Sign in to follow this  
4fox100

What is your favorite ship to fly?

Starviper, hands down. Guri can hang with any small ship pilot in the game, despite PS 5, and it's all because of that dial and the sensor upgrade. The generics are very capable ships as well.

Second vote is for TIE Bomber. It's my favorite-looking ship in the game, and when flown as a mini swarm they're hard to beat.

the Tie/FO is a thing of absolute beauty. No one expects much of the Tie Fighter 2.0, until it's segnored right behind them and juking them to death

The Starviper is my scum favorite; easily the most underrated ship with the most underrated (named) pilots in the game. It's simplistic style belies an amazing action bar and dial, plus powerful dice mods and a solid stat-line

even the T-70, despite its lack of viable pilots, flies like an absolute dream. Both Heaver Poe and the immaculate bb-8 + ptl shenanigans Asty are absolute joys to play

Edited by ficklegreendice

It's a tie (no pun intended) between the 2400 and the YV-666. The 2400 because it so maneuverable for a large base ship. The YV-666 because with the addition of EU it actually is a pretty tough ship to arc dodge and it can hit like a ton of bricks. It's sad how underated this ship is.

Edited by Evenflow30

Nothing flashy, but gets the job done

Have you ever played Rogue Squadron?

I'm actually not a fan of the Phantom, it feels just... wrong. It's great, it works, but using it feels like 'easy mode'. Though I imagine post-neft that's a bit different.

My favorites are a "TIE" (heh) between the Defender and the Interceptor. But the Punisher is quickly gaining. Man, get a named guy, load him up, and give him Sensor Jammers... good god is that a whole lotta hurt behind a whole lotta tank.

For me, it's a toss up between the Advanced and the Defender. The Advanced was one of my very first purchases, and it's been my favorite ship from the movies for as long as I can remember. However, I'm also a huge fan of the Defender, and have flown it with a surprising amount of success over the past few months. I'm sure the Defender will easily top my list once the Imperial Veterans pack comes out, though. 

Can't decide - I have about two per faction. Well if I have to:

• Rebels: B-Wings, specificaly with Tactician all day. K-Wing in all viable configurations does come close, though.
  • Imperials: TIE Bomber, no question. Buying 4 of them has been my best purchase descision for this game. When I play an imperial list that doesn't have a Bomber it probably has a Punisher in it.
  • Scum: The Star Viper is just amazing. I love to combo Guri with HWK abilities and Xizors immortality is just too entertaining.
  • Cross faction: the HWK-290 has been the second ship I bought. Back then there only were imperials and rebels. I fell in love with its supporting abilities, but it soon became clear to me that only Roark was really worth it. He did a lot of work for me - together with an Ion Cannon B-Wing he made a Lambda flee the battle in my first tournament were I took second place (it was pretty small). Roark however is not flexible as to in what build you run him, so I stopped using him regulary after a while. When S&V came out I immediatly got two Most Wanted packs and a second HWK - the scum pilots are just so good! Then wave 7 gave us TLT and the HWK even came back into my rebel lists. I still love it.

The Interceptor has always been my favourite.

Hell, I flew soontir at tournaments before autothrusters.

But the Tie/FO has really grown on me. The list I have most fun flying right now is 3 named FO and two generic

Y-Wing has always been one of my favourites and once Scum come out I was hooked all over again! Kavil in particular.

YV-666 is massively underrated. Used properly it's a beast.

Tie Interceptor is a little overpowered but so much fun to fly.

Honourable mentions to Punisher, Kihraxz & Firespray.

Y-Wing has always been one of my favourites and once Scum come out I was hooked all over again! Kavil in particular.

What do you consider proper use of the YV-666? As cheap as possible? ~50 points of Bossk?

There are a few ships I cant help myself from putting in lists mostly X-wings, Z-95's, Tie and Tie interceptors. But I also love to take ships people consider terrible and make them work for me Hawk's, Lambda and if I had more Scyk's id try and make a list based around them.

Ships looks wise I tend towards the EU ships, I know a lot of them look terrible but they make me feel the starwars universe is bigger then rebels and empire.

What do you consider proper use of the YV-666? As cheap as possible? ~50 points of Bossk?

Properly was maybe the wrong word. "Used well within your gameplan" is probably better. As long as you plan around its limitations it's strong.

Personally I like 2 Slavers with Mangler, K4, Outlaw Tech, Gunner, Engine Upgrade & Feedback Array. Keep them close-ish together, overlapping arcs and don't be afraid to do a full stop and Feedback if people are behind you. Tricky to use but it's better than it sounds.  ;)

50 points of Bossk is great fun. Calculation, Mangler, Outlaw & K4. 45 points of awesome.  :D