Sign in to follow this  
cyclopeatron

Imp ace players: How do you deal with stresshogs?

I'm curious to know how you other imp ace pilots (i.e. phantoms, interceptors, vader) having been dealing with BTL stresshogs...?

Do you try to maneuver around to get behind them? Do you rush them to get into R1? Do you bait and switch with a flanker? Do you slow roll through the stress to take them out ASAP? What's been working for you?

avoid arc.

with the Empire being Boost BR or bust faction ive never came across an issue where i've ever been in arc of a BTL4 y when i did not want to be there.

and focus fire if it might be an issue

to clarify:

12342672_10156270498430142_4898100201708

Edited by ficklegreendice

I have only faced a stresshog "typical" build once with Soontir and he danced circles around it like Muhammad Ali. Y-wings in general will have trouble with pinning down a higher PS ace unless they can hit before he gets around behind them. If I were the stresshog I would use my slow 1 moves and they to get a long range shot on the ace to make him more predictable. If I am an Ace like Vader or Soontir I'm am going to fly past the stresshog as fast as I can and use my superior repositioning to stay out of arc.

avoid arc.

with the Empire being Boost BR or bust faction ive never came across an issue where i've ever been in arc of a BTL4 y when i did not want to be there.

and focus fire if it might be an issue

to clarify:

12342672_10156270498430142_4898100201708

i like the use of seismic bomb there.

Edited by Panic 217

I got someone to paint it for me, but they look so much nicer now :P

I like the imperial standard and all, but the gray gets a bit monotonic at times :(

12345493_10156270497435142_4384407784736

but anyway, that's how you deal with stressie

another method is just to fly uniquely imperial tech ala Epsilon Leader or Yorr, or take the stress to kill something important and then just book it out of dodge

Don't slow roll. It increases the chance that you'll be caught in the R3 arc band which is huge. It's much harder to BR/boost your way out of the R3 band. 

Try to draw them towards the middle before getting in close. Once a Stresshog starts 2-turning out of desperation to keep you in arc, you shouldn't have any issues. K-turn is still a threat though.

ah, I wouldn't recommend that one

the AC Tempest is tons of fun...until you run into lucky bull. Literally did half damage to a Y-wing the game prior because he got a naked evade every shot ugh. You'd probably have better luck with 3 Omegas (1 crackshot, 2 Juke + Relays)

anyway, that Death's got AC, Seismics, Conner's; Munitions (37)

from there, we can springboard back on topic :D

after pulling off the pictured maneuver, I realized empire doesn't really have these shenanigans outside deathrain. Rebs do ala BB-8 (T-70s) and sometimes sensors on Es

Then again, if you put the barrel-roll at the end of the sequence instead of the beginning, you have exactly what a PTL interceptor is capable of. range 3 TLT is a huge arc, but nothing you can't dodge ^_^

stuff like the BTL-a4 Y, and TLT Ys in general, however, are why I prefer mini-swarms to ace spam or 2-ships. They'll chew right through Ys

Edited by ficklegreendice