhere.

Opinions? :)

If the Falcon with rectangular rectenna is made would it be compatible with the old pilots and stuff or would it be considered a completely new model per FFG tourney policies? It would basically be a customization beyond just painting, so the rules would disqualify it as the YT-1300 from wave 2. It would have to be a YT-1300 Custom or something, unless FFG FAQs the expansion to contain a 'variant' that is still a YT-1300 despite having a noticeable difference.

The game still hasn't got the YT-1300 for Scum & Villainy. If they make such a piece you bet she'll be there + BB-8 and Finn crew. (She'dd be a resistance fighter of course)

Edited by tsuruki

I didnt even think of her coming in a scum YT - 1300, good point, I worry that it wouldnt be accesable to Reb/Res players though woth out cross buying, unless the YT-1300 for scum is just as convertable as the Y-wing, Z-95, Fire spray and Crow were.

The game still hasn't got the YT-1300 for Scum & Villainy. If they make such a piece you bet she'll be there + BB-8 and Finn crew. (She'dd be a resistance fighter of course)

But is Rey Scum? Sure she started out that way but so did Luke and Han.The only one who was loosely related with the Rebel Alliance was Obi Wan.

Now sure there could be a scum version of the YT-1300 easily. But I think the YT-freighter of the Millennium Falcon will be of the resistance faction. Unless they give it the Garbage title which for 0 points gives it the scum faction. YT-1300 only.

I'd love a "Most Wanted" style pack for rebels, with some interesting new upgrades for (say) the Z-95 and E-Wing, but also standalone cardboard for ResistancePilot!Rae (YT-1300), and crew!Finn.

I do not ever want to see the YT-1300 in the Scum faction. There's already too much overlap between Rebels and Scum.

I'd really like to see a new version of Luke crew too. The current version is very much ANH Luke, I'd like to see a Master Skywalker crew card, that has a predictive/random reducing element like a powered down palpatine. I like: Once per round you may change all of a friendly ships dice rolls to eyeballs. This is thematic with Jedi being about focus, instinct and concentration.

Unless they give it the Garbage title which for 0 points gives it the scum faction. YT-1300 only.

:)

Maybe they will release a Falcon with rectangular antenna and Rey pilot and maybe Finn crew (some kind of gunner?). But I am not happy with all those cross timeperiod stuff, so i am inclined to hoping they will, once there are enough ships available with new background, separate the factions. So you cannot field 20year Lukes together with 20year old Reys.

We have some timecrossing in tge older factions as well, but not 30years.

As for rebel/ scum crossover: both use what they can get their hands on, so you would expect some crossover. The Falcon would probably having been released totally different, if they had known the game will have that much success and will get a third faction (s&v) then.

Edit: fixing quote error

Edited by Managarmr

Time to pist this, yet again:

My thought is they WILL rerelease the Millenium Falcon with The Force Awakens branding, the marketing will likely make this a reality.

But how to make it different?

Simple: give the new The Force Awakens characters their cards: Rey pilot card, Finn a crew card (when you attack an enemy in your fire arc, roll an extra attack die.)

Now include some scum pilots as well: Unkar Plutt is a great choice (when revealing a manoeuvre, you may instead do a red zero manoeuvre.).

Trex, and the title card for his ship, the Krayt Fang.

The new Millenium Falcon Title will give this: a Illicit upgrade slot. As per the canon novel, Smuggler's Run, include an illicit Upgrade SLAM Drive - likely a single use, or high chance that the card will fail.

And Finn crew card would not be faction specific

I'm pretty sure obi wan was pretty entrenched with the rebellion. Leia sends the death star plans to him after all. The old canon is gone tho there is going to be a comic for obi wan during his EP 3-4 down time. Pretty much all the characters in ANH are in the rebellion after the movie events in the new canon, unlike the old canon where han is affiliated but only joins after mid rotj.

Unless they give it the Garbage title which for 0 points gives it the scum faction. YT-1300 only.

:)

Maybe they will release a Falcon with rectangular antenna and Rey pilot and maybe Finn crew (some kind of gunner?). But I am not happy with all those cross timeperiod stuff, so i am inclined to hoping they will, once there are enough ships available with new background, separate the factions. So you cannot field 20year Lukes together with 20year old Reys.

We have some timecrossing in tge older factions as well, but not 30years.

As for rebel/ scum crossover: both use what they can get their hands on, so you would expect some crossover. The Falcon would probably having been released totally different, if they had known the game will have that much success and will get a third faction (s&v) then.

Edit: fixing quote error

I guess Biggs and porkins flying with Corran is ok though right?

I'd love a "Most Wanted" style pack for rebels, with some interesting new upgrades for (say) the Z-95 and E-Wing, but also standalone cardboard for ResistancePilot!Rae (YT-1300), and crew!Finn.

I do not ever want to see the YT-1300 in the Scum faction. There's already too much overlap between Rebels and Scum.

Well, the Imperials do call them "rebel scum" for a reason ;)

If we're gonna do Scum Falcon cards, I'm not sure why you'd put in "insert throwaway movie namedrop" over Scum Han/Lando/Chewie.

That being said (and as much as I'm thoroughly opposed to a re-release of a barely different large ship) if a re-release is the only way to get Rey into the game as opposed to waiting for her to show up in a T-70/85 down the road, then I'm grudgingly for it. Hasbro's dropping the ball on putting the MAIN character into merchandise is thoroughly sickening. #WheresRey and all.

I can see all three current Falcon pilots in Scum, with different abilities since it's a new faction for them, and the same ship.

And the three scum pilots that stole the falcon.

And Rey as a Resistence pilot, possibly with Chewie and Han. Dunno if Resistence counts as seperate from Rebs, so Han and Chewie might keep their same abilities.

New title(s) for the YT-1300. Maybe the pilot cards can be similar to the Jumpmaster where the extra stats come at a price with title.

Yeah that's already a lot of cards, and we haven't gotten to crew or anything! Rathtar crew will be awesome! (to put on the opponent's ship that is)

You wouldn't be wrong but you have to admit it is much harder to cross over sophisticated and uniformed military hardware to criminal factions instead of cheap rugged insurgent hardware (even though most rebel fighters are not that cheap).

Sure there are plenty of Rebel/Resistance ships that can cross over into Scum (The X-wing is not one of them). Question is what Imperial ship(s) could cross over into the scum? Well maybe the Lambda Shuttle but that is about it.

However I think we all can agree if the Scum Falcon becomes a pilot all of them (except maybe the highest skilled pilot Lando) should have the ORS stats instead of the Falcon stats.

Edited by Marinealver

If we're gonna do Scum Falcon cards, I'm not sure why you'd put in "insert throwaway movie namedrop" over Scum Han/Lando/Chewie.

That being said (and as much as I'm thoroughly opposed to a re-release of a barely different large ship) if a re-release is the only way to get Rey into the game as opposed to waiting for her to show up in a T-70/85 down the road, then I'm grudgingly for it. Hasbro's dropping the ball on putting the MAIN character into merchandise is thoroughly sickening. #WheresRey and all.

I keep hoping that excluding Rey was their way of discouraging people from playing Monopoly at _all_, because it's a terrible game.

It _is_, however, a great marriage of theme and mechanics. The theme is "capitalism is evil", and every mechanic that makes the game unfun reinforces that mechanic.

#Where'sRey? I hope she's playing a better game.